RTX 3080

kozuki

Enthusiast
any of you guys waiting for a 3080 strix ?
yup, ordered on 12th Oct. Most likely not coming any sooner than december I'd guess. When I asked about the 850W psu shortage (that's due to come in back to stock late Nov), they said most likely the psu is going to come first

Furgiar

Hey all, new forumite(? is that even a word) and stalker of this thread for a while now. Ordered mine on the 21st of September. Got hooked in by the Fusion Extreme, even though at first on the 17th I was going to hold out :).

No sign of mine either going out of Pre-production so I wouldn't say they were finished with the September builds.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Yep. 17th October order date here
17th at 5h30pm here
i also ordered the rmx 1000w. actually out of stock but hoping they reserved a part for my order.
id be pretty pissed if the psu that was available when i submitted the order was the part actually delaying it.
38 pre prod days are already way too much

scarpa1

Enthusiast
17th at 5h30pm here
i also ordered the rmx 1000w. actually out of stock but hoping they reserved a part for my order.
id be pretty pissed if the psu that was available when i submitted the order was the part actually delaying it.
38 pre prod days are already way too much
What was your original order from the 17th? Because if you go back to page 40 of this thread I quoted a post of yours which said your amended the order to a Strix on the 13th October.
Not sure how the queue works but if you did then maybe you are behind anyone who ordered a strix before the 13th?
No idea though, just a thought.

yossarian01603

What was your original order from the 17th? Because if you go back to page 40 of this thread I quoted a post of yours which said your amended the order to a Strix on the 13th October.
Not sure how the queue works but if you did then maybe you are behind anyone who ordered a strix before the 13th?
No idea though, just a thought.
Who knows. Have seen conflicting things in this thread alone about whether there are graphics card queues or whether its based solely on the build date. You would assume the latter but who knows. Again, not quite sure what I would do with that information if I did know!

I think this thread existing and being around 1000 posts is a testament to the fact PCS are probably not doing enough to give information about the queue (that and the extraordinarily long wait times every day on their phone line). I would question their approach to be honest, I expect whatever they gain from keeping all of this stuff shielded from the customer is cancelled out by the overhead of managing all those unnecessary calls answering the same questions over and over.

However, it is what it is, and I think we're about as informed on page 49 as people were when the pages were in single digits!! We're in an unprecedented situation in fairness to them, and they are still getting people's builds out slowly in spite of that. Continuing patience is the key :)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I ordered a Rog Strix 3080 on October 7th at 9am, cancelled it (got a 3070 elsewhere) and upgraded to the 5900X cpu on November 5th at 2pm.

No idea where that places me in the queue system tbh, I'd hope those that ordered the CPU were prioritized in the order they were received (so someone waiting on a 3080 for 30 odd days that changes their order now doesn't jump the queue) but I'm skeptical if that is the case.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I got the info from a chat advisor, so we dont even know if it's true (im not even sure pcs knows how his own system works at this point)
info > as long as you amend, you keep your place in the queue.
so as said @yossarian01603 > based on the time and date of order.

> if you try to amend an order, you see that some rtx 30xx are in stock, but attributed to existing orders.
I can not see what the status is for strix 3080 so that's why i was asking if anyone had the info :)

skril

Bronze Level Poster
I heard most of people have no chance before february march next year to get this, no rtx on market and wont be change till next year. I know sick

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I heard most of people have no chance before february march next year to get this, no rtx on market and wont be change till next year. I know sick
all other retailers receive weekly deliveries and the rate of there orders is going pretty well.
i'd be impressed if an order i passed on launch day was delayed until february.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
And I can understand that. But if someone else was waiting for the PSU that was allocated to you there would be two customers waiting. But if PCS put your PSU in their build then there's only one customer waiting.

I know that doesn't help you personally at all but in the big scheme of things it's a better option.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
just refreshed a few french online retailers > seems to have batches of rtx 70/80/90 coming in.
i was able to add some to the cart (didnt finalized the deal as im counting on pcs).
it might be a sign that batches are coming to UK soon as well ;)