RTX 3080

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
I'm considering dropping the 3080 to get the computer sooner. Can anyone recommend an available graphics card (either from PCS or elsewhere) that would do the job for now? Paired with an ultrawide monitor, probably Samsung Odyssey.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
To push the Odyssey spec wise you want the 3080 (if it's the 240hz option). However, for a visual experience the 3070 more than has you covered and should comfortably manage 100fps+ in every scenario.

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
3070 seems to be out as well for the moment. Currys say they have the Vision, then when you put in a postcode it says not available for delivery of collection.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I’m quite lucky I’ve been working most nights to take my mind off the wait and that will continue through January.

Haven’t been happy with the lack of information or misleading information from PCS. Was told 2 weeks ago that my computer would go into build the following day, still waiting...
Yeah the lack of info has been tedious to say the least. Different story from every person very annoying!!

I was told the same 3 weeks ago, but surprise surprise nothing since!!

My main concern at moment is I ordered a PC for the boy, guaranteed xmas delivery, and its been in pre-production now 15 days, in order for it to get here for xmas it needs to be dispatched by the 22nd very latest (highlands of Scotland) so today, tomorrow and Monday!!! Not feeling confident at all

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Seniors club. Love it! Do you have a funny handshake? :ROFLMAO:
I've got a funny handshake - one of the downsides to being left-handed!
359ce83db3e3ac0e26aafe066f4f05dd.gif

bob2083

Sorry if I sound stupid . Is there much of a difference between the 3090 rog strix card and the others ?
I initially went for the rog but after hearing its next to impossible getting one chose a normal 3090 instead

kozuki

Enthusiast
48 days, standard 3080 + 5900X, just got this response from PCS:
"After checking on the system, I can say you have lot of pre order items, so mostly like it will be after New year."
I guess 2 pre-order items are a lot these days :(

ArtifaX

I had a chat with PCS a week ago (order from 20th of Nov) and i had 5600x and 3070, both pre-order (and not the after Christmas option). The guy told me i should not expect my machine b4 end of Jan.. so i guess any order with 5xxx CPU and RTX3xxx/ RX6xxx GPU after November is bound for at least 2 month wait.
I'd be looking for other options for custom PC or getting GPU separately if time is of essence.

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
So, my 5900x doesn't say pre-order on it currently. Does that mean they have the stock and if I dump the 3080 I'll get the system fairly soon?

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
So, my 5900x doesn't say pre-order on it currently. Does that mean they have the stock and if I dump the 3080 I'll get the system fairly soon?
Mines still says Pre-Order for the 5900x and 3080, 64 days in and I had a little hope there, but as per it was dashed quickly

Prime

Sorry if I sound stupid . Is there much of a difference between the 3090 rog strix card and the others ?
I initially went for the rog but after hearing its next to impossible getting one chose a normal 3090 instead
The ASUS Strix card is the "performance" option. It has a higher base and boost clock, higher power limit and better cooling. V. good for overclocking but if you're not to interested in that then go with the X-Brand option.
Gaming benchmarks tend to have them all the same anyway, as I said it's more about cooling and clocking when looking at differences

ArtifaX

I had a chat with PCS a week ago (order from 20th of Nov) and i had 5600x and 3070, both pre-order (and not the after Christmas option). The guy told me i should not expect my machine b4 end of Jan.. so i guess any order with 5xxx CPU and RTX3xxx/ RX6xxx GPU after November is bound for at least 2 month wait.
I'd be looking for other options for custom PC or getting GPU separately if time is of essence.
Know what, ignore my post... Just got an email its being assembled.. 5800x with rtx3070