RTX 3080

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Update for all of you patiently waiting. I ordered on 4th November, it was 22 days in production and today I received an email to say it was in build 🥳
Ryzen 9 5950 and a standard RTX3080. So fingers crossed some of you also get a build email today 🤞
No way?! I’m on nearly 40 pre production days, have all the other parts in stock and someone who has ordered after me gets put into building first? That doesn’t make any sense

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
No way?! I’m on nearly 40 pre production days, have all the other parts in stock and someone who has ordered after me gets put into building first? That doesn’t make any sense
will depend on the parts and some paid the extra build time

Assassin

My first post here in around 8 years - although I've often lurked.

Appreciate the updates from everybody - I spent a while in the phone queue to ask if simply getting a CPU with a lesser graphics card that's available would speed it up, as 5900x seemed to be in stock recently. But he said that he doesn't expect the CPU's to come in much faster than the GPUs (which would be by end of January realistically). That's all he said, so I'm not sure if I can read into that greatly. Customer service seems really abrupt with the replies. So now I'm unsure whether I should cancel the GPU or if it's both a lack of CPU/GPU.

Comments here have me quite worried as if I should cancel the whole thing!

Illidanstormraging

Yup I've seen people that ordered the 5900x after me go into building and yet when I contact them they say I'm waiting on the 5900x and 6800xt? 22 working days with no update whatsoever. Patience growing thin

AnthWolf

I wasn't planning on chasing my order for another week but with people getting an idea of where they were in the queue, I figured I'd try the Live Chat and see what response I got.

All they could tell me was that my GPU, the standard RTX 3080 was the shortage initially but when asked directly if I could get a queue position I am 703th out of 1356 right now. My order was placed on the 30-10 and hasn't been amended during that time.

Guessing it'll be at least 3 weeks, so figure I'll wait, impatiently, 'til the 21st and ask again if I'm not contacted prior or see it going into Building.

xKMet

I wasn't planning on chasing my order for another week but with people getting an idea of where they were in the queue, I figured I'd try the Live Chat and see what response I got.

All they could tell me was that my GPU, the standard RTX 3080 was the shortage initially but when asked directly if I could get a queue position I am 703th out of 1356 right now. My order was placed on the 30-10 and hasn't been amended during that time.

Guessing it'll be at least 3 weeks, so figure I'll wait, impatiently, 'til the 21st and ask again if I'm not contacted prior or see it going into Building.
I spoke to them on Monday and was 191st of 1401, so if they're at 1356 it suggests they've had 45 available for builds this week as well as another 45 for the business order (obviously this isn't fact I'm just guessing).

I'm at a point now where when it arrives it arrives, don't set yourself on any particular time/date there are too many variables involved. It will be worth the wait (y)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm at a point now where when it arrives it arrives, don't set yourself on any particular time/date there are too many variables involved. It will be worth the wait (y)
This is excellent advice. I understand the desire to know how your build is going, but a watched pot never boils and a picked scab never heals. These variable and unknown delays would test the patience of a saint, but patience is the only positive weapon that you have. It will be worth the wait. :)

theshizit

45 working days, pre-production, 3080 strix, i9-10900K, CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
I have been following this thread for a while now and from all the info i have seen kindly posted by others I have absolutely no idea when it will go into building stage, I have pretty much lost all hope of getting this before xmas. I appreciate the fact that this situation is completely out of PCS`s control but i feel that a little more communication would be appreciated by all that are waiting. I have noticed that on the forums of Overclockers they seem to be posting regular updates on components received, something along those lines might go a long way into helping people get some sort of idea of the situation even if it is a quick post once a week. Maybe its a silly idea, dunno, just a thought.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I'm 55 days in, after getting told on chat that I was going to go into build on the 16th Nov, still no end in sight, to make matters worse I ordered a PC for the boys xmas a week ago (guaranteed xmas delivery and all that....all parts in stock as didn't include a 3080) and received an email today saying it was due to go into build on the 21st!!!! Waiting in the queue on the phone now, I wonder how they will build, test and deliver to Scottish Highlands by 24th????

Assassin

45 working days, pre-production, 3080 strix, i9-10900K, CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
I have been following this thread for a while now and from all the info i have seen kindly posted by others I have absolutely no idea when it will go into building stage, I have pretty much lost all hope of getting this before xmas. I appreciate the fact that this situation is completely out of PCS`s control but i feel that a little more communication would be appreciated by all that are waiting. I have noticed that on the forums of Overclockers they seem to be posting regular updates on components received, something along those lines might go a long way into helping people get some sort of idea of the situation even if it is a quick post once a week. Maybe its a silly idea, dunno, just a thought.

I had the same idea - I'm not sure if we can mention competitors but the two main ones post updates to their forums or give more communication on queue time at least. But 3080 Strix is ridiculous - there literally hasn't been any update to Europe at the very least whereas the other aftermarket cards (and the FE!) all have been getting some stock.

theshizit

I had the same idea - I'm not sure if we can mention competitors but the two main ones post updates to their forums or give more communication on queue time at least. But 3080 Strix is ridiculous - there literally hasn't been any update to Europe at the very least whereas the other aftermarket cards (and the FE!) all have been getting some stock.
I do often wonder why the strix cards are so rare, maybe the scalpers/miners got to them first. I am still in two minds as to whether to try switching to a standard 3080, don`t really want to wait until maybe February.... damn my impatientnessnuss :)

Gavras

Master Poster
Apparently im 855th in a queue of 1361 people!! - ordered 05.11.20.

i recently was requested to change my PSU due to stock shortages so i swapped the 850w to 1000w... will this have changed my position in the queue??? as if it has i will be extremely annoyed as this was done purely to speed up my order not to delay it.

i have also been told by Live chat - verbatim ""There are multiple orders for many GPUs at same order....for instance unique order considering 45 GPUs 3080. And I counted 45 units in one order."

Why on earth are PCS allowing orders of 45 units in one order???????

i am extremely close to cancelling my order i cannot comprehend how annoyed i am with this live chat this morning.
A lot depends on context and how orders are defined on their system, which in turn relies on the chat customer support knowing this as well.

If one PO for 45 PC’s then yes, One order will have 45 units against it, for example an order for Curry’s.

the PO may even be against one name (not always the company, it may be the buyers name).

the result can be Fred Blogs with an order of 45 units.

Gavras

Master Poster
I do often wonder why the strix cards are so rare, maybe the scalpers/miners got to them first. I am still in two minds as to whether to try switching to a standard 3080, don`t really want to wait until maybe February.... damn my impatientnessnuss :)
I would hazard a guess it’s down to MLCC shortages (And some other substrates).

cards either use all Poscaps, or a mix of MLCC and POSCAPS.

Strix however uses all MLCC, of which there is a global shortage of.

(types of capacitors).

long term it will be interesting to see how an all POSCAP card stands up to an all MLCC card.

skewball

Silver Level Poster
I'm 55 days in, after getting told on chat that I was going to go into build on the 16th Nov, still no end in sight, to make matters worse I ordered a PC for the boys xmas a week ago (guaranteed xmas delivery and all that....all parts in stock as didn't include a 3080) and received an email today saying it was due to go into build on the 21st!!!! Waiting in the queue on the phone now, I wonder how they will build, test and deliver to Scottish Highlands by 24th????
I would be interested if you discovered anything with regards the two xmas builds. I was told yesterday to ignore those emails (which has been said on here frequently) and that they are still guaranteeing xmas delivery for anyone who ordered (and who didn't pick a part that said it's not available yet- pre order etc) . There is however a chance you may have to switch a component when the parts are actually picked, but you will be told. Had a good chat about the process in general. Very informative and I felt relaxed about it after, despite ordering a PC for xmas for which I had an email saying it will be built on 28th Dec... lol

Dannyjw

Could there be anything in mine other than the 3080 that could be causing a delay?

Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME Z490-P (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Could there be anything in mine other than the 3080 that could be causing a delay?

Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME Z490-P (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Some PSUs are on back order as well, and someone earlier in the thread said that getting a key for Windows had delayed his build - but really it could be anything