RTX 3080

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I would say yes. There is loads of 3070s being putting for sale every day. So that shows that places are getting loads in. I would assume that would also include PCS. I have also seen people saying that their 5800X + 3070 builds have been starting to be done. So by that assumption I would say yes. It is always wise to ring up and see. Remember to press 2 for tracking to get through quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
I can see at some point probably around Q3 a 3080ti to fall between the two. Like at the moment the 6900XT doesn’t make much sense. While it is better than the 6800XT is is only around 10% better but not for an extra 50% in cost. I don’t think the 3090 is a gaming card. I think it is a cheaper Titan. So while it can game it was not built to do it.
True ,it is a Titan card , but i believe Nvidia are trying something new this year with the new name ,not sure why.
Although not a gaming card ,every brand that produces 3090 right now advertises them as gaming.My Zotac version of it has like 3 different stickers with ''gaming'' or ''made for gamers'' words in it :D . So we might get an actual titan later on.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Its tempting to downgrade to a 3070 if they are available but after waiting 72 days so far i want to wait for my 3080 out of sheer stubbornness. XD
73 days here and I’ve been tempted to upgrade and tempted to downgrade, but I know that upgrading isn’t worth the money (at least in my opinion, nor would I want to spend that much on the GPU) and I’ll regret downgrading, because I know that I’ll just want to upgrade it later on, plus the amount being offered to downgrade isn’t worth it either (currently £126). So similar to you I’m waiting it out because I’m too stubborn to go either way! I know in the long run the wait will have paid off, so for now...

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Just wanted to say thanks to some of the mods for their config advice on my (upgraded to 3090) rig, specifically Agent Cooper and Spider. Rig made it over safe and is settling in nicely. Playing Cyberpunk at a steady 100+ fps on maxed out ultra 1440p / 144mhz is pretty shiny!

Good luck to all of you on the 3080 waiting train. Here's wishing you a massive influx of cards to PCS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just wanted to say thanks to some of the mods for their config advice on my (upgraded to 3090) rig, specifically Agent Cooper and Spider. Rig made it over safe and is settling in nicely. Playing Cyberpunk at a steady 100+ fps on maxed out ultra 1440p / 144mhz is pretty shiny!

Good luck to all of you on the 3080 waiting train. Here's wishing you a massive influx of cards to PCS.
Awesome! Pics when you get a second, really pleased it's arrived ok!

Boomer

Bronze Level Poster
I have a late december order.

Anyone have an idea... if I do down grade to a 3070... how likely am I to get a quickish build at this stage?
Current wait time is about 25 days I believe. I switched at 55 days and was in Build and then Test within hours.

One tip ... the PSU configurator is on the blink. When you downgrade from a 3080 to a 3070 it will helpfully tell you that your PSU is over specced. If you downgrade that, they will tell you in Build that you need to upgrade again. This may have added a few days to my order (grrr!).

I needed at least 850W. However the 850 RMx is out of stock (shock!) and so had to go back to the 1000 RMx (pre-order only) which I was on originally.

gipnose

Did you have any other pre order components in you build? Amd CPU etc. I'm thinking of dropping to the 3070 aswell. On 46 days here. I did notice that the price difference when amending my order was only £113 between the 3070 and 3080. Was yours the same?
Had the 5900x on the order too and yeah the price between was the same.

AndHob

Bronze Level Poster
1611698570061.png

Hi All, just to let you know - I've abandoned the 3080 queue too, so that's one more set aside for one of you lucky-lot. I downgraded to the 3070, which is more suitable as I don't even have a 4k monitor yet anyway, so will only be playing at 2k. The 3080 was for 'future proofing', but there's no reason I can't upgrade maybe to the '3080 Super' in a couple of years or so. This downgrade also allowed me financially to add an m2 SSD, upgraded from the Ryzen 9 3900X to the Ryzen 9 3900XT and added better cooling too...so that's a few perks I guess. I'll keep you updated when I eventually go into build (hopefully I won't be waiting another 32 days lol).

Hi All, just to let you know - I've abandoned the 3080 queue too, so that's one more set aside for one of you lucky-lot. I downgraded to the 3070, which is more suitable as I don't even have a 4k monitor yet anyway, so will only be playing at 2k. The 3080 was for 'future proofing', but there's no reason I can't upgrade maybe to the '3080 Super' in a couple of years or so. This downgrade also allowed me financially to add an m2 SSD, upgraded from the Ryzen 9 3900X to the Ryzen 9 3900XT and added better cooling too...so that's a few perks I guess. I'll keep you updated when I eventually go into build (hopefully I won't be waiting another 32 days lol).
All - changed my order at around midnight last night and it has gone into building already :)

xdcdoc

Woohooo - thanks PCS - they have moved me into the build queue ater downgrading to 3070... that was fast.

Bit gutted... i do have a 4k monitor... but it is only 60hz so bit less pressure to get a monster card... and I'm prepared to accept that I cant have ultra settings on some games or have to go for a lower resolution sometimes.

Hopefully i don't regret missing out on a 3080 too much... can always upgrade in a couple of years.

dieselnut

I've made it into the build queue - don't know if it's a different, or specific edition of the 3080 as it is water cooled along with the rest of the system but that was good news!! I'd actually stopped checking as it was getting depressing, but it went into build yesterday!