RTX 3080

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
I called to check they'd received my case as it was delivered this morning and I hadn't heard from them at all, and the guy on the phone told me I don't have a card assigned and the next shipment isn't until the 2nd of April - and even then, that might not fulfil my card.
My 91 days is looking to increase a fair bit :(

Thought it was weird because the guy I spoke to on Friday had told me the only bit they were missing was my case!

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
After seeing all these messages of people going into building at around the 90 day mark I thought my time was near! Original order placed 18/11 and sitting on 88 days in pre-prod. I thought I'd check in with the chat team as I'd changed my case and wasn't sure it was in stock. It seems that I've unfortunately had my expectations all wrong. My original order was for a 6800XT card (also a pre-order card released on 18/11) and after having a few email discussions with the PCS support team and advised that the stock coming in for that particular card was significantly lower than the 3080 and I'd be better off switching to a 3080 as there is a slightly better supply (all be it still very slim) I decided I would switch my order to the 3080. Unfortunately I wasn't made aware that by switching I would effectively be forfeiting my place at the front of the 6800XT queue to join the back of the 3080 queue. So it looks like the reality is my 88 days in pre-prod only equates to about 70 3080 pre-prod days. Guess I'll be sticking around these forums a little longer after all.....
Just further to this, I explicitly asked PCS if changing from the 6800xt to the 3080 would remove me from the front of the 6800xt queue and put me at the back of the 3080 queue to which I was told that PCS is a PC outfitter and doesn't have separate queues for individual parts and that the queue is based on the original order date. This was back in December prior to the new process brought in to stop the loophole of people submitting orders with a do not dispatch before date and then changing their builds to include pre-order parts to jump to the front of the queue. Anyway, I've submitted a formal complaint to PCS as that seems to be the right process to go down so I guess we see what happens next. This doesn't reflect negatively on any of the PCS employees I've spoken too who have all be absolutely excellent and go the extra mile to help. Just a classic case of moving goal posts retrospectively 🙈

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just further to this, I explicitly asked PCS if changing from the 6800xt to the 3080 would remove me from the front of the 6800xt queue and put me at the back of the 3080 queue to which I was told that PCS is a PC outfitter and doesn't have separate queues for individual parts and that the queue is based on the original order date. This was back in December prior to the new process brought in to stop the loophole of people submitting orders with a do not dispatch before date and then changing their builds to include pre-order parts to jump to the front of the queue. Anyway, I've submitted a formal complaint to PCS as that seems to be the right process to go down so I guess we see what happens next. This doesn't reflect negatively on any of the PCS employees I've spoken too who have all be absolutely excellent and go the extra mile to help. Just a classic case of moving goal posts retrospectively 🙈
Switching GPU’s doesn’t affect your place in the queue, not sure where you’re hearing that?

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Switching GPU’s doesn’t affect your place in the queue, not sure where you’re hearing that?
See that's what I thought prior to my chat conversation this morning and also what I was told in December over email. But at this point I don't know what is and isn't the case anymore. If changing from one pre-order GPU to another does move you to the back of the queue for that GPU I suspect there would be quite a few posts about it by now. Different messages from PCS sources is a little disconcerting though......I'd just assumed there had been a change in policy. Hopefully I get a response to my email soon so I can share the situation.

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
See that's what I thought prior to my chat conversation this morning and also what I was told in December over email. But at this point I don't know what is and isn't the case anymore. If changing from one pre-order GPU to another does move you to the back of the queue for that GPU I suspect there would be quite a few posts about it by now. Different messages from PCS sources is a little disconcerting though......I'd just assumed there had been a change in policy. Hopefully I get a response to my email soon so I can share the situation.
Ive switched my GPU, can confirm it wont affect your place in queue as my PC was built shortly after. I have been enjoying 4k gaming since january :D

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Thought I'd jump back onto the chat team to get a second opinion. Second staff member also saying 14/12. But if you guys are saying you've done the exact same thing and not been impacted.....what a mess. Any PCS staff members want to come and clear this one up? :ROFLMAO:

Rclark17

I called to check they'd received my case as it was delivered this morning and I hadn't heard from them at all, and the guy on the phone told me I don't have a card assigned and the next shipment isn't until the 2nd of April - and even then, that might not fulfil my card.
My 91 days is looking to increase a fair bit :(

Thought it was weird because the guy I spoke to on Friday had told me the only bit they were missing was my case!
Damn, thats super strange. They get 3080s every week supposedly. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get some more info! :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thought I'd jump back onto the chat team to get a second opinion. Second staff member also saying 14/12. But if you guys are saying you've done the exact same thing and not been impacted.....what a mess. Any PCS staff members want to come and clear this one up? :ROFLMAO:
PCS don’t monitor the forums. This isn’t a communication channel to them, none of us work for them.

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
PCS don’t monitor the forums. This isn’t a communication channel to them, none of us work for them.
Was a long shot, I remember a staff member posting a while back to address the loophole people had been exploiting to jump the queue. I'm going for 3rd opinion via phone, I'll let you know what they say.

Rclark17

Standard 3080 was allocated to my build but had to wait until last Friday for a delivery of the 5800x :cool:
That’s mint man! What sort of games have you played on it, I can’t wait to finally enjoy the full capabilities of my 1440p 165 hx monitor!

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Damn, thats super strange. They get 3080s every week supposedly. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get some more info! :D
To be fair, the guy also told me I had to be patient because the average wait time was 2 and a half months, when I've been waiting for over 5 months now 😭 so I don't know. If you find out anything that'd be amazing

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Was a long shot, I remember a staff member posting a while back to address the loophole people had been exploiting to jump the queue. I'm going for 3rd opinion via phone, I'll let you know what they say.
So the outcome of the call was that as everyone here has said, I'm in the queue from 18/11 not 14/12 (Phew), 88 working days reinstated. Back on that End of March/earlyish April PC delivery hype train! (PCS probably should review their training process though as I was given the wrong information by 2 different staff members. I understand how much pressure they are all under at the moment though so slack cut, water under the bridge and all that).

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
That’s mint man! What sort of games have you played on it, I can’t wait to finally enjoy the full capabilities of my 1440p 165 hx monitor!

Not quite fun time yet but getting close :cool:

1616440226712.png

Went into build last Friday when PCS took delivery of the 5800x.