RTX 3080

@MerkTheHerl You could still amend your order to include the 5900x...chances are you'll be waiting on the 3080 anyway. While there, I'd also put on a better cooler, remove the Bullguard and add in a much better primary drive (unless you have your own M.2 SSD to fit of course)
Thanks for that - I didn't even realise Bullguard was on there, probably because it was a free trial. The trouble is the cost of the additional parts...definitely can't afford to update the order now :( What's up with the SSD out of interest? Reviews of the one I chose seem good? I think the 3900 will still be fine for the time being. As for cooling - what would you recommend specifically? I may be able to afford to change that.

This is not a drill we are IN BUILDING
giphy.gif

Xec

Been lurking since day 1.

Ordered 10/10/2020. 76WD gang. Hopefully up sometime soon I think I'm near the front of the queue - will keep you all updated.

Case LIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 Ten-Core Processor i9-10900K (3.7GHz) 20MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingNoctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
I think in the eyes of most couriers I've seen that's like a red rag to a bull!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
well ,guy dropped the pc ,cold blooded on the ground ,and immediately looking in my direction if ive seen what he has done ,If i was a bit more unlucky then usual now ill be having a cracked PC and be in the long process of returning and probably refunding my order .
So PCS should really think about ther necks and leave some stickers as guidance to all the people that handle the packages.Cuz if they do this infront of us imagine whats happening the rest of time .

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
well ,guy dropped the pc ,cold blooded on the ground ,and immediately looking in my direction if ive seen what he has done ,If i was a bit more unlucky then usual now ill be having a cracked PC and be in the long process of returning and probably refunding my order .
I once ordered a drip coffee machine off Amazon and the guy delivering it went to get his pad for me to sign for it and placed my package on the bin. It fell it off and we both heard a smash which was the glass bit at the bottom. He just had this look of he couldn't believe that it had just happened. He went to go and told him to stay there while I opened it and sure enough it was broken. And since I had not signed for it I told that I could not accept the package. He begged me not to ring it in as he could not lose his job so I said what will happen now. This was on a Friday. On Sunday morning there was a knock on the door and he had rang the coffee maker's manufacturer and told them what happened and they sent him to a warehouse where he picked up a spare one and brought it over. I invited him and tested the machine to make sure it all worked. It still works till this day. But I can't imagine what I would do if if was a PC panel / PC that broke. I assume PCS can send out a new side panel. I just don't get why don't take better care with the products as we all know that they would kick off it had happened to them.

kozuki

Enthusiast
I once ordered a drip coffee machine off Amazon and the guy delivering it went to get his pad for me to sign for it and placed my package on the bin. It fell it off and we both heard a smash which was the glass bit at the bottom. He just had this look of he couldn't believe that it had just happened. He went to go and told him to stay there while I opened it and sure enough it was broken. And since I had not signed for it I told that I could not accept the package. He begged me not to ring it in as he could not lose his job so I said what will happen now. This was on a Friday. On Sunday morning there was a knock on the door and he had rang the coffee maker's manufacturer and told them what happened and they sent him to a warehouse where he picked up a spare one and brought it over. I invited him and tested the machine to make sure it all worked. It still works till this day. But I can't imagine what I would do if if was a PC panel / PC that broke. I assume PCS can send out a new side panel. I just don't get why don't take better care with the products as we all know that they would kick off it had happened to them.
even if it was just a side panel, you would have to go through all the trouble looking if there's any residue glass in the system etc., which is not something anyone would want to do, especially with the glasses that break into tiny particles

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
even if it was just a side panel, you would have to go through all the trouble looking if there's any residue glass in the system etc., which is not something anyone would want to do, especially with the glasses that break into tiny particles
That is true and what a headache that would be. I think most might just send it right back and say you want it checking over. The problem is the delivery companies are never held responsible. A friend had a PS5 stolen and showed Yodel on his house security system and doorbell camera that the guy never even got the van to try and deliver it. He got his money sent back but no PS5. Two weeks later the same driver went to drop off a package from Ebay. They never even sacked the guy for stealing packages. He went to the police after that with the evidence.

kozuki

Enthusiast
That is true and what a headache that would be. I think most might just send it right back and say you want it checking over. The problem is the delivery companies are never held responsible. A friend had a PS5 stolen and showed Yodel on his house security system and doorbell camera that the guy never even got the van to try and deliver it. He got his money sent back but no PS5. Two weeks later the same driver went to drop off a package from Ebay. They never even sacked the guy for stealing packages. He went to the police after that with the evidence.
sending it back would be fine, BUT for example, I live in northeastern Europe, sending it back and forth would be a hassle and an invitation for more delivery damage and going through the customs again is a problem too

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
sending it back would be fine, BUT for example, I live in northeastern Europe, sending it back and forth would be a hassle and an invitation for more delivery damage and going through the customs again is a problem too
True , are you going to be hit with any import tax as UK is not in the EU now. As I saw people buying stuff from the EU were getting hit with both import and customs tax.

kozuki

Enthusiast
True , are you going to be hit with any import tax as UK is not in the EU now. As I saw people buying stuff from the EU were getting hit with both import and customs tax.
yeah, import tax for computers here is 0% luckily, and as this computer is ordered through a company, the import tax will be negated too, but for individuals ordering for themselves, the import tax will be applied. I was told my order would be handled by FedEx, I wonder if they're any better with these long range deliveries and the safety of packages. Not sure how PCS knew that though, my build is still in pre-production with 75 working days, though I've also been told that I should be going into dispatch this month

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster
The Email Updates Are A Lie

Having just gone through another live chat it seems the entire story from PCS is just not true. On 2nd December I was 150th out of 1402 and today I am 114th. With the email update we all received saying they’d had ‘205 units’ since December. The queue is only for the GPU and that was stated clearly. I’ve had it confirmed all my parts have been in stock.
In 7 weeks they’ve acquired 36 units.
Either the PureChat person is wrong or there’s no point waiting.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster

Having just gone through another live chat it seems the entire story from PCS is just not true. On 2nd December I was 150th out of 1402 and today I am 114th. With the email update we all received saying they’d had ‘205 units’ since December. The queue is only for the GPU and that was stated clearly. I’ve had it confirmed all my parts have been in stock.
just call them and address the issue ,Dont know how you actually managed to chat with them ,if you call them tomorrow as soon as they open you wont wait that long ,I did this and later in the afternoon went into building .Might be coincidence might be the call ,we'll never know .

Snooze

Every time I call them I’m given an entirely different story. At this point I can’t even say it’s incompetence it’s starting to feel more malicious!

I’m 52 days in so see no reason to cancel, but had they been more upfront with their issues and offered as much clarity as other places I’d have probably went elsewhere

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Just an update from me... After receiving the email about the 3080's I decided on friday to REMOVE it from my order and go with NO GPU and for now I'll put in my 1080 from my dead pc (I "think" the gpu is ok...hope so)... Anyway, this morning I got an email that it went into building, tested, QCd and ready for dispatch - all in one day.

Production Dates
Processed Date28-11-2020
Pre-Production Date04-12-2020
Build Date25-01-2021
Test Date25-01-2021
Awaiting Dispatch Date25-01-2021

I really hope it's OK, as I thought it took a few days for the testing.

CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Hopefully should have it for the weekend...