RTX 3080

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Just been emailed asking to change my power supply to process my order further, hopefully i may get it this month then lol.
Just got a message about my PSU as well. What are you going to do?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 09.56.07.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 09.56.07.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 242

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Same PSU I got on my machine. I'd change it to 750w if you REALLY didnt wanna wait, as my machine has been running really smoothly on the 850 and can't imagine the 750 would have any impact unless you were gonna push it heavily

Bren

Just been emailed asking to change my power supply to process my order further, hopefully i may get it this month then lol.
I had the exact thing at around the time of the order, again I'm not a build user I'm just waiting on an upgrade but I'm one from the 17th at 2:02 I ordered an 850, what time did you order? :) but from my understanding they just don't want you coming back with a broken one etc from as when they said that to me etc I assumed id be up soon but that was the same day I ordered so I think when it comes to it and they realise that your build may have a weaker psu I think they're just asking to change it... I maybe wrong so don't take my word for it though xD

Bren

If you're gonna possibly be waiting until the 27th possibly have a look at the 1000 gives you that little bit extra and if you wanted you can oc and the price difference from the 850-1000 is very good aswell and the chance it could speed your build up anything to make that happen is a bonus xD

Robert88

I too had the message to change my PSU (850W) as it was the only thing holding my order up and to change it to speed up my order, or wait until the 27th November until they have stock. Amended through the website, so fingers crossed.

I too had the message to change my PSU (850W) as it was the only thing holding my order up and to change it to speed up my order, or wait until the 27th November until they have stock. Amended through the website, so fingers crossed.
So you have a 3080 allocated? Mind letting us know when you ordered?

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I think a lot of people got that email, I updated my build to use the 1000w too. 750w may be enough but I felt better at 850w so for me the bigger PSU is worth it.

Robert88

So you have a 3080 allocated? Mind letting us know when you ordered?
Well going off the email Id say so yes in terms of allocating a card, it didnt actually say anything about other items, just said the PSU was the only OUT OF STOCK. I was 14:30 sep 17th.

Well going off the email Id say so yes in terms of allocating a card, it didnt actually say anything about other items, just said the PSU was the only OUT OF STOCK. I was 14:30 sep 17th.
Need to check on mine then as they said it was all in stock and I ordered before then

Robert88

Need to check on mine then as they said it was all in stock and I ordered before then
Ye, I would send them an email or call them an ask on the stock situation of all your components. As I said tho, it didnt actually say I had a card allocated, but it does seem strange to only inform me of the PSU and not the GPU.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Ye, I would send them an email or call them an ask on the stock situation of all your components. As I said tho, it didnt actually say I had a card allocated, but it does seem strange to only inform me of the PSU and not the GPU.

Your GPU is a pre-order so technically this is correct as there is no stock level alert for the 3080.
I ordered on October 7th and received the same email, I have ordered a Rog Strix 3080 though if that makes a difference?

Bren

You say theirs a que you say it's first come first serve yet people who can order after the date have received it before hand you can say I'm jealous or what not I couldn't care.. but the fact they can just come in when it's suppose to be first come first serve is a joke while the information giving out is lacklustre oh wait 2-3, weeks then you see that people who ordered after you are getting it before you so it shows the que system they use is non existent while half their waiting for is out of stock so they change it and it goes straight into build while all I'm waiting for is an upgrade it's crazy stuff needs to change asap everytime I phone up I get told the same thing and oh if we got a spare well send you it that's not good enough they need to sort their stuff out im a customer swell but the way I'm being treated they don't give a damn about me and they should be ashamed I ain't seen one upgraded just all builds and that's wrong on so many levels were a customer aswell who ordered before half you lot so why do we have to wait longer than you lot makes me angry when we're treated like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question guys, I had an email a month ago from PCS saying they’re awaiting stock on RTX 3080. I just had one this morning the same format email but this time only saying they’re awaiting stock on my PSU. Does this mean they have a 3080 for me and all I need to do is amend my PSU?

Robert88

Your GPU is a pre-order so technically this is correct as there is no stock level alert for the 3080.
I ordered on October 7th and received the same email, I have ordered a Rog Strix 3080 though if that makes a difference?
Ye, this makes sense actually. Though it wont stop me from clinging onto false hope haha

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Quick question guys, I had an email a month ago from PCS saying they’re awaiting stock on RTX 3080. I just had one this morning the same format email but this time only saying they’re awaiting stock on my PSU. Does this mean they have a 3080 for me and all I need to do is amend my PSU?
See my comment above.
The email is worded the way you are saying but what I think they mean is that should a card turn up for you they don't want your build delayed by the PSU being out of stock... I believe they are expecting a few shipments this month going from grumblings on other forums.