RTX 3080

kozuki

Enthusiast
my machine is finally here! happy to say that everything is working so far, the box was quite ok after being in FedEx's hands for 2+ weeks, but all connections seemed to be in place (I checked anyway), no issues starting up, cable management is spot on, fans working correctly, the only bad is that the plastic hinges to open side panels broke off during transit and one of the magnetic pop-in thingies in a side panel broke off as well, but that really doesn't make it look any worse and it's still tight when closed. full post and pictures will follow later! specs in my signature. Keep up the spirits here, it's worth the wait in the end!
By the way, I got a Zotac 3080 AMP Holo

Last edited:

RosSin

Im honestly pondering just giving in and amending the order without the gpu and waiting until the situation resolves. I dont know if I can be bothered waiting until summer. Sigh...

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Im honestly pondering just giving in and amending the order without the gpu and waiting until the situation resolves. I dont know if I can be bothered waiting until summer. Sigh...
If you do this, then what are you going to use instead of the GPU. Also you warranty would start on the day you get sent the PC, Unless you need it or have an alternative GPU I'd wait.

itsmarc

I'm getting there myself really - as the weather gets a bit better, and as lockdown slowly relaxes, I'm probably not going to be spending nearly as much time in front of my PC as I have been since November last year. I contemplated changing to a pure AMD build (my current order is based around the i9-10850k and a 3080) with a 5800x and 6900XT, but I don't like any of the AM4 motherboards PCS offers, and I suspect I'd feel that I was missing out on RT and DLSS. Then I thought about moving to a 3090, after people were reporting getting theirs earlier after changing their orders, but by the time I wanted to go for it, the upgrade cost had changed from around 670 to over 810 and that killed that idea.

My current 6700K and 1080Ti will last a bit longer, so I'm giving some serious though about just cancelling my order and waiting until later in the year in the hopes that stock (and by proxy, the crazy prices) have calmed down by then. The only snag is that I have a pass-down chain in waiting (passing this pc to my wife, and she's giving her 1070-based Alienware m17 laptop to her daughter).

I suspect this is just as frustrating for PCS and other retailers as it is for us consumers.

RosSin

If you do this, then what are you going to use instead of the GPU. Also you warranty would start on the day you get sent the PC, Unless you need it or have an alternative GPU I'd wait.
I have a 1080ti in my current build and its still plenty good. The only thing stopping me is thinking that the next release of GPU's may be just as affected as the 30 series/ 6000 series.

RosSin

I'm getting there myself really - as the weather gets a bit better, and as lockdown slowly relaxes, I'm probably not going to be spending nearly as much time in front of my PC as I have been since November last year. I contemplated changing to a pure AMD build (my current order is based around the i9-10850k and a 3080) with a 5800x and 6900XT, but I don't like any of the AM4 motherboards PCS offers, and I suspect I'd feel that I was missing out on RT and DLSS. Then I thought about moving to a 3090, after people were reporting getting theirs earlier after changing their orders, but by the time I wanted to go for it, the upgrade cost had changed from around 670 to over 810 and that killed that idea.

My current 6700K and 1080Ti will last a bit longer, so I'm giving some serious though about just cancelling my order and waiting until later in the year in the hopes that stock (and by proxy, the crazy prices) have calmed down by then. The only snag is that I have a pass-down chain in waiting (passing this pc to my wife, and she's giving her 1070-based Alienware m17 laptop to her daughter).

I suspect this is just as frustrating for PCS and other retailers as it is for us consumers.
Yeah I went through all those considerations and even looked at other builders but PCS seem to be the cheapest by a decent margin. The 3090 just seems so absurdly overpriced for a 10% performance gain at best. Mine is purely for gaming so the 5800x seemed like a fair bet but the 10850 or 10900k perform very similiarly in games fps wise.

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
96 days puts it as an order date of 16th October I think. Day 94 for me today. Hopefully this week 🤞

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
1614630638237.png

Wow, within a couple of minutes of my above post, it has gone into building!

ye olde PC gave up today, already going a little bit insane. r9 290s been going this long. Good cards to be fair. Think it was the PSU that gave up though, had them in SLI which must have stressed it.

I’m a 60 day peasant and i’m hoping for a miracle now to get mine before I go loopy with this lockdown and nothing to do

Any suggestions to get this faster? I was considering asking PCS to just send me the parts and I’ll build it myself to avoid the build time but I doubt I’d get the warranty

Wish me luck, I haven’t gone mad with boredom yet

Rakk

The Awesome
Any suggestions to get this faster? I was considering asking PCS to just send me the parts and I’ll build it myself to avoid the build time but I doubt I’d get the warranty
They will not send you it in pieces, they sell only fully built PC's, if you want the 3080 you will just have to wait I'm afraid as the stocks of said cards are few and far between (globally) - in other words even if they could send you in pieces you'd still have a hefty wait anyway