RTX3070 & RTX3080 obsolete after just over a year.................

PauFen

Looks like the worst possible time to have ordered my new build... yet again :ROFLMAO: (with the Ryzen refresh just around the corner as well).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Maybe time to upgrade the 2070 Super ;) :ROFLMAO:

There's also news just hit that AMD have just unveiled insane graphics performance at the datacenter level on the CDNA2 architecture, up to 4.9 times faster than the competition!!!, it leaves NVidia fully behind in the dust. I wouldn't be surprised if this trickles down to the desktop on the next cards.

Tech is just rocketing along at the moment, so many major improvements across the board, it's uber exciting.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Tech is just rocketing along at the moment, so many major improvements across the board, it's uber exciting
Certainly is that, all this new tech and christmas at the same time, reckon we'll end up with the silly wait times we did this time last year...........

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Obsolete is a strong word, I don’t think we’ll see piles of 3070 and 3080 cards discarded in giant heaps just yet. They’re still going to be viable for a few years, it might just preclude owners from experiencing ultimate top tier performance.

Anyway, as long as FTL, Max Payne 2 and Into the Breach don’t suddenly get an insane RTX update I’ll be fine.

(Now playing Sniper Elite 4, looks belting with a 3070 🙂)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Obsolete is a strong word, I don’t think we’ll see piles of 3070 and 3080 cards discarded in giant heaps just yet. They’re still going to be viable for a few years, it might just preclude owners from experiencing ultimate top tier performance.

Anyway, as long as FTL, Max Payne 2 and Into the Breach don’t suddenly get an insane RTX update I’ll be fine.

(Now playing Sniper Elite 4, looks belting with a 3070 🙂)
@AgentCooper Would Crysis run on one of those soon to be Obsolete cards................. ;):ROFLMAO:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Good I really need an update with the extensive stress I'm putting my 3060Ti under in Binding of Isaac and Graveyard Keeper

Wondering why I even bought a new system, seems I like the idea of playing newer games rather than actually you know... playing them.

Although GOW in January will be on my must play list