RTX 3080

rouchie

Rising Star
This just makes matters worse for me, twenty cards a month? And a backlog of 1600 minimum orders? :(

Seriously time to throw in the towel.
By that logic the wait time would be 6 years and 8 months just to clear the backlog let alone any new orders!

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
By that logic the wait time would be 6 years and 8 months just to clear the backlog let alone any new orders!
Was taken from this on the previous page...

‘The good news is that it is unlikely to get worse but with most providers only getting 20 cards per month per country, the wait is real’

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
So...

December orders looking like April
January orders looking like May
February orders looking like June

On that basis? Unless they suddenly have 1000 cards delivered? Theres probably more chance of winning the lottery than a 1000 cards coming in in one batch to be honest.

Quagga

So...

December orders looking like April
January orders looking like May
February orders looking like June

On that basis? Unless they suddenly have 1000 cards delivered? Theres probably more chance of winning the lottery than a 1000 cards coming in in one batch to be honest.
Maybe...

I think in reality you had a big lot of orders when the 3080 came out (Sep?) and then another spike in early Nov when the AMD chips arrived. Basically all the early adopters piling in. And I suspect after that it's been back to normal.

So I think it's heartening to see 11th Nov orders getting fulfilled as that's a week or so after the AMD launch. I would therefore expect if deliveries hold up (big if obviously), your March orders might actually happen in late May i.e 40-50 working days.
Just a hunch though, and I'll check back in in 8 weeks to see if I'm right :D

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Don't forget also you'll lose almost a week due to Bank Holidays so add those on. Two in April and two in May.

GreyDog

Aaaaaaand I'm built and in test! (5600, 3080)

Ordered 11th Nov and went pre pro at 13th, 90 working days

Red alert for anyone who ordered early to mid November right now, and late November should be in a couple of weeks!
Order placed 9th November 91 days and still not in build - hopefully really soon.

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
It arrived! Seems to be in very good condition but I'll have to wait until after work to turn it on. It's a Zotac AMP Holo in case anyone is curious. Was that what others have been getting this past week as well?
I would expect it to be in brand new condition!!

claw

Haha, well there was the odd report here and there of tattered delivery boxes and one guy even had his case shattered. Just wanted to reassure that there were no problems on my end.

Mario464

Day 102... I spoke with Jake, he told me i have all the parts and my pc should be ready for build yesterday and he doesnt see any reason why not, as im 3rd in the que. But im stil in pre-production 🙂 nobody cares..

Skycoach

Quick update so you know what'scoming your way.

After 95 days. our PC was one of the batch built last week, despatched to DPD on Friday PC, and arrived (unexpectedly) in Scotland on Saturday, rather than Monday.

As you see it's a tidy no frills build in an classic Obsidian, and my son is very pleased with it; he'd been soldiering on with an FX8250 and 970 for the last four years, but now he's seeing Skyrim VR in shocking fluidity and experience off the scale rendering on Dragon Ball.

So we are happy to confirm: the 3080 is well worth the wait. (And by the way, it's much quieter than expected)

Am signing off on this thread now; thanks for the support, and all the best of luck in your orders!

IMG-20210313-WA0011.jpg

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Aaaaaaand I'm built and in test! (5600, 3080)

Ordered 11th Nov and went pre pro at 13th, 90 working days

Red alert for anyone who ordered early to mid November right now, and late November should be in a couple of weeks!
Good to hear, I've got the same combo and on 82 working days (20th nov order date). Hopefully I'll only be a few more weeks to a month.

Good to hear, I've got the same combo and on 82 working days (20th nov order date). Hopefully I'll only be a few more weeks to a month.
same combination, 61 working days. Ordered shortly after Christmas.

Hope things start to move a little quicker and by the time I get to where you are, it should be close to finishing.