RTX 3080

Order update. I was waiting for Strix 3080 I found MSI 3090 from another source and changed my order 30/12/20. Just gone in to build. Ordered 30/11/20, 27 working days. Cpu intel i9 10900k. Swapped case yesterday due to sizing issues.

Jonnus

I'm now 76 working days into waiting for my PC. I have been told that my Ryzen 5900X had been allocated before Christmas, but I am still waiting for my Strix 3080... Is there an ETA?

Just thought I'd take my chances asking here...!
I spoke to them yesterday and there was a delivery of <100 STRIX 3080 cards. You are, all things being equal, a bit higher in the queue than I am and I was told I should go into build this week (hopefully) and have had one assigned. It's less a case of having components ready as it is having an engineer to build it. So chin up, don't spend another £600 on a 3090 and hopefully you will have good news this week!

Last edited by a moderator:

dyllom

68 days Pre-Production 🥺 Taking forever, 3090 and 5950x and I’m seeing people with just 5950x getting allocated with one with 40 odd working days when that’s the only part I need :(

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
68 days Pre-Production 🥺 Taking forever, 3090 and 5950x and I’m seeing people with just 5950x getting allocated with one with 40 odd working days when that’s the only part I need :(
Very strange that your waiting on a 3090 yet people who switched from 3080s are getting theirs within a week 🤔

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Very strange that your waiting on a 3090 yet people who switched from 3080s are getting theirs within a week 🤔
It's all down to when you ordered. If people who ordered earlier with a 3080 switch to a 3090 they will get them ahead of someone ordering later with a 3090....

BizzHood

Bronze Level Poster
It's all down to when you ordered. If people who ordered earlier with a 3080 switch to a 3090 they will get them ahead of someone ordering later with a 3090....
Yeah I get that but the person is on 68 days and I swear a couple of people with less days have gone into the next phase after changing.

dyllom

Yeah I get that but the person is on 68 days and I swear a couple of people with less days have gone into the next phase after changing.
Exactly like I really am confused, theres someone on the forums a few pages back saying that they took out there graphics card and got their build into build on Monday with 40 something working days pre production... yet I’ve been told I’m just waiting on the 5950x. I’m happy they got their build but what about me who has been waiting more than a month longer from the 2nd of October haha

whoami

@ubuysa I also have written confirmation of at least one instance that a build later than mine was processed. I've also seen Ghosthud confirm they're monitoring the queue to make sure that doesn't happen, but if it's just one person, it's easy to see that some will inevitably slip through, given the number of builds we're talking about

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Contact CS. This will not be easy to do, but It may be a case of you slipping through the cracks due to volume. It's a human monitored system so it will not be without error. However it may also be the case that switching some components put you behind some people who never switched.

Jonathan Formosa

@Ghosthud Firstly I will say that all PCS staff have been doing an amazing job given the circumstances of the last 10 months (y)

I am not criticising PCS communication or anything here, merely an observation: I think a lot of the frustration for people, especially in the 3080 build queue, is the lack of any sort of communication.....even just a weekly "Hi, your order is important to us, we are doing everything we can to source supplies. We cannot give accurate information at this time as our suppliers aren't giving us information. Pleases bear with us" email. If the date of last communication posted by Scottmask above is accurate, then 6 weeks with no communication at all is not good.

Asking people to spend £2k on a system and then not giving updates for weeks, even if the update is "there is no update", to me is a little concerning. If I was in the 3080 queue and getting no communication at all, then I would be questioning how important my custom was to PCS management

That's how I see it anyway.
I agree, I ordered a 2k pc with a standard rtx3080 in November. Got an email last month saying that PCS had all the parts in stock and I just had to change my case. I changed the case and turns out there was no stock. That was the last message I got from PCS.

As much as I trust PCS it feels like my money's took and then they run. If you get what I mean. Spending this much and not getting regular updates making me nervous.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
@ubuysa I also have written confirmation of at least one instance that a build later than mine was processed. I've also seen Ghosthud confirm they're monitoring the queue to make sure that doesn't happen, but if it's just one person, it's easy to see that some will inevitably slip through, given the number of builds we're talking about
Fair enough, point taken. ☺️

woke up this morning to a email saying that my estimated completion date would be 29 march I was shocked.
I placed my original order on a 3080 then after seeing the wait times I rang up PCS to switch for the 3090 (this was done a day after my original order) on the phone I was assured that they had 3090's in stock and my wait time would be lowered significantly so after upgrading my total order that had come just below £3000 because of this upgrade which is a lot in my eyes but I didn't want to wait the long que times. Now that I received this email I feel like I should of stayed with the 3080. Can anyone please shed light on this situation will it take that long even tho I am on the 3090 list?

I had a thought that it could just be an automated email and maybe the email predicted it of 3080 que time but still its got me thinking am I going to be waiting that long for a 3090?