RTX 3080

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Question?
If you reach 100, do you you receive an email congratulating you from The Queen?
Or do you receive a signed photo of RuPaul* as congratulations from A Queen ?

* This originally was going to be Danny La Rue but that would give away my age :rolleyes:
You get guaranteed entry to silicon heaven... I will also post a pic of a cake for each of you.

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
Question?
If you reach 100, do you you receive an email congratulating you from The Queen?
Or do you receive a signed photo of RuPaul* as congratulations from A Queen ?

* This originally was going to be Danny La Rue but that would give away my age :rolleyes:
I'm certainly more than old enough!

oliverlmao

Today I left the 3080 queue and joined the 3090 queue, I'd only been waiting for about 7 days but it's been a fun ride. Godspeed ladies and gentlemen.

BBroadhurst

does the 3090 have a shorted queue?
I believe they were getting done faster (Probably because it's an extra £600 for not £600 improvement (In my opinion)) But not sure atm due to the Chinese New year. The 3080 is the most ordered card out of the 4 so I do believe all others are shorter but will still have wait times.

Edit: Just checked and to upgrade to a 3090 currently is £750 more 😲

RobertCrentis146

I believe they were getting done faster (Probably because it's an extra £600 for not £600 improvement (In my opinion)) But not sure atm due to the Chinese New year. The 3080 is the most ordered card out of the 4 so I do believe all others are shorter but will still have wait times.

Edit: Just checked and to upgrade to a 3090 currently is £750 more 😲
yeah agreed. Unless you work in 3d graphics or something it's absolutely not worth it to pay that much for 10% better performance and a bunch more vram (which again, you definitely will never need unless you're using it for graphics work etc)

BBroadhurst

yeah agreed. Unless you work in 3d graphics or something it's absolutely not worth it to pay that much for 10% better performance and a bunch more vram (which again, you definitely will never need unless you're using it for graphics work etc)
Was tempted to downgrade to the RTX 3070 as it was going quicker but as I am so far into waiting for the 3080 and the 3080 is what I wanted so it's a good enough reason to just stick it out and wait. I'm lucky that my current PC is still fully operational (Feel bad for anyone with PC difficulties) and allows me to do my work and some gaming etc. So when my PC finally arrives with the 3080 it will be a nice upgrade :D (But have no need for a 3090)

Intresting article on nvidias new approach to the 3080 situation new cpu,s to target miners and hamstringing the new 3060 to make it a no no for potential miners

GeForce Is Made for Gaming, CMP Is Made to Mine
We’re limiting the hash rate of GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs so they’re less desirable to miners and launching NVIDIA CMP for professional mining.

We are gamers, through and through. We obsess about new gaming features, new architectures, new games and tech. We designed GeForce GPUs for gamers, and gamers are clamoring for more.

Yet NVIDIA GPUs are programmable. And users are constantly discovering new applications for them, from weather simulation and gene sequencing to deep learning and robotics. Mining cryptocurrency is one of them.

With the launch of GeForce RTX 3060 on Feb. 25, we’re taking an important step to help ensure GeForce GPUs end up in the hands of gamers.

Halving Hash Rate
RTX 3060 software drivers are designed to detect specific attributes of the Ethereum cryptocurrency mining algorithm, and limit the hash rate, or cryptocurrency mining efficiency, by around 50 percent.

That only makes sense. Our GeForce RTX GPUs introduce cutting-edge technologies — such as RTX real-time ray-tracing, DLSS AI-accelerated image upscaling technology, Reflex super-fast response rendering for the best system latency, and many more — tailored to meet the needs of gamers and those who create digital experiences.

To address the specific needs of Ethereum mining, we’re announcing the NVIDIA CMP, or, Cryptocurrency Mining Processor, product line for professional mining.

CMP products — which don’t do graphics — are sold through authorized partners and optimized for the best mining performance and efficiency. They don’t meet the specifications required of a GeForce GPU and, thus, don’t impact the availability of GeForce GPUs to gamers.

For instance, CMP lacks display outputs, enabling improved airflow while mining so they can be more densely packed. CMPs also have a lower peak core voltage and frequency, which improves mining power efficiency.

Creating tailored products for customers with specific needs delivers the best value for customers. With CMP, we can help miners build the most efficient data centers while preserving GeForce RTX GPUs for gamers.

Last edited:

rich1241

Intresting article on nvidias new approach to the 3080 situation new cpu,s to target miners and hamstringing the new 3060 to make it a no no for potential miners

GeForce Is Made for Gaming, CMP Is Made to Mine
We’re limiting the hash rate of GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs so they’re less desirable to miners and launching NVIDIA CMP for professional mining.

We are gamers, through and through. We obsess about new gaming features, new architectures, new games and tech. We designed GeForce GPUs for gamers, and gamers are clamoring for more.

Yet NVIDIA GPUs are programmable. And users are constantly discovering new applications for them, from weather simulation and gene sequencing to deep learning and robotics. Mining cryptocurrency is one of them.

With the launch of GeForce RTX 3060 on Feb. 25, we’re taking an important step to help ensure GeForce GPUs end up in the hands of gamers.

Halving Hash Rate
RTX 3060 software drivers are designed to detect specific attributes of the Ethereum cryptocurrency mining algorithm, and limit the hash rate, or cryptocurrency mining efficiency, by around 50 percent.

That only makes sense. Our GeForce RTX GPUs introduce cutting-edge technologies — such as RTX real-time ray-tracing, DLSS AI-accelerated image upscaling technology, Reflex super-fast response rendering for the best system latency, and many more — tailored to meet the needs of gamers and those who create digital experiences.

To address the specific needs of Ethereum mining, we’re announcing the NVIDIA CMP, or, Cryptocurrency Mining Processor, product line for professional mining.

CMP products — which don’t do graphics — are sold through authorized partners and optimized for the best mining performance and efficiency. They don’t meet the specifications required of a GeForce GPU and, thus, don’t impact the availability of GeForce GPUs to gamers.

For instance, CMP lacks display outputs, enabling improved airflow while mining so they can be more densely packed. CMPs also have a lower peak core voltage and frequency, which improves mining power efficiency.

Creating tailored products for customers with specific needs delivers the best value for customers. With CMP, we can help miners build the most efficient data centers while preserving GeForce RTX GPUs for gamers.
Interesting article indeed....this was the main point for all of us still waiting “It’s extremely unlikely that stock levels will return to something approaching normalcy until Nvidia can actually produce enough cards to meet demand. This could take months, even if the CMP range doesn’t slow it down further.”

Months! Suddenly my 65 day wait feels like it might be some time longer 😩

kozuki

Enthusiast
wow yeah, suddenly after my 88 day wait everyone's gone even further to 90s, I feel like I jumped into the last train with good numbers. Currently still waiting for my machine to arrive (it's 4h drive away currently in the process of being cleared from customs). I wonder which card I got, i'll try to not rub it into your faces once it gets here haha

AndrewJohnson263

So glad I put my order in 28 days ago, knowing I didn't actually need a replacement PC until June. Just got to keep my fingers crossed that the situation improves by then.

Aronas

According pcgamesn article :
To put this in perspective, Hardware Times reports that AIB partners (third-parties like Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc.) are currently receiving fewer than 20 units of Nvidia RTX 3080 graphics cards per country in the South Asian region, with a slight uptick at the end of February. China is the only exception with around 100 units this month, but miners and those with a bit of influence are likely to snap them up directly from the factory, as the remainder carry an inflated price tag for the consumer.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
It’s finally happened...
242C170A-F4BF-4556-8D82-CF75BA09B8A2.jpeg

Hope @KiLLJoY you’ve got the same?

@AgentCooper I may still need the cake (picture) but will update when I’ve heard more