RTX 3080

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Are people really recommending that we are making more money selling higher tier cards?

We are NOT a components reseller and our markup for components is often very small and similar per card tier! we make our money from the services that we provide.

Edit: The 3090s just aren't selling as well due to the value perspective, the card doesn't really offer that much over the 3090 when compared in a gaming situation, for workstation use you may see the benefit, this is a much smaller target audience thus more cards are available.
All I can say is...

Screenshot_20210105-114319_Chrome.jpg
After seeing the long wait time on the 3080's which I completely understand why, I switched to the 3090 yesterday and this morning the status had changed, can see a lot of people taking the same route as me by switching, hopefully it balances things out so when stock arrives the numbers drop dramatically.

Masty

Anyone been in contact with them today, and asked when they next having anything in, i know they said mid jan like a week ago, just wondering if anything has changed.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
View attachment 21039After seeing the long wait time on the 3080's which I completely understand why, I switched to the 3090 yesterday and this morning the status had changed, can see a lot of people taking the same route as me by switching, hopefully it balances things out so when stock arrives the numbers drop dramatically.
I ordered just after Christmas and I have pre-ordered a strix 3080 and entered pre-prod yesterday also. I don't think this will be due to your GPU switch. More likely just based on them working again after the xmas break maybe?

Last edited:

whoami

I contacted them this morning, and there's still no new stock of 3080's.

Also can confirm pre-prod can be there for a long time, although if you're in the 3090 queue, probably less time than I've been there!

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
I ordered just after Christmas and I have pre-ordered a strix 3080 and entered pre-pro yesterday also. I don't think this will be due to your GPU switch. More likely just based on them working again after the xmas break maybe?
if current queue times are anything to go by, you will be waiting till at least April 2021. AFAIK Rog strix are worse to get hold of than std 3080s too.

I ordered just after Christmas and I have pre-ordered a strix 3080 and entered pre-pro yesterday also. I don't think this will be due to your GPU switch. More likely just based on them working again after the xmas break maybe?
Yea possibly not quite sure just happy it's reached preproduction so soon as I've seen some people wait longer.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Yea possibly not quite sure just happy it's reached preproduction so soon as I've seen some people wait longer.
Yeah me too. Tbh I have waited a while for a PC. I'll wait till August if I have to for the GPU. Doesn't mean I'm not hoping that a fat stack of 3080's drop for everyone.

kozuki

Enthusiast
61 working days in, and all I wanted was a workstation for busy holiday period! Some days I even forget that I am waiting for my pc and just sit in the not-quiet 100% speed laptop fan and cooler fan noise filled room, probably going to be around 75-80 days if rumors about mid-late January stock will become true

Jonnus

Hi All

has anyone with a standard 3080 received any update since 26th - currently sitting at 59 days and wondering what latest info is - thx
Some good news -well for those on the ROG STRIX 3080 waiting list...

I know from the threads here that the delays on the ROG have been bad; I am at 54 working days as of today so I gave them a chase and, apparently, stock has now been allocated to me for my build (and a series of other builds). My order was cleared on Oct 21 and I'm happy it looks like a 3 month wait in total. Apparently emails about production status tend to go out on wednesday so it's looking like I should venture out of pre-prod before I get into the 60's!

It's been a hard, long, slog but it's great that PCS are starting to receive STRIX cards; I'm thinking that my position in the queue went up after I know quite a few changed to the 3090 or stock 3080 cards so for those who have stuck it out I hope good news will come in this week about your builds.

So; good (but vague!) news for some.

Jonnus

if current queue times are anything to go by, you will be waiting till at least April 2021. AFAIK Rog strix are worse to get hold of than std 3080s too.
Looks like they got some ROG STRIX cards according to Michael on the phone this morning....computer says....'yes' apparently!

Anthony87

I have also been in Pre-Production since the start of November and I want it soooo bad. Would be nice to have a descent pc build and get more than 50fps for once. I hope stock is released soon. Makes me so angry when you see people on ebay selling them for double the price.:cry:

Aria03

37 working days for a Strix so thats great news ! Doubt I'll be assigned one yet but atleast the line is moving forward

kozuki

Enthusiast

I know from the threads here that the delays on the ROG have been bad; I am at 54 working days as of today so I gave them a chase and, apparently, stock has now been allocated to me for my build (and a series of other builds). My order was cleared on Oct 21 and I'm happy it looks like a 3 month wait in total. Apparently emails about production status tend to go out on wednesday so it's looking like I should venture out of pre-prod before I get into the 60's!

It's been a hard, long, slog but it's great that PCS are starting to receive STRIX cards; I'm thinking that my position in the queue went up after I know quite a few changed to the 3090 or stock 3080 cards so for those who have stuck it out I hope good news will come in this week about your builds.

Looks like they got some ROG STRIX cards according to Michael on the phone this morning....computer says....'yes' apparently!
wow, I was on the strix 3080 in my original order, I wish they would have notified some of us who have been switching to normal 3080

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster

That kinda annoys me, but I also know that I'll be happy with the 3090 which I switched to from Rog_Strix 3080. Also I ordered mid/late November so It's not like I would have gotten that card.

Also the amend page still says pre-order only so it may not have been enough to fulfil orders. Oh well. Hopefully you guys will get your machines sooner than later.