RTX 3080

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's really strange, unusual circumstances though I guess.

You shouldn't go liquid anyway :p

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered my PC with the 10900k and Nvidia RTX 3080 on the 15th of October... I know way after everyone else but I was told through email before ordering that they’d only oversold by a couple on the 3080. I phoned them the other day and they said they’d just finished all the September builds but that they were hoping to have all the 3080 builds done before Christmas... but atleast the 10900k is in now so just waiting on the 3080

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I ordered my PC with the 10900k and Nvidia RTX 3080 on the 15th of October... I know way after everyone else but I was told through email before ordering that they’d only oversold by a couple on the 3080. I phoned them the other day and they said they’d just finished all the September builds but that they were hoping to have all the 3080 builds done before Christmas... but atleast the 10900k is in now so just waiting on the 3080
I would definitely rethink the 10900k element of that build. Not sure how on the pulse you are with tech but Intel has been absolutely obliterated of late.

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I would definitely rethink the 10900k element of that build. Not sure how on the pulse you are with tech but Intel has been absolutely obliterated of late.
I’m not sure, I do 3D modelling and rendering and when searching found that the 10900k was meant to be good for rendering, that’s why I went with it to speed up the rendering times

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I’m not sure, I do 3D modelling and rendering and when searching found that the 10900k was meant to be good for rendering, that’s why I went with it to speed up the rendering times
I would probably re-visit that information to be honest. Even before the 5000 series, a 3900XT would run rings around an Intel for rendering. The new launch of parts means that £ for £ AMD absolutely smashes Intel everywhere.

We do try to highlight as much as possible the importance of seeking advice on here before hitting the order button. It's difficult as I think most people default to Youtube for information. Most of the time it's massively skewed or out-dated in favour of whatever the content creator has chosen for their own path.

I'm an Intel fan with Intel history and an Intel system telling everyone who will listen, for the past year, that AMD is the route to go down for 99% of situations. You're onto seriously specific software to be advocating Intel now, and the margins are wafer thin.

Stumpykins

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered mine of the 19th September . So they absolutely haven’t finished all of Septembers orders.

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I would probably re-visit that information to be honest. Even before the 5000 series, a 3900XT would run rings around an Intel for rendering. The new launch of parts means that £ for £ AMD absolutely smashes Intel everywhere.

We do try to highlight as much as possible the importance of seeking advice on here before hitting the order button. It's difficult as I think most people default to Youtube for information. Most of the time it's massively skewed or out-dated in favour of whatever the content creator has chosen for their own path.

I'm an Intel fan with Intel history and an Intel system telling everyone who will listen, for the past year, that AMD is the route to go down for 99% of situations. You're onto seriously specific software to be advocating Intel now, and the margins are wafer thin.
Yeah I did look at AMD, I think it’s mainly as I’ve never used AMD before other than for the graphics in my Mac but not as a cpu and was worried as I haven’t spoken to many people who have used them either. I have seen a lot of information stating exactly as you’ve said so maybe a change of cpu might be a good idea

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered mine of the 19th September . So they absolutely haven’t finished all of Septembers orders.
Yeah I was judging by a lot of this thread that that wasn’t entirely true. Did you order the RTX 3080 as well or a different 3080 I.e. the strix?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I ordered in September and mine isnt done.

Strix

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Yeah I’m thinking it’s going to be January at the earliest before I’m in the building stage judging by how long it’s taken for everyone else
Things may change once the 18th arrives, people may swap to the AMD cards, thinking about it myself, so I guess we may see some quicker movement for 3080 builds, just all depends on the stock.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
seeing all those orders being processed, i really hope mine (17th, 17h30, rtx 3090) will be processed today :D

MIETUS

Honestly i would think yours would be in build too have you checked? Check your parts are all in!
I cant at the moment as I am at work :D Will do the first thing when I will come back home matey! Cheers glad to see that they are moving with orders. Enjoy yours bro! (y)(y)

masouth

Mines in build guys! Sept 17th 3:30pm order time so they seem to be getting there now the ones before 17th and first hour are done.

whoa - I ordered at 1427 and still nothing - im not waiting on a build either, just the card.
I fired off an email to PCS querying this.