RTX 3080

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Front panel gone!!

Went over it with a fine tooth comb, nothing visible inside the case, less microscopic glass shards. Hopeful @SpyderTracks will give some advice about starting it once its acclimatised to the house, with all the small piles of glass within the case (cleaned now)

Now I’ve had a look inside I’m away to call them, its a Corsair 680x and I’m sure I seen somewhere the front glass panel could be removed to improve airflow so like you say hopefully a quick replacement

Will keep forum updated
I’m 99% sure the panels can be sourced individually so if you’re sure the rest of the build isn’t affected, hopefully PCS can just ship the replacement panel.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I’m 99% sure the panels can be sourced individually so if you’re sure the rest of the build isn’t affected, hopefully PCS can just ship the replacement panel.
Thats what I'm hoping for and that they give the ok to power it on, warranty cover and all that incase something else happens, like @scarpa1 says with the GPU for example.

I've had a good squint with world brightest head torch and still removing very small bits of glass but are getting less, but can't see between parts and connections and not competent enough to strip down and look fully :oops: :)

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Thats what I'm hoping for and that they give the ok to power it on, warranty cover and all that incase something else happens, like @scarpa1 says with the GPU for example.

I've had a good squint with world brightest head torch and still removing very small bits of glass but are getting less, but can't see between parts and connections and not competent enough to strip down and look fully :oops: :)
My worry would be the real small pieces, like the fine bits which don't seem like glass anymore, if that makes sense.
Some of the pictures you posted dont look great, that top right one, then there's bits all round the fans, the dust vent.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
My worry would be the real small pieces, like the fine bits which don't seem like glass anymore, if that makes sense.
Some of the pictures you posted dont look great, that top right one, then there's bits all round the fans, the dust vent.
My thoughts exactly, the fine bits are the big worry!!

position 15 in the phone Queue, only 1hr and 40 mins in :oops:

I'll post what they say once I get through, but I'm not expecting good news tbh, not with where all the glass was, thought toughened glass wasn't supposed to shatter into fine pieces, but like the large pieces in the other pics :unsure:

scarpa1

Enthusiast
My thoughts exactly, the fine bits are the big worry!!

position 15 in the phone Queue, only 1hr and 40 mins in :oops:

I'll post what they say once I get through, but I'm not expecting good news tbh, not with where all the glass was, thought toughened glass wasn't supposed to shatter into fine pieces, but like the large pieces in the other pics :unsure:
When you get through on phone mention the pictures on here you posted, they might be able to have a look themselves and give you a better answer that way.

Croupier

Disaster!!!!

Move mix to get ready to open and hear what sounds like marbles!!!

Open box, with better half recording as proof first opening, and gutted to see broken glass all over the top of case.

Not fully taken out yet to see which one has broken but to have it in the top of the build makes me wonder on the treatment of the box during transit

Gutted and raging
Absolutely gutted for you mate after seeing those pictures, hopefully all gets resolved as fast as possible! You've waited long enough

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Well... hello anxiety. I just ordered (Pre-ordered because Monitors are gone too, right?) and now I'm afraid of it getting kicked in before it arrives.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Well... hello anxiety. I just ordered (Pre-ordered because Monitors are gone too, right?) and now I'm afraid of it getting kicked in before it arrives.
The majority of employees with DPD will be very professional, I'm just luck I guess getting the grinch handling my package at some stage :oops:

scarpa1

Enthusiast
The majority will be fine, while mine didn't come with DPD as it was delivered on a pallet it was very well packaged and all arrived without a scratch.

shaps

Oh my.. really gutted for you @Guilders ! Now my anxiety is through the roof as I’ve got the same case and the build just passed in testing! :eek:
Hope you find a (easy) solution to this!

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
@shaps Phone them and ask them for extra packing as you seen what happened to mine, couldn't do any harm.

Case is beautiful otherwise, good selection, I'm happy I chose this one after the other one went out of stock.

Just of phone to support, after 3hrs and 30mins wait, call took all of 10 mins, they are going to send out a replacement front glass panel, they have looked at the photos I put in the media section (thanks @scarpa1 for that idea) and they have said that having looked at the pictures and I've let them know within 14 days then if anything requires changing out etc then it won't affect the warranty, as they have put notes on my order to explain and link to images. It will be a case of just returning, they sort it and get it back, hopefully not as long as the 69 days

Back to giving it one more clean before I turn it on....wish me luck