RTX 3080

Agitharon

You talk about respect but you show no respect yourself. It would appear that PCS made a mistake and (according to you) apoligised for their mistake. Where did PCS disrespect you? I sure hope you never make a mistake.
Where exactly? And not according me. According to their rep. If you take issue with that, feel free to call them, I can give you my order number so you can check yourself.
And I accepted their apology.
At the start, they insisted it was all working in order, it took me 20 minutes to have convince them to call the build dept.

Is it not common sense to respect customer queues?
If you went to a pub and they served the person after you, would it not be disrespectful?
As I said, I accepted their apology, as mistakes can happen, but that would mean accepting the fact that it was a mistake first, which was not how they initially got back to me.
And I said, I understand the mistake, accepted it and heck the moment the rep said so, I thanked him and said I will keep waiting.
Going back to the pub example, if they did it once and acknowledged, all good.
Twice? Nope.

Elaborate where I am not showing respect?
It is one thing to support a company, and a different thing to attack someone because they find a certain practice lacking.
Customer service evolves through feedback. Not once did I attack PCS.
Even when they explained to me the thing with the orders on the 16th taking priority, I said I knew about the loophole, and I was fine with it, cause it was as per how their systems work.

And when I make a mistake, the first thing I do is own it, without requiring others to chase it back to me.
Because that is how I show my respect to them.
Would expect more from someone who is moderating the site, rather than attacking a post that frankly only showcases that there is indeed an issue. Furthermore, on my side I have so far tried to also advise with regards to other mix-ups, such as the PSU emails, people who may not have been able to call due to work etc.

The only thing so far lacking in respect, is your reply. Cause it feel more like a personal attack.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
You know when you say a word over and over again until it loses all meaning?

Yeah, 'respect' just hit that stage!

For what it's worth, I wouldn't find the person behind me in the pub getting served first disrespectful.

Gavras

Master Poster
Where exactly? And not according me. According to their rep. If you take issue with that, feel free to call them, I can give you my order number so you can check yourself.
At the start, they insisted it was all working in order, it took me 20 minutes to have convince them to call the build dept.

If you went to a pub and they served the person after you, would it not be disrespectful?
As I said, I accepted their apology, as mistakes can happen, but that would mean accepting the fact that it was a mistake first, which was not how they initially got back to me.
And I said, I understand the mistake, accepted it and heck the moment the rep said so, I thanked him and said I will keep waiting.
Twice? Nope.

It is one thing to support a company, and a different thing to attack someone because they find a certain practice lacking.
Even when they explained to me the thing with the orders on the 16th taking priority, I said I knew about the loophole, and I was fine with it, cause it was as per how their systems work.

And when I make a mistake, the first thing I do is own it, without requiring others to chase it back to me.
Would expect more from someone who is moderating the site, rather than attacking a post that frankly only showcases that there is indeed an issue. Furthermore, on my side I have so far tried to also advise with regards to other mix-ups, such as the PSU emails, people who may not have been able to call due to work etc.

The only thing so far lacking in respect, is your reply. Cause it feel more like a personal attack.
Actually laughed here, you really don’t go to the pub much (well not many do these days).

try that analogy with a Friday night in Bigg Market pub in Newcastle or any Friday night in a city pub.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Twice? Nope.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you so this is all I'm going to say. The facts are (as I stated in my original post) that according to you PCS made a mistake and messed you around. They then apologised for their mistake (again according to you) and you accepted their apology (once again, according to you).

When you accept a proffered apology for any offence then that's the end of the matter. You're perfectly entitled to explain what happened on here, that PCS mucked you about and later apologised for that error and that you accepted their apology, but to pompously go on and on about them 'showing you no respect' is laughable. If anyone is being disrespectful it's you; PCS made an error, apologised and you accepted - and yet here you are still raking over the coals like some spoiled child.

Stuff happens, Life isn't fair. People make mistakes. But when someone sincerely apologises for a mistake and you accept it then the matter is closed.

3080ripper

Following up on this, my PC has gone through building and testing today and is now awaiting dispatch.

The process flies along once you get out of that initial stage.
just wanted to say congrats. i also placed my order on the 17th, and im still in pre production. lets hope i am after you in line for the building stage haha. if i may ask, are you pairing your 3080 with a hdtv or you found a 4k monitor and if yes which one

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I personally have a gigabyte g27QC for now (1440p), but thinking about upgrading to a Acer Predator XB273K at some point.

3080ripper

I went with the Samsung G7 in the end. I looked at the G9, but I just didn't have the space. Plus, you know, the wife told me it was too expensive and I wasn't allowed it. :ROFLMAO:
yea that is fair. the G9 is indeed quite expensive for sure. G7 a very good choice indeed. you will be ready for cyberpunk. lucky dog. i am hope i am as lucky as well. (mainly built this for cyberpunk and to replace the series x for me.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
yea that is fair. the G9 is indeed quite expensive for sure. G7 a very good choice indeed. you will be ready for cyberpunk. lucky dog. i am hope i am as lucky as well. (mainly built this for cyberpunk and to replace the series x for me.
I told myself I was getting it for Cyberpunk, but the truth is I'm getting it for Valhalla, Watchdogs Legion, Cyberpunk, Red Dead 2 and Sekiro as well and that's how I'm justifying the money spent on it.

"But I'll get loads of use out of it", that sort of thing!

Agitharon

I'm not going to get into an argument with you so this is all I'm going to say. The facts are (as I stated in my original post) that according to you PCS made a mistake and messed you around. They then apologised for their mistake (again according to you) and you accepted their apology (once again, according to you).

When you accept a proffered apology for any offence then that's the end of the matter. You're perfectly entitled to explain what happened on here, that PCS mucked you about and later apologised for that error and that you accepted their apology, but to pompously go on and on about them 'showing you no respect' is laughable. If anyone is being disrespectful it's you; PCS made an error, apologised and you accepted - and yet here you are still raking over the coals like some spoiled child.

Stuff happens, Life isn't fair. People make mistakes. But when someone sincerely apologises for a mistake and you accept it then the matter is closed.
This is laughable. My post was merely descriptive of my situation.
I even took the time to explain in a lot of detail why someone makes a post like that, but I guess it was a waste of time.
I do not disagree with your right to have an opinion, but attacking someone is a different thing and you do not exactly have the right to do that, which you once again do with those passive aggressive () and child comments. My language was never at such a base level in any of my posts so far.

The only child here is you, cause you come out of nowhere and open this whole thing for what? Cause you are bored? To white knight? I just do not get what is the point of even picking the original post and making a comment on it, when it was clearly a matter closed, and can even be used as reference for people that may be in the same situation. Like look at how hilarious this is, we are still talking about it for no reason. Had you just left it there, it would just be matter closed, as you say yourself.

Apparently children can be mods these days 🤷‍♂️

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I went with the Samsung G7 in the end. I looked at the G9, but I just didn't have the space. Plus, you know, the wife told me it was too expensive and I wasn't allowed it. :ROFLMAO:
with those weird name you can just tell her that it's some random bill or a piece for the car ;P
"stay tuned for more pro tips" xD

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
Just get your wives into gaming, ladies enjoy it too! I spent over 3k on a build and 800 on a monitor... Went with ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ and stock for these is no better than the 3080, mine is apparently due on the 18th of January.