RTX 3080

Snooze

At 69 days. Thinking of calling soon to see if i can get an idea of where i am in the queue.
Surely you’ll be right near front of the queue for the next batch of cards they receive, assuming they don’t don’t currently have enough to build yours

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you for this, just went into my account and it was updated last night so after 73 days - finally been built and awaiting dispatch - order date was 12th October spec is i7 standard 3080 hopefully everyone who ordered around 12th is also getting good news today
Awesome news! (y)

Weary

I ordered on the 5th of October and only the 3080 GPU was pre-order. Yesterday (20th Jan) I got an e-mail from PCS suggesting I may have to wait until "March or beyond" for my pc as PCS had only received 205 units since December and had 1560 orders awaiting 3080 cards. Upon receipt of that message and having waited 4 months already I decided not to wait any longer so I changed my order from a 3080 to a 3090 GPU considerably increasing my costs. I am now on 79 days ‘pre-production’ with still no pc in sight. Given previous posts I would the question the claim pc’s are built strictly in date order.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
I ordered on the 5th of October and only the 3080 GPU was pre-order. Yesterday (20th Jan) I got an e-mail from PCS suggesting I may have to wait until "March or beyond" for my pc as PCS had only received 205 units since December and had 1560 orders awaiting 3080 cards. Upon receipt of that message and having waited 4 months already I decided not to wait any longer so I changed my order from a 3080 to a 3090 GPU considerably increasing my costs. I am now on 79 days ‘pre-production’ with still no pc in sight. Given previous posts I would the question the claim pc’s are built strictly in date order.
What else you got in your build though? I’m on 70 days now but have 3080 and 5900x

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Depends on your CPU (e.g. 59XX series) but if you're now in an "all parts in stock" mode, you'll get put into the Build queue and given your wait time I imagine you'll move into the building very quickly. Worth double checking that your case and PSU are still in stock.

Weary

All other components were standard and no other element was pre-order. Since posting last message the pc has gone into build. Pleased matter has at last progressed but it has come at a cost. Still cannot see why I did not get a 3080 earlier.

MichaelJames249

1611238277494399471226129804408.jpg

MichaelJames249

Thought they had...you can see the motherboard lighting through the mesh top. Really should have been top mounted as it's expelling air through the case rather than out of it
They are the pro builders not me 😂 there may not be enough space but I'll have a look later and report back

Thought they had...you can see the motherboard lighting through the mesh top. Really should have been top mounted as it's expelling air through the case rather than out of it
It doesn't fit on top with the fans if you have the RGB Ram in that case as i found out. What was worse was they put all 5 fans on the front (3case/2rad) with no exhaust fans.

I relocated 2 of the fans and have decent airflow now. Which wasn't the case on delivery :)

Ah...I overlooked the RGB RAM when I was looking at the specs :oops:

Did you try to fit the cooler at the top after you got it then? Just curious as I know of at least one case where you can fit the RGB RAM and cooler without issue but PCS chose not to do so (think the case may have been the Lian Li)
I did quickly try and you can fit the Rad with the rear fan on it but not the front.

As i've had no issues at all with temps while playing some pretty demanding games i opted to keep it at the front with a exhaust fan at the back and at the top. I'm going to take it apart again soon as want to redo some of the cable management once i've got some extensions so might give it another go.

Hillson

I received the email also but replied asking what my queue position is before I decide how I move forward.

The email references a queue so surely they can tell you where you are, right?
So I got an email back which I still think they could go to some effort to sort.

They said that "sadly this is not information we have, as our system gives a queue position in relation to when you ordered the system and not a specific part as we are a full systems builder and not a parts seller. Our system simply does not give us the information you are requesting I am sorry to say."

...to which I do not understand why you could export the information into excel from the fields we have all filled in of the hardware we requested. Then filter out everyone looking for 3080 to AT LEAST give an indication of the amount of people looking for the item and how many have ordered. I know there are variables but gives a decent estimate.

Either way, the email did then say "If you want me to estimate a delivery date for you, I would say around the middle to end of next month, but it could be longer" so at least that is something which I really did appreciate.

I am 49 days in and have ordered system with 3080 and 5900x to give anyone else context of timeframe.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I got an email back which I still think they could go to some effort to sort.

They said that "sadly this is not information we have, as our system gives a queue position in relation to when you ordered the system and not a specific part as we are a full systems builder and not a parts seller. Our system simply does not give us the information you are requesting I am sorry to say."

...to which I do not understand why you could export the information into excel from the fields we have all filled in of the hardware we requested. Then filter out everyone looking for 3080 to AT LEAST give an indication of the amount of people looking for the item and how many have ordered. I know there are variables but gives a decent estimate.

Either way, the email did then say "If you want me to estimate a delivery date for you, I would say around the middle to end of next month, but it could be longer" so at least that is something which I really did appreciate.

I am 49 days in and have ordered system with 3080 and 5900x to give anyone else context of timeframe.
As previously stated, this has all been covered why they won't give queue numbers or estimates.

Read the stickies.