Ryzen 4000 laptop benchmarks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

A Brief tonic for all the madness around, I've been waiting for this for a loooong time!

This is a very important moment, actual 3rd party benchmarks are out for Ryzen 4000 laptop APU's.

First one up is the R9 4900HS 8C/16T 35W performance beast!

It looks like Intel have lost another crown!!!

Important takeaway here, this is beating the i9 9880H and yet is UNDER HALF the power requirements, and we all know that running an i9 in a laptop = throttling, this one stays well within normal thermals at full pelt.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
It's really tricky. I'm desperate for a new laptop but with so many Ryzen 4000 builds in the pipeline it feels silly to buy anything else right now.

From what I can see PCS still dont have them and the main brands have either been delayed or are out of stock.

Maybe I should just go with 10th gen intel. Upgrading from an 8 year old PCS desktop so I'm sure I'll see an improvement no matter what...

debiruman665

Enthusiast
I'm quite disappointed that Intel have learned nothing after the 9 series and the 10 series of chips is pretty much just more of the same but even more hungrier and hotter that they now need to include an asterisk on the boost speed advertising and giving a fancy new thermal based boost lol.