RTX 3080

Mine has arrived this morning.
3080 strix OC version, 75% of the card hasn't been used with it being in a liquid series build, thought they had sent me another 3080 when I opened the box:D
It must look huge when all of it is used.

Very well packaged and the PC looks stunning.
I havent turned it on yet as it arrived very cold and with a good amount of condensation inside the case.
Will I be best leaving it a number of hours, maybe even until tomorrow before turning on? I have dabbed the worst bits off.
Other than that the build looks flawless to the eye, the build guy did a cracking job.
Once I have it all connected up I will post some pics.
Kind of dumb question what is the OC version?

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Sorry for the Dumb question i've ordered mine on 18th november guess i got a very long wait
No problem. Unfortunately it may be longer wait then the regular 3080 cards (Palit, Zotac and Gigabyte varieties) but it looks like more of them coming steadily on the way.

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I spoke to them on chat earlier and was told the next delivery of 3080 aren't due until December. I hope that is wrong.
I hope it’s wrong as well, as was hoping to get this before Christmas. I knew it would be long as didn’t order till October 15th but was still hoping for before christmas

yossarian01603

I think I said it back several pages ago for those despairing about your 3080 orders - you don't necessarily have to wait for PCS to get one in stock. You could sign up to Discord, and register to channels doing stock alerts specifically for 3080 cards. Just make sure you register your details with the relevant retailers (currys, novatech, amazon etc etc), keep yourself signed in to them and when a stock alert comes up through Discord pounce on it immediately and go through the checkout process. They are coming into stock nearly every week day, you just have to be really quick. Once you get your card, you can then de-scope the 3080 from your PCS build.

I did exactly this and I'm expecting my PC to arrive within the next couple of days (my original order was mid-October)

If you WFH this is a really viable option for you, though I appreciate probably not if you have to go on-site. If you do WFH though, waiting in the invisible 3080 PCS queue is a choice as opposed to a necessity in my view. Discord stock alerts are super easy to set up as well.

Hope this helps!

kiebla

Are you waiting on the nvidia RTX 3080 and when did you order? I feel like there not answering my questions and instead just saying ‘we have “some” orders to fulfil from September’ like what’s “some”
Hi Amiwood18, Yeah I'm waiting on the NVIDIA RTX 3080 haha, have been for over 45 days now 22/09/20 haha, many of us are feeling it I think. after each email I sent them they said, there no update at all, I stopped emailing them as chasers don't help them. There last email which was around day day 24 they said no guarantee for Christmas delivery. Has anyone had a Nvidia RTX 380 since 20th or over had one yet is what I like to know?

1606221703272.png

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Amiwood18, Yeah I'm waiting on the NVIDIA RTX 3080 haha, have been for over 45 days now 22/09/20 haha, many of us are feeling it I think. after each email I sent them they said, there no update at all, I stopped emailing them as chasers don't help them. There last email which was around day day 24 they said no guarantee for Christmas delivery. Has anyone had a Nvidia RTX 380 since 20th or over had one yet is what I like to know?

View attachment 19870
Yeah I think it’s just annoying how they’ve been telling me since before I ordered that they were only oversold by a ‘couple’ and that they only have ‘some’ orders from September left to fulfil yet they told me a couple of weeks ago that they’d finished the September orders. I was just hoping it would be in for before Christmas but I’m doubting it

kiebla

Yeah I think it’s just annoying how they’ve been telling me since before I ordered that they were only oversold by a ‘couple’ and that they only have ‘some’ orders from September left to fulfil yet they told me a couple of weeks ago that they’d finished the September orders. I was just hoping it would be in for before Christmas but I’m doubting it
Have hope now bud, just this morning says Building will keep you posted haha.

kiebla

Hmmm interesting, I ordered standard on the 20th and still in pre production. I have asked on several occasions including this Monday if anything else was out of stock and was told no. Dont understand why mine would still be in pre production.
what else part wise do you have?