RTX 3080

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Just hit the big nine-oh. Suspect I'll be waiting for a while yet... I'm on for the 5950 and Strix 3080... So, when was the last time anyone got a Strix? I don't really want to drop to a regular 3080 because I'm not a fan of the lottery, and I built my rig to have the RGB work together (all Corsair and Asus), but the waiting is killing me - I'm like old Rose in Titanic.
The whole process is a lottery. You could get to building then your case is out of stock, or your cooler or your motherboard.

ruddynho

Fellas, I’ve spoken to PCS and I’ve got good and bad news,
The good news are that I ordered on the 19th of November 2020 and I’m within the top 70 in the queue, meaning anyone who ordered before me will most definately get their card on the next shipment...
...the bad news are that the next shipment of 3080s isn’t until 2nd of April 😅 he did say that it’s looking good for that shipment though! The other bad news for me were that I had to change my cooler from my white RGB h100 RGB platinum to a black h115 elite capellix, because the other cooler was not in stock despite me ordering it over 60 days ago! Strange.

Strap in and get those payday upgrades ordered ready for early April! 😆
where did you get that information?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I was going to reply with that then thought I don't want to look like a smartarse 🤣
I have no such qualms...

DCC4D0BC-2B25-4335-8D29-58D86C7DEB5C.gif

Scully

92 working days here. I phoned and was told I'm about 50th in queue and expected to build next week...that was prior to the canal blockage however so who knows

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
92 working days here. I phoned and was told I'm about 50th in queue and expected to build next week...that was prior to the canal blockage however so who knows
At 90 here, hopefully I'll get into build in the next few weeks. 5600x for the CPU.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
You got a queue position? Didn’t think they were doing those at all.

68 days here, just a wee bit longer now.
I didn’t think they were doing queue positions either, but even if they are the queue position is probably on looking at one part, that being the 3080, so isn’t accurate as doesn’t factor in the wait time on other parts

Rclark17

I think they only give out approximate queue position information when it’s really close, like within a few weeks. That way they can give somewhat a reasonable prediction of when you’ll receive your card without the risk of being completely off

Wozzaa

Tove
11:04 AM
one moment please

We have one in stock for your order 🙂
warren
11:20 AM
good to know, is there any thing else that could hold my order up & when can I expect delivery?👍
Tove
11:23 AM
Only waiting for sufficient stock of the 3080 card :/
warren
11:27 AM
Do you know where i'm in the line? I know you've been asked that a million times😄
Tove
11:38 AM
I can't give you any exact queue position, we are fulfilling orders from beginning of November currentl, but no ETA on incoming stock :/
warren
11:39 AM
Ok thanks for help Tove, have a good day👍
Tove
11:43 AM
Best I could do for now! Let us know if you need more help 🙂 you too, stay safe!

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Tove
one moment please

warren
good to know, is there any thing else that could hold my order up & when can I expect delivery?👍
Tove
warren
Do you know where i'm in the line? I know you've been asked that a million times😄
Tove
I can't give you any exact queue position, we are fulfilling orders from beginning of November currentl, but no ETA on incoming stock :/
warren
Tove
Best I could do for now! Let us know if you need more help 🙂 you too, stay safe!
Wonder if that means that the April 2nd delivery of 3080s has been affected :(
I'm due to hit 100 days on Friday - I hope I'm not waiting too much longer

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Tove
one moment please

warren
Tove
warren
Tove
warren
Tove

Just further to this, I explicitly asked PCS if changing from the 6800xt to the 3080 would remove me from the front of the 6800xt queue and put me at the back of the 3080 queue to which I was told that PCS is a PC outfitter and doesn't have separate queues for individual parts and that the queue is based on the original order date. This was back in December prior to the new process brought in to stop the loophole of people submitting orders with a do not dispatch before date and then changing their builds to include pre-order parts to jump to the front of the queue. Anyway, I've submitted a formal complaint to PCS as that seems to be the right process to go down so I guess we see what happens next. This doesn't reflect negatively on any of the PCS employees I've spoken too who have all be absolutely excellent and go the extra mile to help. Just a classic case of moving goal posts retrospectively 🙈
Just further to this, I received a response from the complaints team over the weekend. The highlights were 'Can confirm we work on the oldest order, so it would be based on the date you placed the order not the date you changed your card to the RTX 3080'. So this is just another confirmation that we discussed last week. She then went on to say 'The majority of orders at the front of the queue are now in the second week in November'. So hopefully that is slightly more positive news than you got given over chat @Wozzaa