RTX 3080

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Funnily enough, I actually have been administering the vaccine over the past three weeks. Sadly, most of the OAPs don’t give a hoot about cable management. One of them even turned his hearing aids off halfway through my sermon.

View attachment 22483
Those ones circled in red look a little slack :ROFLMAO:

1613596794467.png

Jamie1111188

Wow got mine wayy back in november, when 30 working days wait felt like a lot. Seeing guys on here now at 90 i dnno if i coulda waited that long xD

Wuffles

Wow got mine wayy back in november, when 30 working days wait felt like a lot. Seeing guys on here now at 90 i dnno if i coulda waited that long xD
And there we have proof positive that as a post brexit nation we have moved forward .... Hubris is no longer a hate crime

kozuki

Enthusiast
After waiting for 88 days for the machine to be sent off, now it's FedEx's turn to annoy me with the waiting. I wonder if their forum has a similar thread for people who ordered new PCs. Currently my rig finally reached Paris airport after a week of driving around Leeds and London, still a way to go...

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Just amazed at how patient people are, with things as they are right now theres not much to do. Makes the wait feel even longer.
What else is there to do? Nothing to do with patience every day seems like another I’m beginning to not be able to tell weekdays or weekends apart now. I’m in double digits tomorrow for working days seems like I only ordered a couple of days ago and it doesn’t move into pre-production for a couple of days either.

One week of February left already. Time is racing past.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This...

1613596794467-png.22484

...and this....

eef6b4d2-386c-419c-b76e-3c184a509ad5-jpg.22485

...are lovely to look at - until you have a problem and need to trace one of those cables. Then you'll be cursing the OCD nutter who set it up using the same coloured cables all tightly strapped like that. I'm all for neatness but spare a thought for the poor devil who has to fault-find in there!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This...

1613596794467-png.22484

...and this....

eef6b4d2-386c-419c-b76e-3c184a509ad5-jpg.22485

...are lovely to look at - until you have a problem and need to trace one of those cables. Then you'll be cursing the OCD nutter who set it up using the same coloured cables all tightly strapped like that. I'm all for neatness but spare a thought for the poor devil who has to fault-find in there!
Totally understand where you coming from (y) :ROFLMAO:

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
I'm on 87 days and want to make an edit to my specification. Any chance that this could impact my position in the 3080 queue?

Rakk

The Awesome
I'm on 87 days and want to make an edit to my specification. Any chance that this could impact my position in the 3080 queue?

No it shouldn't affect you spot in the main queue - though obviously if you select something that is also has stock issues that could delay it.
There is no separate 3080 queue.

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
No it shouldn't affect you spot in the main queue - though obviously if you select something that is also has stock issues that could delay it.
There is no separate 3080 queue.
Cheers, just taking the opportunity to upgrade my SSD to a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2

Seems like something amiss with the configurator. Tells me I need a PSU > 750w and when I choose one of the 850w, it tells me it's too big and that my max load is 688w included a 20% allowance!

Good to see that they are specifically highlighting that pre-order items clearly on the check spec stage.

1613647515565.png
1613647544364.png

Rakk

The Awesome
Seems like something amiss with the configurator. Tells me I need a PSU > 750w and when I choose one of the 850w, it tells me it's too big and that my max load is 688w included a 20% allowance!
You may need to ring them to change it then I'm afraid (there will be a hefty wait - check what the phone charges will be and if you have an inclusive minutes in your phone contract if you don't know), I've heard of a few issues recently where there have been problems editing orders on there

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
You may need to ring them to change it then I'm afraid (there will be a hefty wait - check what the phone charges will be and if you have an inclusive minutes in your phone contract if you don't know), I've heard of a few issues recently where there have been problems editing orders on there
Decided to take advantage and upgrade to the CORSAIR 850W HXi SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM, couldn't face spending an hour of my life on hold, thanks for the advice.