RTX 3080

jonnyhocks

I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of the FE cards in the drop late last week, so I called up to remove the 3080 from my build on Saturday. The chap I spoke to said that I was one of a number to do so over the weekend so that should get the queue down a bit more for those who are still waiting!

DazGamer

I've come off the phone with PCS to change my build from a i9 10900k to a 5950x.

When ordering my PC with a 3080 i was told that i could change ANY part of the build while i wait for the graphics card to come into stock. However after ringing up i was told that i would need to cancel my order and create a new one, meaning i would go to the back of the queue.

Has anyone else been able to upgrade the MB and CPU while waiting for the GPU?

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
I've come off the phone with PCS to change my build from a i9 10900k to a 5950x.

When ordering my PC with a 3080 i was told that i could change ANY part of the build while i wait for the graphics card to come into stock. However after ringing up i was told that i would need to cancel my order and create a new one, meaning i would go to the back of the queue.

I would try them again.

I rang up on Saturday to get the ball rolling to change my 10900k to 5900X and it is possible. Waiting for PCS to get back to me now.

I had to save an AMD quote to my account with the AMD configuration.

I wouldn’t have touched the 3000 series of Ryzen but the new processors have pulled me away from Intel. Changed my software/games drive from a SATA SSD to a SeaGate FireCuda too.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster

You ordered an Intel build which is a completely different configurator with totally different parts and compatibility etc.
Even if you were one of the first to order the 3080 I'd expect you to go to the back of the queue for the 5950x so it would still likely delay your order regardless?

scarpa1

Enthusiast

Probably because you are switching between Intel and AMD.
Others will give you a definite answer but that would be my guess.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster

I changed my build from Intel to AMD via email and that was resolved quickly. They need to know which CPU and motherboard you want, and then they can amend it for you. Did you pay with a card or finance?

To add more detail, they added a sub-order to my account, the same kind of sub-order as when you amend parts yourself:
Item 1Amendments Charge: £0.00
Item 2Change to ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready! from ASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
Item 3Change to AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.7GHz/73MB CACHE/AM4) from Intel® Core™ i9 10 Core Processor i9-10900X (3.7GHz) 19.25MB Cache

And then on the 5th I amended it to the 5950, and also upgraded my M.2 drive, which added an extra sub-order.

Now thinking about it, nothing in my build stayed the same as when I ordered except for the 3080 and the WiFi card...

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Things may change once the 18th arrives, people may swap to the AMD cards, thinking about it myself, so I guess we may see some quicker movement for 3080 builds, just all depends on the stock.
Fingers crossed, I’ve got projects I’m working on just now using unreal engine and have a lot of rendering to do so this new pc would be extremely helpful just now haha

I ordered my PC with the 10900k and Nvidia RTX 3080 on the 15th of October... I know way after everyone else but I was told through email before ordering that they’d only oversold by a couple on the 3080. I phoned them the other day and they said they’d just finished all the September builds but that they were hoping to have all the 3080 builds done before Christmas... but atleast the 10900k is in now so just waiting on the 3080
That's odd, mine was ordered on the 19/09 and is still in pre-production :(

DazGamer

I changed my build from Intel to AMD via email and that was resolved quickly. They need to know which CPU and motherboard you want, and then they can amend it for you. Did you pay with a card or finance?

To add more detail, they added a sub-order to my account, the same kind of sub-order as when you amend parts yourself:
Item 1Amendments Charge: £0.00
Item 2Change to ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready! from ASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
Item 3Change to AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.7GHz/73MB CACHE/AM4) from Intel® Core™ i9 10 Core Processor i9-10900X (3.7GHz) 19.25MB Cache

And then on the 5th I amended it to the 5950, and also upgraded my M.2 drive, which added an extra sub-order.

Now thinking about it, nothing in my build stayed the same as when I ordered except for the 3080 and the WiFi card...
Thanks ill give email a try then. I was on the phone the first time for 1h 12mins so dont really fancy that again!

I did finance but dont mind paying the differnce up front.

kozuki

Enthusiast
I also emailed them to change from intel build to the zen3 AMD on their launch day, got a response that they're "working on changing it for me" and just got a sub-order just like Voeille said, but i'm waiting on a 3080 strix ordered on 12th of October so I suppose I'm not really making my order late by changing to 5900X. They actually accidentally changed the motherboard to a TUF instead of ROG STRIX that I requested and randomly added a wifi card for me that I don't need, must be hard on them with all of us requesting info and changes non stop :D , but all is well, I can just change it myself now. Still awaiting confirmation if that resets my GPU virtual queue in any way, but live chat said it should be possible to change intel to amd without interfering with the gpu stuff.

Last edited:

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
Are you guys waiting on the 5000 series CPU too?
I'm waiting for the 5950, I amended my order right after 2PM so I reckon I should be fairly high in the queue for it if they go by the actual component order date.

My whole build was ordered on the 17th of September at 22:42, then I made some tweaks in October (it was a refunded credit note as it ended up cheaper and it doesn't show a date), switched to AMD on the 14th, changed my PSU on the 2nd of November when the other one went out of stock (now the new one is greyed out in the configurator, but eh), and finally switched to the 5950 CPU on the 5th. I won't be changing anything else unless something goes out of stock again and would delay my order until after Christmas.

All of it was paid with a debit card so it was processed quickly and without any problems. Not sure how they deal with amendments via finance though.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I also emailed them to change from intel build to the zen3 AMD on their launch day, got a response that they're "working on changing it for me" and just got a sub-order just like Voeille said, but i'm waiting on a 3080 strix ordered on 12th of October so I suppose I'm not really making my order late by changing to 5900X. They actually accidentally changed the motherboard to a TUF instead of ROG STRIX that I requested and randomly added a wifi card for me that I don't need, must be hard on them with all of us requesting info and changes non stop :D , but all is well, I can just change it myself now. Still awaiting confirmation if that resets my GPU virtual queue in any way, but live chat said it should be possible to change intel to amd without interfering with the gpu stuff.
damn you guys seem to have no issue with the chat but i have this constant "no operator available" for the past week or so (chrome, firefox, tor, edge, iphone, android.... same everywhere)
And no answer to my email since the 3rd of november....
do you have to subscribe to some premium so the customer support is available ?

xKMet

I've paid through finance and was told by PCS that i wouldn't be able to change my platform and CPU without 'reapplying altogether' which would therefore mean joining the back of the queue. I'm not even sure what it would mean with regards to my deposit/contract with Hitachi capital etc.

I had advised i was happy to pay the additional for my amendment's, in any case I'm sticking with what i have now, it is however frustrating you seem to be advised different things depending on who you speak too.

kozuki

Enthusiast
damn you guys seem to have no issue with the chat but i have this constant "no operator available" for the past week or so (chrome, firefox, tor, edge, iphone, android.... same everywhere)
And no answer to my email since the 3rd of november....
do you have to subscribe to some premium so the customer support is available ?
I basically just spammed live chat until I got put into a queue for that, and I used the inbox within the account selecting "amend an order" when messaging them, got a response 1 working day later, I could see it was quite simplified and rushed, but it got me what I needed in the end. Oh and I'm using chrome for the livechat, it somehow disappears when clicked once, so just refresh any page where the bar appears and try again

kozuki

Enthusiast
I've paid through finance and was told by PCS that i wouldn't be able to change my platform and CPU without 'reapplying altogether' which would therefore mean joining the back of the queue. I'm not even sure what it would mean with regards to my deposit/contract with Hitachi capital etc.

I had advised i was happy to pay the additional for my amendment's, in any case I'm sticking with what i have now, it is however frustrating you seem to be advised different things depending on who you speak too.
Must be the finance thing, I used 2 different cards now with all the amendments I made, but it was instant and no problems encountered. Maybe they can figure something out for you