RTX 3080

KyberKai_

I see the warning about stock levels has been removed when selecting the 3080.

A few days ago it said ETA was 15th September now there's no warning. Does this mean there is now stock for new orders?

SiAdams

A few days ago it said ETA was 15th September now there's no warning. Does this mean there is now stock for new orders?
I guess so mate. I feel like there is only a few of us in this thread now. But I noticed that myself that the ETA doesn’t show up anymore.

how many days you been waiting?

RichLan564

Bright Spark

ooohhh, i'm tempted to change my 3070Ti to a 3080 now for another £100, but i have porbably spent enough now to be fair, must leave "Amend Order" link alone......

KyberKai_

I guess so mate. I feel like there is only a few of us in this thread now. But I noticed that myself that the ETA doesn’t show up anymore.

how many days you been waiting?

I actually haven't ordered yet. I'm looking to get a new build as a birthday gift so if there was still a significant wait I'd need to order now. Likewise if the stock is available then ordering now would be way too soon !

Cristiany

That was fast

SmartSelect_20210810-195843_Chrome.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Those days have dropped so sharply! I wonder what changed all of a sudden?
I imagine the ban on crypto-mining in China has had a huge effect. Second hand cards are flooding the market over there. Combine that with the fact that these newer cards are now being released with a lower hash rate (meaning they’re useless for mining) and there’s suddenly a huge sector of the market taken away. It takes time but eventually the benefits swing round to us normal people!

Roballix

Congrats all the younglings getting their 3080 orders early. With crypto on the rise again, I wouldn't count on availability being a constant so don't hang about :)

I've had issues with USB ports on my AMD build, and apparently this is a common thing. Be sure to update the bios and if you still have issues, plug in stuff after the machine has started. Also, disabling fast start-up helped.

I will say that the Fractal Define 7 quiet case, as well as being INSANELY heavy is INSANELY quiet. My laptop's fan is literally louder, it's crazy. Very pleased overall.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Congrats all the younglings getting their 3080 orders early. With crypto on the rise again, I wouldn't count on availability being a constant so don't hang about :)

I've had issues with USB ports on my AMD build, and apparently this is a common thing. Be sure to update the bios and if you still have issues, plug in stuff after the machine has started. Also, disabling fast start-up helped.

I will say that the Fractal Define 7 quiet case, as well as being INSANELY heavy is INSANELY quiet. My laptop's fan is literally louder, it's crazy. Very pleased overall.
Related to this, make sure you contact PCS for any BIOS updates as updating without their approval could void your warranty as per terms and conditions:

7.9We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation.
Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.