RTX 3080

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Seems like there's quite a bit of movement for a few people today which is really good to see! (y)
I'm enjoying seeing all the movement as many are that bit closer to getting their orders fulfilled. Still hoping to see the last bit of movement my order needs today, but I guess that's in DPD's hands now. I'm getting a lil antsy given how close I am...

Capture.JPG

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
I’m quite lucky I’ve been working most nights to take my mind off the wait and that will continue through January.

Haven’t been happy with the lack of information or misleading information from PCS. Was told 2 weeks ago that my computer would go into build the following day, still waiting...
Have you called them/contacted them?

Bbl

Seen a few 3080 cards on places like fb marketplace for around the £750-800 mark. Tempted to look at it more but dont feel safe handed over that much money to a stranger to wait for an item to be delivered.
Anybody gone down that road or tempted themselves?

doof

Seen a few 3080 cards on places like fb marketplace for around the £750-800 mark. Tempted to look at it more but dont feel safe handed over that much money to a stranger to wait for an item to be delivered.
Nah. This isn't a vital item for me, so I don't mind waiting.

AnthWolf

A couple of weeks ago I shopped around a little, put myself on a "notify me later" list on a few sites, I think I got a bit antsy, eager around the time Cyberpunk 2077 was due to release.

But in the end I've had a couple of fully built desktop PCs by PCS over the years and while getting my new desktop sooner would be better, I'll look forward to it coming when it eventually does.

In truth, if you found a RTX 3080 on overclockers.co.uk that suited you, or from a similarly official webstore I'd happily encourage you but as you say, using eBay or Facebook Marketplace is always a risk with your money. I'm unsure what buyer protections the FB Marketplace has, least eBay there's be a chance to get your money but if it was a scam.

Reactions: Bbl

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I kinda decided I was happy to pay upto £700 if I had to, and so bid on a couple on ebay, but the bid was £800+ within minutes, so I never came close to winning one.

Bbl

A couple of weeks ago I shopped around a little, put myself on a "notify me later" list on a few sites, I think I got a bit antsy, eager around the time Cyberpunk 2077 was due to release.

But in the end I've had a couple of fully built desktop PCs by PCS over the years and while getting my new desktop sooner would be better, I'll look forward to it coming when it eventually does.

In truth, if you found a RTX 3080 on overclockers.co.uk that suited you, or from a similarly official webstore I'd happily encourage you but as you say, using eBay or Facebook Marketplace is always a risk with your money. I'm unsure what buyer protections the FB Marketplace has, least eBay there's be a chance to get your money but if it was a scam.
Thats what scares me. Handing over that much money to somebody and waiting for them to send it through the post.
Looks like I'm in for a long wait 😏

AnthWolf

Thats what scares me. Handing over that much money to somebody and waiting for them to send it through the post.
Looks like I'm in for a long wait 😏

Aye, the RTX 3080, regardless of which brand, will be the final awaited item.

From what I'm seeing from other people posting, it's approx. 2-2½ month wait but that's just in general because that could shift if a large shipment of GPUs suddenly turned up, or alternatively and scarily if the opposite was true and they just turned up in single digits like what has been seen with the ROG Strix Variant.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Yes I have called them and to be honest there is no point as it’s a different story each time. Come Sunday I will have waited 3 months for my order.
We are in the exact same position, tbh I’ve given up even contacting them now as like you say every time it’s a different reason/story/carrot.

Jamie even called to explain what was happening and that to be so long in the waiting wasn’t right etc etc and he was going to prioritise my order, and that I would probably go into build the following week, if I was happy to change my 3080 from strix to get then either a ZOTAC or gigabyte, so I said aye, anything that gets me my PC.

That was 17 days ago, ive since been disconnected from phone 2 times, and one of the disconnects I was in position 2 (started at 20) and I’ve sent emails, which recently hasn’t even been answered and that’s nearly a week since last email!!

It’s tiring now, I’ll wait for my build but will not use PCS again

Sorry for the rant reply to your post

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
We are in the exact same position, tbh I’ve given up even contacting them now as like you say every time it’s a different reason/story/carrot.

Jamie even called to explain what was happening and that to be so long in the waiting wasn’t right etc etc and he was going to prioritise my order, and that I would probably go into build the following week, if I was happy to change my 3080 from strix to get then either a ZOTAC or gigabyte, so I said aye, anything that gets me my PC.

That was 17 days ago, ive since been disconnected from phone 2 times, and one of the disconnects I was in position 2 (started at 20) and I’ve sent emails, which recently hasn’t even been answered and that’s nearly a week since last email!!

No worries, to be honest I think we feel the very same way!

I tried the chat function earlier today and PCS left the chat after not responding to me for 6 minutes.

This is my second purchase from PCS, previously bought a Vortex IV in January 2014. Yes it is a great laptop and we’re in an unfortunate situation right now with many components - but the lack of communication and now being fobbed off does not sit well with me.

I would say I’ve been pretty patient for the most part, but not having my own computer since end of October is causing a lot of problems now. I was happy to be without a computer for a few weeks but not months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor M

I'm enjoying seeing all the movement as many are that bit closer to getting their orders fulfilled. Still hoping to see the last bit of movement my order needs today, but I guess that's in DPD's hands now. I'm getting a lil antsy given how close I am...

View attachment 20438
Here

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core CPU (3.1GHz-4.3GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
Processed Date > 06-10-2020
Pre-Production Date > 09-10-2020
Pre-Production> 54 working days

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
Processed Date > 05-11-2020
Pre-Production Date > 05-11-2020
Pre-Production> 31 working days

still looks like roughly a 5 week wait from here on out for me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Can you PM me your build details, when you ordered and anything you’ve been advised in calls/emails? I’ll forward it to customer services manager and see if we can get anything sorted. Can’t promise anything but we’ll try.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Can you PM me your build details, when you ordered and anything you’ve been advised in calls/emails? I’ll forward it to customer services manager and see if we can get anything sorted. Can’t promise anything but we’ll try.
Thus may be a stupid question but the PM, Is that the start conversation part??