RTX 3080

I've waited 50 odd days and hearing people who ordered before me say they have been told end of January is a maybe for their build is whats putting me off waiting it out 😳
I completely understand I really do but its like buying a a anti aircraft cannon for a snowball fight tho after 50 days can imagine the frustration but for £621 extra you get it faster I guess if you can afford it go for it just adding abit of reason to the situation cos ill sleep better ;)

So after 57 working days and switching to the 3090 my pc has finally gone into build and even gone into testing at10 am😍😍
🥳🥳
tenor.gif

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
I completely understand I really do but its like buying a a anti aircraft cannon for a snowball fight tho after 50 days can imagine the frustration but for £621 extra you get it faster I guess if you can afford it go for it just adding abit of reason to the situation cos ill sleep better ;)
Yeah I have the money and have been weighing up the pros and cons, one of the pros being I get it faster lol although I did check and its a zotac 3090 and I have no clue about those sort of things would be good to hear peoples opinions on them ?

in testing its 5- 9 % faster in 4k gaming then a 3080 £621 extra for a titan class card thats really wasted on gaming other then 8k according to that reviewer

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
What processor do you have with your build?
i9 10900k, im in two minds as I get what your saying and I know the price to performance increase is no where near worth it just so fed up with waiting now and doesn't look like its getting any closer 😶

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
RTX 3090 / i9 10900k seems to be a good combo for people who have the money, and are unwilling to wait.
I can't say I recommend it, but it is a good option if you need a beefy PC in a hurry!

i just think for the cost of getting it now you could get a brand new 4k monitor for £621 or upgrade all the ssds get more m2 etc etc you could get a whole new set of top end keyboard mouse desk everything for £621 its alot of money for 5-9% but i completely understand hey itll be a beast with a 3090 but in my opinion its a massive waste of money but completely understand you have been waiting ages

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
RTX 3090 / i9 10900k seems to be a good combo for people who have the money, and are unwilling to wait.
I can't say I recommend it, but it is a good option if you need a beefy PC in a hurry!
Whats the difference in for example standard 3090 and the one they have in stock "zotac 3090" do you need certain other parts to match ? Sorry I'm new to all this pc stuff first time buying one which is why I'm now getting so impatient 😅

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
i just think for the cost of getting it now you could get a brand new 4k monitor for £621 or upgrade all the ssds get more m2 etc etc you could get a whole new set of keyboard mouse desk mouse everything for £621 its alot of money for 5-9%
I have everything ready just litterally waiting on the pc itself 😐

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
i just think for the cost of getting it now you could get a brand new 4k monitor for £621 or upgrade all the ssds get more m2 etc etc you could get a whole new set of top end keyboard mouse desk everything for £621 its alot of money for 5-9% but i completely understand hey itll be a beast with a 3090 but in my opinion its a massive waste of money but completely understand you have been waiting ages
This is my thinking, I’ve got the money to upgrade to a 3090, but the performance to the increased cost isn’t worth it for me and I’ve waited 55 working days (ordered 15th October) so what’s the harm is another few weeks at this point

Whats the difference in for example standard 3090 and the one they have in stock "zotac 3090" do you need certain other parts to match ? Sorry I'm new to all this pc stuff first time buying one which is why I'm now getting so impatient 😅
its a branded card they all have the same chip so for example asus may have a different cooling solution so different fans and design or higher clock speeds i always thought of it like coke and pepsi

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
This is my thinking, I’ve got the money to upgrade to a 3090, but the performance to the increased cost isn’t worth it for me and I’ve waited 55 working days (ordered 15th October) so what’s the harm is another few weeks at this point
Lol you speak sense and realistically its what I should do but I don't know if its going to be a few more weeks is whats swaying me to waste money 🤣