RTX 3080

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
And that's fine, that's your choice.

On the forum, there are a handful of people in that position who are able to overspec the GPU. So long as you're informed and realise that you're not using it to it's potential, that's absolutely fine.

What we can't have is people stating that it's required at that resolution, because that's bad advice and wholly inaccurate for the rest of the forum members who may not understand resolution vs refresh rate.

Not sure I understand this? You wouldn't pair a 60Hz monitor with a 3080 or 3090, you'd go for 144Hz. Otherwise again, you're bottlenecking the card.
Yes ,I perfectly fine understand that Im bottlenecking it ,but hell im someone that bought the 3090 just because had no patience to wait for 3080 :D .
Still my 1st choice right now will be to get 1440p just because i play a lot of competitive gaming and stream twitch and stuff ,afterwards if i get a nice offer ill probably get 4k as well to switch around ,depending on what im doing .
I installed some top games already and its nice to see that FPS meter go bonkers and the Vram be so untouchable in the graphics menu in each game . :)

Wuffles

That's not a rant. ;)

What you say is true, but PCS isn't quite like that. The overwhelming majority of its customers are gamers and techies who want the ability to spec their PC simply because they do understand the technicalities. The best analogy would be if the overwhelming majority of your passengers were aeronautical engineers, they would obsess about the characteristics of the aircraft - and possibly whether you were making best use of them. :)

It's very difficult to give advice on a forum because you don't know what the people reading your posts already know. And you can't see people's eyes glazing over on a forum either. ;)

TBH if you just want a PC you can switch on and forget then you're better off buying in a high street store.
A good point and very well made.
And yes you are right about A/C Engineers .... up the front we are simple folk. Pull the stick back the houses get smaller. Push the stick forward the houses get bigger.
But I thoroughly enjoyed researching my new build rather than a Curry's Generic so I still believe I am part of the silent majority who are slowly counting the days

LDC

64 working days on the wait now, is anyone a lot longer than that?
1611658579184.png

Dacbol

Hi all - anyone in Ireland received their build yet - mine was apparently dispatched last Thursday but according to FEDEX they havent collected it yet - onhold with PCS just over an hour at min trying to determine what delay is in having fedex collect

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Hi all - anyone in Ireland received their build yet - mine was apparently dispatched last Thursday but according to FEDEX they havent collected it yet - onhold with PCS just over an hour at min trying to determine what delay is in having fedex collect
Do you have any tracking information for FedEx? If so may be worth contacting them

kozuki

Enthusiast
76 working days, still awaiting for an update, seems like there's movement with the 5900X builds and people on my order date with intel + 3080 already got theirs built, so I feel like I should be super close to building

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Spoke with Live Chat just now and they were not helpful at all. I don't even know where I am in the que or if I will get this PC in 2021. I believe they are still working on early October orders.
When did you order?

They cannot give you a queue position as it depends on all other components, I believe all customer service agents have been told to not give queue positions as they don’t have an accurate response, due to it depending on the other parts.

Yes, I believe for 3080 orders (excluding all other preorder items) they have finished orders up to the 12th October, they sent an email last week which said they were expecting the 3080 situation to improve in March, but this could change (this email has been posted in full earlier in this thread) and that they would assemble orders based on first come first served basis.

Scully

If I had to change I would lean more more towards a 3090 upgrade than a 3070 downgrade. I've witnessed 4k graphics and can't go back after seeing it. Still sticking in the 3080 queue though as its better value for me

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster
Spoke with Live Chat just now and they were not helpful at all. I don't even know where I am in the que or if I will get this PC in 2021. I believe they are still working on early October orders.
Live chat is pretty worthless, the only actual information I’ve had about queue position was totally false.
They don’t know anything about our orders, all they know that is helpful is when they are building from which we find out from this thread anyway (When there isn’t another argument).
They’re building from early to mid October, but they have no idea when stock is coming so people in late October could be waiting days or months.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I can see at some point probably around Q3 a 3080ti to fall between the two. Like at the moment the 6900XT doesn’t make much sense. While it is better than the 6800XT is is only around 10% better but not for an extra 50% in cost. I don’t think the 3090 is a gaming card. I think it is a cheaper Titan. So while it can game it was not built to do it.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Decided yesterday to switch over from the 3080 to the 3070 at 52 working days. Went into the building stage a couple of hours ago!
Did you have any other pre order components in you build? Amd CPU etc. I'm thinking of dropping to the 3070 aswell. On 46 days here. I did notice that the price difference when amending my order was only £113 between the 3070 and 3080. Was yours the same?

xdcdoc

I have a late december order.

Anyone have an idea... if I do down grade to a 3070... how likely am I to get a quickish build at this stage?