RTX 3080

JonathanD

Also on 98 days today. I'll be really cross if anyone on a shorter wait jumps ahead! but in fairness I am not keeping an eye on other components, it's just too much to track (and frankly shouldn't have to):

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core CPU (4.7GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive2TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
So my order was built and booked on for dispatch on Tuesday. I finally thought it was 3080 time on Wednesday!
Got a bit concerned when the tracking didn’t show it had been collected by DPD.
After chasing a few times, I found out that my build had been placed into the Saturday delivery pile, despite it being on a weekday delivery, so DPD had never collected it.
Unfortunately nothing can be done to upgrade it to a Saturday delivery now, so it will hopefully be delivered Monday.
Of course I am extremely happy that my order has been built, but I’ve never felt more impatient knowing that it’s sat there ready to go, but hasn’t been collected!

EDIT: I have just received an email from DPD saying it will be delivered tomorrow. PCS have sent me a credit note refund also. I’m not sure at this point. It will arrive when it arrives!

Last edited:

flamingo

How much did it cost you?

Also for anyone who knows, can you get your own 3080 when you've ordered a liquid series build? Do you have to send them the card? I'm not sure how it works
£649 from [a competitor company - name removed], they have drops every couple of weeks for the FE cards. I had alerts on and was lucky enough to grab one of the pile before they sold out.

Well, after 79 working days waiting (and spending way too long spent in discord alert groups), I finally (somehow) managed to grab a 3080 from Scan, so that's another one out of the 3080 queue for you guys. I wish you all the best of luck, and enjoy your systems when you eventually get your hands on them. It's been probably unhealthy, but somewhat comforting heading to this thread every day to read through everyone's posts. I feel like we could all be lifelong friends having been on this wild ride together!
what discord alert groups?

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
8C20A53B-189C-4267-8192-93C98A54BF50.jpeg

New desk arrived, so picture as promised, still waiting for chair, mouse mat and headset holder, as you can see I’m currently using my second monitor for that. Nothing fancy with the desk, but spacious and does the job.

Zoqzh

So I’ve just went into building on my 3080 system :D after removing the 3080 after buying the founders edition. For everyone asking about this I used the part alert discord and you can get one at RRP (if your lucky) I did see a moderator post a discord so I assume it’s okay to post as I was unsure before. I hope all of you the best and to get one it is very taxing. At least I’ve fewed up a spot in the que and here’s to hoping the stock situation improves and you all get your systems very soon. Amazing response times as soon as I removed the GPU from PCS.