Running games on a extended screen. Vortex III

nipplepie

Bronze Level Poster
When my laptop arrives I am hoping to be able to play games on my monitor via HDMI (or VGA). In the past with some games, when you play them on your 2nd monitor, sometimes your mouse would go off to the other screen if you turn fast or whatever while playing the game! I am worried this would happen too, and I will be forced to game on the 17.3" screen, which isn't the end of the world, but I do have a beautiful 24" monitor. Rather not strain my eyes and put it to use.

Will there be an option to like... witch off/disable the laptop screen, when the extended monitor is plugged in?

Teaz

Godlike
You should be able to adjust that problem by having only one screen to display your graphics. You adjust that in screen resolution. right click on desktop and you will see it :)

Oxy

Is it possible to dual monitor as well
Say run a game in one window and have a web browser in the other ?

Teaz

Godlike
Don't see why you can't I'm sure. you can have the browser on the laptop screen while gaming on the separate screen if that's easier.

nipplepie

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I know you can. Put when you do, the curson randomly jumps onto the wrong screen when playing the game. Hope it isn't like that.

Also, I ordered my laptop with 500 Hybrid, and got an SSD from a friend. When I get it, should place the SSD in the 'Primary Disk Bay' for installing the OS on it. Or can I leave my HDD in the Primary one, and put my SSD in the 2nd Disk Bay and still install the OS on

Teaz

Godlike
It shouldn't if you make the display output only to the separate monitor and not the laptop screen so the laptop screen will be off and the graphics will only be displayed on the separate monitor.

I would swap those around, to make things easier. If not, you can send in the ssd and have pcs fit it into the laptop for you so once you get the laptop, it will be ready for use out the box. You just need to notify PCS about it before you send it off.