RTX 3080

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
After removing my "customer" head and replacing it with what once was my "customer service" head.

I can admittedly say that I was and have been completely wrong with how i have approached the situation with waiting for my PC build to come to fruition.

what i am failing very hard at understanding is that PCS are a company that build these machines and distribute to the wider audiences.

what i haven't understood fully until sitting and thinking about it is there are hundreds, thousands of requests being piled in and PCS have no stock... when a clump of 100 GPU's comes in, that is essentially PCS then building, testing, inspecting and distributing 100 units in days... the demand that is placed on them must be astronomical.

I will be sitting away in the shadows waiting patiently for my build to arrive and no longer sitting prodding away on forums wondering why i haven't got my computer.

From what I have gathered average waits are 55-70 WORKING days for any PC with a 3080 GPU ordered around Nov 2020, that is 3+Months of waiting, if you are not prepared to wait this long, simply do not order the PC with the GPU stated above, or build it yourself.

A heartfelt apology to the PCS team and the support moderators on this forum for my past behavior and i'd like to thank all of the staff and moderators on this forum board for their continued support.
Rare to have people reflect on themselves, and I absolutely respect that. I hope you get your PC soon (and mine) We are all brothers/sisters here.

January 12th may have some information for us all (From the tech expo's that are going to be happening).

whoami

From what I have gathered average waits are 55-70 WORKING days for any PC with a 3080 GPU ordered around Nov 2020, that is 3+Months of waiting, if you are not prepared to wait this long, simply do not order the PC with the GPU stated above, or build it yourself.
I agree with the rest of what you've said, it's tough, and we all have the option of moving out, but I can't help but be a little frustrated at the situation. I'm on 70 working days today, and through the various conversations I've had (for varying reasons) with PCS today, I've been told that choosing a STRIX may get my build sooner because I'm so low in the queue now, but can't be guaranteed – which is fair enough, I get that.
I've also been told on live chat that my build would be serviced from the end of November, when I originally switched away from a STRIX to a standard 3080, based on the advice @Ghosthud gave about the availability of those cards, which was – to put it mildly – infuriating.

At this point, I don't want to go elsewhere for my build, because I've heard a lot of good things about PCS from friends/family who have bought from here. I also know that a lot of this isn't PCS's fault, but it doesn't stop this current situation being painful to go through, being told different things and following the advice/info given by PCS to try and get this build quicker seems to be resulting in it taking even longer for me to get it.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
this must be NVIDIA marketing scheme to get us to switch to 3090 so they run out of those chunky GPUS and then resuply us with 3080

I agree with the rest of what you've said, it's tough, and we all have the option of moving out, but I can't help but be a little frustrated at the situation. I'm on 70 working days today, and through the various conversations I've had (for varying reasons) with PCS today, I've been told that choosing a STRIX may get my build sooner because I'm so low in the queue now, but can't be guaranteed – which is fair enough, I get that.
I've also been told on live chat that my build would be serviced from the end of November, when I originally switched away from a STRIX to a standard 3080, based on the advice @Ghosthud gave about the availability of those cards, which was – to put it mildly – infuriating.

At this point, I don't want to go elsewhere for my build, because I've heard a lot of good things about PCS from friends/family who have bought from here. I also know that a lot of this isn't PCS's fault, but it doesn't stop this current situation being painful to go through, being told different things and following the advice/info given by PCS to try and get this build quicker seems to be resulting in it taking even longer for me to get it.
I’d be interested to know if swapping to a strix from a standard would be better. I’m 62 days waiting and if yours hasn’t been fulfilled yet I doubt mine will be for a long time 🙃 I’ve also heard a lot of good things so want to wait it out with PCS

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Just an update . Got a message regarding me switching from 3080 to 3090 from PCS Customer Service . I am currently on the 16th working day. This is the answer i got .
Dear Georgi Stoyanov

I'd expect that the 3080 could take around 2 or 3 months for your machine.

Yes, we have the 3090 in stock and is available.

If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

3090 it is i guess..

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
And the cables in! Finally getting to use the pc to it’s full potential!😆

I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum, I’ve enjoyed reading and talking throughout the last couple of months whilst waiting for this! I’m so excited to create some environments on this machine and it’s now all ready and here for my final honours project at uni (I’m modelling a scene from last of us)

thanks to the moderators for all yous do on these forums and guys it’s worth the wait ☺️

Gavras

Master Poster
Ahem...I just placed a bet at Ladbrokes that you will receive your system before 2022....they were offering very good odds considering ;)

My apologies for making light of this sort of thing...am just in a mischievous mood today :eek:
Considering I had offer for my house accepted and house we plan to move to, all accepted start of October and still have not moved, I am sure a 3080 would have been quicker.

I am going to be bloke left in canteen when everyone has left.

Also as I said when I first asked about my order (big thanks btw), I said was not getting card or screen until we moved house.... I am expecting 16k screens to be common place and will enjoy my 5070 card.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Wow! I'm just catching up on the day's events and this thread has seen some serious action today! We've had it all, tears, laughter, grief and acceptance. Looks like everyone has managed to find some sense of equilibrium and the mood is a bit more positive than it was at the start of the day.

Keep smiling, everyone. An excruciatingly long wait for your orders is no doubt bound to be frustrating (I ordered during Lockdown 1.0 and remember looking at those pre-production days stacking up...). But when we look at what's going on the world, we've got to count ourselves lucky that we're healthy enough to be verbally sparring from our desks and not stuck in a hospital bed somewhere with a machine doing our breathing for us.

tierenobre

I want to thank you for the information on this topic.
With little waiting time I removed my 3080 strix from my order. I bought a msi 3080 suprim x in another location and now I'm just waiting for my pc to arrive to install. Perhaps this information will help you.
Oh, my CPU is an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X.

Thank you guys.

Attachments

• aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 157