RTX 3080

Dicarus

Anyone heard anything today?
Got a response to my email this morning saying they have around 280x 3090s in stock although that was before they have been allocated to builds since the start of the weekend.

Apparently all that’s holding my order up(3090 now and 5800x) is the CPU which apparently they’ve not been getting them in and the 5000 series is completely unavailable whereas they have stock for the 3000 series.

Masty

Got a response to my email this morning saying they have around 280x 3090s in stock although that was before they have been allocated to builds since the start of the weekend.

Apparently all that’s holding my order up(3090 now and 5800x) is the CPU which apparently they’ve not been getting them in and the 5000 series is completely unavailable whereas they have stock for the 3000 series.
i think next week could be the week that it happens for me

Dicarus

i think next week could be the week that it happens for me
Me too, or hopefully this week since I’ve seen the 5000 series seems readily available on some other sites(which makes me think PCS is due some), just don’t trust myself to install it or I’d just order one 😩

ConnorM

I was told on Thursday that mine would be dispatched today and it’s not even went into testing yet 🙃
Was told that mine would go into building today and it hasn’t yet, apparently I was 307 in the build queue and they build 250 pc’s a day

Gavras

Master Poster
Was told that mine would go into building today and it hasn’t yet, apparently I was 307 in the build queue and they build 250 pc’s a day
Those figures will be without any issues, everyone being in work etc.

just takes a run of problems to kick daily figures in to touch.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster

Don't you think the 3090 is poor value for money especially if it's for gaming? I paid about £180 extra on eBay for my Asus 3080 TUF which seemed like a better option to me (even though I did not enjoy feeding the scalpers).

Last edited:

Dicarus

Don't you think the 3090 is poor value for money through especially if it's for gaming? I paid about £180 extra on eBay for my Asus 3080 TUF which seemed like a better option to me (even though I did not enjoy feeding the scalpers).
It’s definitely overkill for what I intend to use it for, but at this point I’m in my third lockdown/furlough and my impulsiveness/boredom is getting the better of me.

I did also try the alert game waiting for a ping of stock being in for the 3080 but they always sold within the first 5 seconds. Just kinda miffed about there being no CPUs now 😢 my build is practically completely different than when I first made it due to amendments lol

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Don't you think the 3090 is poor value for money through especially if it's for gaming? I paid about £180 extra on eBay for my Asus 3080 TUF which seemed like a better option to me (even though I did not enjoy feeding the scalpers).
It kinda is, especially with some of the lower end AIB partner cards. Which is also why it's in stock more frequently than the 3080. Value for performance.

But if you're a content creator, and do a lot of editing and such, the 3090 is probably the best option still. I've only been considering it as I wanted to get back into the creative side of life and start animating and video editing again. Maybe even get back into 3D work. But I also REALLY want the best quality AIB which means I'm shit out of luck. Wrestling with downgrading, but knowing my luck I'll never find the card I want. (I never managed to get a 1080 back in the day either)