RTX 3080

I hope that I am not violating the forum rules by writing this here.

I placed my order with PCS on the 22nd of October for the system including RTX3080 and i9 10850. 60 working days later, I am still in pre-production phase - same as many of you, some of you have been waiting even longer than me. I am not here to complain, I understand this is the global issue and PCS are not at fault here.

As I am not the most patient person you can imagine, 60+ wait time for a system is rapidly becoming something that is beyond my capacity. On the 7th of January, I placed the order with a reputable competitor of PCS, which name I will withhold here for the obvious reasons, for a system including RTX3080, Ryzen 5800x, Asus Rog Strix x570, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3600MHz, SSD: WD_BLACK SN850 1TB, Corsair iCUE, H100i PRO XT, Windows 10 included, so these two orders could race against each other. Generally, a bit better rig overall than the one I ordered with PCS (my fault, not theirs). Price tag? £2416. Guess what? Today I received communication that my order has been successfully built, tested and will be dispatched later on today. 7 days after I placed the order with them, even though the estimated delivery date given to me at the time of me placing the order was 26/01/2021. DPD is due to get it delivered tomorrow. The only downside is that I had to pay the full price as their finance company rejected my application.

I am posting this stuff here on forum to let you know that there is an alternative to 3months+ wait time. Also for those who pay additional £600 for a higher tier graphic card or downgrade their entire systems to get through the building phase. The thing is, you don't have to. I am absolutely sure that anyone who'll stick with PCS will eventually be satisfied with the received product as PCS means high quality, which is why I placed my order with them in the first place. Unfortunately, 60 days (and 10-15 more probably) wait time is only as far as my loyalty goes and I decided to use the service of one of their competitors, whose reputation matches the one PCS has, but was able to deliver the product in the quicker manner.
I included no gpu in my build and got a 3080 myself, still waiting 30+ days for build. sent them a message 3 days ago regarding the order and still waiting for a reply. this whole thing left such bad taste that I want to cancel the order and try one their competitors as you mentioned. but of course I cant even do that because they dont reply to emails, guess i have to wait the 2+ hours on the phone instead.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I hope that I am not violating the forum rules by writing this here.

I placed my order with PCS on the 22nd of October for the system including RTX3080 and i9 10850. 60 working days later, I am still in pre-production phase - same as many of you, some of you have been waiting even longer than me. I am not here to complain, I understand this is the global issue and PCS are not at fault here.

As I am not the most patient person you can imagine, 60+ wait time for a system is rapidly becoming something that is beyond my capacity. On the 7th of January, I placed the order with a reputable competitor of PCS, which name I will withhold here for the obvious reasons, for a system including RTX3080, Ryzen 5800x, Asus Rog Strix x570, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3600MHz, SSD: WD_BLACK SN850 1TB, Corsair iCUE, H100i PRO XT, Windows 10 included, so these two orders could race against each other. Generally, a bit better rig overall than the one I ordered with PCS (my fault, not theirs). Price tag? £2416. Guess what? Today I received communication that my order has been successfully built, tested and will be dispatched later on today. 7 days after I placed the order with them, even though the estimated delivery date given to me at the time of me placing the order was 26/01/2021. DPD is due to get it delivered tomorrow. The only downside is that I had to pay the full price as their finance company rejected my application.

I am posting this stuff here on forum to let you know that there is an alternative to 3months+ wait time. Also for those who pay additional £600 for a higher tier graphic card or downgrade their entire systems to get through the building phase. The thing is, you don't have to. I am absolutely sure that anyone who'll stick with PCS will eventually be satisfied with the received product as PCS means high quality, which is why I placed my order with them in the first place. Unfortunately, 60 days (and 10-15 more probably) wait time is only as far as my loyalty goes and I decided to use the service of one of their competitors, whose reputation matches the one PCS has, but was able to deliver the product in the quicker manner.
Everyone has a choice. Nobody is being forced to stick with PCS. If anyone thinks they can get a better deal elsewhere then of course they should buy from elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

AaranmMc

I'm guessing some of us got an email today relating to the ASUS 3080. I received an email detailing issues with the ASUS 3080. At the end they said:

"We are very sorry about the supply situation right now, it is very frustrating for both you as our trusted customer and for us as a supplier. We feel that we are letting you down and it is not the customer experience that we normally provide."

Attachments

• 20210114_162733.jpg
    20210114_162733.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 329
I'm guessing some of us got an email today relating to the ASUS 3080. I received an email detailing issues with the ASUS 3080. At the end they said:

"We are very sorry about the supply situation right now, it is very frustrating for both you as our trusted customer and for us as a supplier. We feel that we are letting you down and it is not the customer experience that we normally provide."
what date did you order?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

That sounds pretty fair to me

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
I included no gpu in my build and got a 3080 myself, still waiting 30+ days for build. sent them a message 3 days ago regarding the order and still waiting for a reply. this whole thing left such bad taste that I want to cancel the order and try one their competitors as you mentioned. but of course I cant even do that because they dont reply to emails, guess i have to wait the 2+ hours on the phone instead.
Use Live Chat, they’ve been helpful with me.

Even if everything is in stock on your build it doesn’t automatically go into building. Everything is in stock on my build yet PCS estimates next week or week after. I’m on 63 days but there are people who are going into building from the 5th of October. They are clearing the 3080 orders from early October first since they have been waiting forever.

Gix

I didn't receive this email.

Order date: 26/10/20
58 working days (pre-pro)
3080 (Not strix so maybe that means... mine is gunna be soon...? And that's why I didn't receive the email....?)

Shut up! No-one burst this bubble! Let me huff this desperate gasp of hopium at least for the weekend. I've started reading book again! It's getting dire.

Gavras

Master Poster
I thought i would give a quick update on what I've been told regarding my order.
22nd working day for me -Corsair Obsidian 500d rgb se , I9-10850K ,RTX 3090, 64gb rgb pro 3200mhz ,1000w rmi PCU ,ROG maximus hero XII , 2tb samsung 870qvo and samsung 500gb nvme m.2 .
Ive got an email today saying :
Now there are no pre-orders on your order,you should just be waiting our current wait times from here ,and so should only be a couple of weeks at most.

This is what I was aiming for at the beginning ,to have no pre-orders on my rig and this is why I went through 8 different amendments to get all parts in stock hence speeding up the process.
Hopefully the other email from few days earlier stating that 20th of January is the estimated build date would come to live or maybe a bit earlier :)
You might want to kill some time by getting a rear fan to set things off 😊

DavyDavy

Hi,

Went into pre-production on 9th Dec with a 5900OC, RTX3080 (non-Strix) on 9th Dec (26 w/d).

Looking here, is it safe to say I'm still well back in the queue?

I've just amended my case to a CM H500 that's out of stock until 25th January. I've assumed that won't delay anything kind of on the basis I'll be waiting til late Feb/March anyway, but I can see 5900/3080 builds are now readily available for next day delivery in UK so maybe stock isn't as bad as it was in early December, when nothing at all seemed feasible for either part.

I'm mostly looking for reassurance I've not punted myself further back by having the CPU and/or GPU come in while there's no case available to install them in.

Cheers

gxbb47

Hi,

Went into pre-production on 9th Dec with a 5900OC, RTX3080 (non-Strix) on 9th Dec (26 w/d).

I've just amended my case to a CM H500 that's out of stock until 25th January. I've assumed that won't delay anything kind of on the basis I'll be waiting til late Feb/March anyway, but I can see 5900/3080 builds are now readily available for next day delivery in UK so maybe stock isn't as bad as it was in early December, when nothing at all seemed feasible for either part.

I'm mostly looking for reassurance I've not punted myself further back by having the CPU and/or GPU come in while there's no case available to install them in.

Cheers
from what i read on the forum, they are now dispatching orders from october, so i'm hoping in april to have mine delivered
i ordered on 13 of december, r7 5800x and 3080.

your position in queue doesn't change if you make amendments (as far as i know)

Gavras

Master Poster
Thanks , actually was just thinking about it ...
any recommendations for a argb fan ?
With the 500D SE, you get LL120‘s and the 115i comes with its own fans.

ICUE then handles all the addressing.

Mine with various settings.

If I remember correctly the ROG boards come with ARGB Gen 2’s.

This would mean your motherboard would only be controlling the rear fan if you went with an ARGB fan for there.

You get a fair selection of colour effects.

omirako

Hi,

Cheers
I'm sorry but there's a high chance that you're going to wait way longer than that, to put things in perspective: As of today, PCS seems to have just completed the first month of standard 3080 orders (from 17th September to 16th October) , and they did that in 4 months. Nvidia said that supply won't catch up with demand until April/May, add a reasonable delay due to PCS backlog etc. and draw your own conclusions.

gxbb47

I'm sorry but there's a high chance that you're going to wait way longer than that, to put things in perspective: As of today, PCS seems to have just completed the first month of standard 3080 orders (from 17th September to 16th October) , and they did that in 4 months. Nvidia said that supply won't catch up with demand until April/May, add a reasonable delay due to PCS backlog etc. and draw your own conclusions.
can't do anything about that but wait. it is what it is, i understand the problem with stock worldwide :d
atleast i know that i'm in a queue and i will have it eventually!

kozuki

Enthusiast
to be precise, they haven't reached 12th of October yet, so not even the first month is complete

I ordered 5th October with a standard 3080 and an AMD 5600 CPU, which I suspect isn't as much a "problem" component as the higher ones in that CPU range, so I'm probably a good barometer for where the orders for "normal" 3080 orders are at. Mine went into building this week, around the 71/72 working day mark. I'll update this thread when it actually arrives.

I had to change the case to one which I personally think is very ugly (Fractal Define Nano S couldn't accomodate the 3080's thickness), but others here might like it as it seems to be a bit of an RGB light show.