RTX 3080

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been keeping track of this thread since before I ordered my build in November, so I was estimating a January arrival when I ordered it.

Now I'm thinking it's more likely to be mid-February. A shame that I'll miss out on the three promotional games I could have gotten, yet I'm sure I'll be too smitten by the performance to dwell on those missed promotions.

I still have Half-Life: Alyx ready to try when it arrives. I just need to sort out a good 'traditional' game to also try out upon its arrival.
I can’t wait to try Half Life: Alyx, but holding off for a system upgrade. Looks amazing!

It's sad to see people who ordered an entire month before me are only just getting their systems. I'm in for a long wait I am already not able to bare much longer. at 35 working days, and fear it will reach 60+ before I get my order. 😔 Wish I did more reading up on the 3080 issues before ordering... I naively knew nothing about the stock issues and assumed I would get my order in a few weeks... how foolish of me!
I'm the same ref. not knowing about stock issues :( I haven't been a PC gamer for about 5 years and have played solely on console. I missed PC gaming so thought I'd go and treat myself to an early birthday present (end of January)...and if I'm going PC, I want it to be able to play everything with ease. I stupidly didn't think to check stock on anything before placing the order...I'm currently at 4 working days (plus obviously yesterday - Saturday). I am literally the least patient person you'll ever meet - I wonder if i'll get mine by March or not lol

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just seen that Nvidia have signed a contract with Samsung Foundry for them to continue to manufacture for them, and for Samsung to increase capacity to meet the RTX30 series demand! This could potentially be great news for all of us that have ordered one! Watch this space!
Samsung have always made the 3000 series chips, that's one of the reasons it's in such short supply. They're not really up to the task.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Samsung have always made the 3000 series chips, that's one of the reasons it's in such short supply. They're not really up to the task.
If Nvidia have signed a new contract, or expanded their existing contract, with Samsung, that's a bad move in my view. There'd been whispers for a while that Nvidia were going back to TSMC for a 3000 series reboot (had been rumoured possibly the 3080Ti might have been TSMC), but it seems they were nothing more than rumours.

Gavras

Master Poster
If Nvidia have signed a new contract, or expanded their existing contract, with Samsung, that's a bad move in my view. There'd been whispers for a while that Nvidia were going back to TSMC for a 3000 series reboot (had been rumoured possibly the 3080Ti might have been TSMC), but it seems they were nothing more than rumours.
Yep, NVIDIA were looking at a more balanced split, however TSMC recently updated its production contracts with a number of large organisations, Sony, AMD etc, I would hazard a guess that to make space for everyone else using TSMC, they suggested that NVIDIA do one.

Also irrespective of Samsung contract (which sort of underlines the above thinking), there is a critical global shortage of components, substrates etc etc.

made up values follow, only for examples.

if the global output of MLCC was 10 billion units, and the global consumption was 15 billion and lead time was 50 weeks, you can clearly see how no matter which graphics cards companies sign contracts or increase production, there is a finite basic resource.

The number of components used in a PC, is a drop in ocean when compared to say a Tesla, which in turn is a drop in ocean compared to automation in vehicles (involved in that and it’s really ramping up).

Also commercial orders will be behind orders for medical, government etc, so even if Nvidia (and other manufacturers) gets components, they need to prioritise what product they assign parts to.

Mercedes, Audi etc or someone waiting for a 3080....

Gavras

Master Poster
Is this tier 4 stuff going to effect waiting times even more? I’m at 48 working days😤
Yes, and No deal Brexit even more so.

That and shortage of ISO Containers.

The latter is in critical short supply, meaning globally goods cannot ship from Asia or specifically major Asian Ports or even the Silk Road.

No one wants to air freight unless really necessary and there is limited exposure to internal costs (or they get passed on to customer).

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I think your protective spell has worked @AgentCooper - was originally told tomorrow... :love:

Capture.JPG

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I'm the same ref. not knowing about stock issues :( I haven't been a PC gamer for about 5 years and have played solely on console. I missed PC gaming so thought I'd go and treat myself to an early birthday present (end of January)...and if I'm going PC, I want it to be able to play everything with ease. I stupidly didn't think to check stock on anything before placing the order...I'm currently at 4 working days (plus obviously yesterday - Saturday). I am literally the least patient person you'll ever meet - I wonder if i'll get mine by March or not lol

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
Dude change the cpu to a 5900x and get the 980 M2 ssd in there.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have you got it now? Would like to see it😌
My desk wasn't actually ready (I'm not a tidy person!) as I was expecting it to come tomorrow, so it has arrived - the box is currently sat on my bed while I clear a space and run through the last checks that I've transferred everything I'll need off this laptop. Hoping to be set up in the next couple of hours.