RTX 3080

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
While I’m pleased for you, I’m now more annoyed.

I placed my order on 29-09-2020 at 12:45 (regular 3080), and was told on the phone minutes before you posted that there was no stock of 3080’s.

@SpyderTracks @Ghosthud what’s the best way to escalate this? I appreciate the stock shortages and pandemic, but this seems ridiculous. Phoning seems to be getting me nowhere either 😔
You'd need to speak to customer services.

kozuki

Enthusiast
I completely understand your frustration in this one, I’m 12/10 so seeing the 3rd getting built has me hopeful for next batch, I do not understand how that has been built before yous.
Im would expect you to get it soon.
since i'm 12th of Oct as well, it will be interesting if we both get our build status on the same day, since theoretically our CPU's should be allocated as I can see others getting builds with the same CPU who ordered much later. Yours is the 10900K?

Masty

since i'm 12th of Oct as well, it will be interesting if we both get our build status on the same day, since theoretically our CPU's should be allocated as I can see others getting builds with the same CPU who ordered much later. Yours is the 10900K?
Yeah 10900k aswell I suppose we should be early Jan

ConnorM

I got a 10900k in mine and ordered 2 days after you, will update you if anything happens

kozuki

Enthusiast
Yeah 10900k aswell I suppose we should be early Jan
I got a 10900k in mine and ordered 2 days after you, will update you if anything happens
mine is a 5900X, but people with orders from November are getting their builds, so that's why I suppose mine should be allocated already, otherwise if I keep waiting for a simultaneous delivery of 3080 and 5900X at the same time, I will receive my build in the far far future

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
mine is a 5900X, but people with orders from November are getting their builds, so that's why I suppose mine should be allocated already, otherwise if I keep waiting for a simultaneous delivery of 3080 and 5900X at the same time, I will receive my build in the far far future
This is the point I've stressed before.
PCS should be prioritising the older builds more than they currently are doing.
In my opinion they should be allocating Zen 3 CPU's to all of the oldest builds so that when they get the GPU's in for those orders it would go straight into building, rather than the CPU now being out of stock so the GPU's go to other PC's that were ordered more recently.
I've seen a few examples of people posting that their Zen 3 CPU builds they placed in late-November/early-December going in to building while other people are waiting 2+ months, but because their CPU/GPU didn't come in to stock at the same time then they are kept waiting.

Just to be clear; I'm just talking about the Zen 3 builds that are near the top of the list to get the GPU.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is the point I've stressed before.
PCS should be prioritising the older builds more than they currently are doing.
In my opinion they should be allocating Zen 3 CPU's to all of the oldest builds so that when they get the GPU's in for those orders it would go straight into building, rather than the CPU now being out of stock so the GPU's go to other PC's that were ordered more recently.
I've seen a few examples of people posting that their Zen 3 CPU builds they placed in late-November/early-December going in to building while other people are waiting 2+ months, but because their CPU/GPU didn't come in to stock at the same time then they are kept waiting.

Just to be clear; I'm just talking about the Zen 3 builds that are near the top of the list to get the GPU.
If you think that PCS should be doing things differently please email your suggestions to [email protected]

Masty

i ordered a 10900k in my build, ordered on the 15th of October but removed the graphics card yesterday and it went into building a couple hours later so they must already be allocated
Yeah i would think so, i think they are also just prioritising the orders that do not include a 3080, as per the guaranteed Christmas delivery. We i haven't had any responses to my emails, but heres hoping for a Christmas miracle once again :D, Going to give them a phone tomorrow just to see whats happening if there are any deliveries planned for the near future.

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Is this actually true?
It may be true seeing as how other places suddenly got a bunch of NON-Founders edition 3090's.

If they were FE or ROG's I'd have switched. But I really don't want the non FE AIB's.
Additionally, I'm not certain it's been fixed or not, but some AIB distributors have capacitor issues that I KNOW FE's and ROG-Strix's do not have. (I've been binging a bunch of tech channels and found this out a month ago.)

P.S. This doesn't mean every AIB manufacturer has these issues. and to reiterate, I am unaware if the issues were already solved anyway.

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah i would think so, i think they are also just prioritising the orders that do not include a 3080, as per the guaranteed Christmas delivery. We i haven't had any responses to my emails, but heres hoping for a Christmas miracle once again :D, Going to give them a phone tomorrow just to see whats happening if there are any deliveries planned for the near future.
Fingers crossed for you, it’s been such a long wait!! I’m now going to have my graphics card in before the pc... what a turn of events 😂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It may be true seeing as how other places suddenly got a bunch of NON-Founders edition 3090's.

If they were FE or ROG's I'd have switched. But I really don't want the non FE AIB's.
Additionally, I'm not certain it's been fixed or not, but some AIB distributors have capacitor issues that I KNOW FE's and ROG-Strix's do not have. (I've been binging a bunch of tech channels and found this out a month ago.)

P.S. This doesn't mean every AIB manufacturer has these issues. and to reiterate, I am unaware if the issues were already solved anyway.
Just to clarify it's not every AIB model that has the cheaper capacitor design, there's a list of affected products here:

And furthermore, it's only affected if the card is manually overclocked above 2GHz which they aren't designed to do and they issued a driver update to prevent auto overclocking above that, so unless you're manually overclocking, it wouldn't affect you.

Croupier

I just got off the phone with a very helpful guy (didn't catch his name) but I enquired about switching my ROG STRIX 3080 to a 3090 and he told me that they had MSI 3090 cards in stock so I've now switched. Apparently it's only my 5950x in my build that is holding me up but apparently they are due a shipment next week for that chip. He said as soon as the chips came in my PC would go into build! Things are certainly looking up.

Thank you to whoever I spoke to you were very helpful!

Merry Christmas to all of you here waiting for PC's and to the Moderators!

(Order placed 07/11 - 33 working days)

AnthWolf

I just got off the phone with a very helpful guy (didn't catch his name) but I enquired about switching my ROG STRIX 3080 to a 3090 and he told me that they had MSI 3090 cards in stock so I've now switched. Apparently it's only my 5950x in my build that is holding me up but apparently they are due a shipment next week for that chip. He said as soon as the chips came in my PC would go into build! Things are certainly looking up.

Thank you to whoever I spoke to you were very helpful!

Merry Christmas to all of you here waiting for PC's and to the Moderators!

(Order placed 07/11 - 33 working days)
Quite interesting information to have on hand. While I have been patient for the 3080, if there happens to be any MSI 3090 instock and on hand, while more expensive I may be willing to indulge in that extra cost.

Probably have a chat with PCS in the morning and see what can be sorted out.

Merry Xmas to you as well, Croupier!

Reactions: R1Z

R1Z

Quite interesting information to have on hand. While I have been patient for the 3080, if there happens to be any MSI 3090 instock and on hand, while more expensive I may be willing to indulge in that extra cost.

Probably have a chat with PCS in the morning and see what can be sorted out.

Merry Xmas to you as well, Croupier!
Yeah, me too dude. The wait is killing me 😂