RTX 3080

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
Great to see people finally getting their rigs. And then there’s me over here only 3 working days in waiting for my 3080.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Lets hope Nvidia pull their fingers out so the queue doesn’t get much bigger.
At least the Christmas panic is out of the way now. It's manic every year at this time. Hopefully things should improve in the new year - stock deliveries permitting of course. :)

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
depends on when you ordered, I am on 53 days now and looking forward to get into the next phases within next 1-2 weeks
I'm on 34 days, so a while to go yet. I'll call them after Christmas and see what the situation with the other parts is. Its a 5900x so if I'm also waiting for that I might as well continue to wait for the 3080.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Going to add, it’s actually an overclocked Gigabyte Vision GPU.
Glad to see you got your machine and 3080.

but a quick question. I know the 3080 are not "branded" so what is the difference between gigabyte, zotac etc. Are some better than others? If there is a difference surly it's so small it doesn't matter which one you get.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
At least the Christmas panic is out of the way now. It's manic every year at this time. Hopefully things should improve in the new year - stock deliveries permitting of course. :)
Yeah we'll still be at the mercy of Covid-19 as even with the vaccine that isn't going away any time soon

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
Glad to see you got your machine and 3080.

but a quick question. I know the 3080 are not "branded" so what is the difference between gigabyte, zotac etc. Are some better than others? If there is a difference surly it's so small it doesn't matter which one you get.
Typically just very minor differences but some brands and variants have better build quality and reliability than others.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
Well it was all going well...

I bought a Logitech G502 Lightspeed in September ready for the build, back then we didn’t know the situation with the GPUs.

The mouse doesn’t work 😭.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Nice, when did you order?
You really don't want to know lol

21/09/20 but started with Asus, then a month ago got advised by PCS to go standard, total time from order to dispatch 69 working days.

The G9 will now get used to its full abilities, at moment its stressing out the PS4 lol

Have a good Xmas

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
You really don't want to know lol

21/09/20 but started with Asus, then a month ago got advised by PCS to go standard, total time from order to dispatch 69 working days.

The G9 will now get used to its full abilities, at moment its stressing out the PS4 lol

Have a good Xmas
Thanks for the info, wanted to see how close I was getting lol I ordered standard 19th October surely I must be close now 😢 enjoy it !!

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the info, wanted to see how close I was getting lol I ordered standard 19th October surely I must be close now 😢 enjoy it !!
I hope so, maybe early to mid January, the standard seem to be coming in a little steadier in the last couple of weeks