Ryzen 7 Dedicated Streaming Build

Boyci3

This build is ONLY for streaming, doesn’t need to be special. I was gripped for an Intel i7 but with some research the Ryzen 7 came out on top... What does everyone think ?

Case
PCS P209 RGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight Core
Motherboard
Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz
Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 730
SSD Drive
128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS
Capture Card
Elgato HD60 Pcie

This all comes to £1000, think I buy this tomorrow.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
AMD are releasing the new Ryzen 3000's today along with a new motherboard platform, the X570.

Both are set to smash intel for much less cash, and a big increase over Ryzen 2000.

Best wait till tomorrow.

Boyci3

1C67E52D-3A1E-4490-ABB0-533874801E1C.jpeg

Thanks! Will wait.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's set to be really exciting... watch out for the Ryzen 7 3700x, should be an absolute beast on the X570 platform:

Keep an eye on this thread, there's a link to reviews as they go live:

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So parts have been released, but there's none of the new higher bandwidth memory yet. I'd wait a little while until that's available as Ryzen 3000 really benefits from about 3600MHz RAM (currently only still the 3000mhz stuff).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As I’m building just a streaming computer, is this new Ryzen an over kill ?
When you say streaming what exactly do you mean?

When buying any computer, personally I always go for the latest tech as it lasts a lot longer. This is a whole new platform with new technologies not available on previous platforms, faster SSD's, faster memory support (which AMD massively benefits from), better thermals....

If you can achieve the same platform under the same budget, who really cares if it's overpowered or not, it may be currently, but in the future it's likely the power will be better utilised.

Boyci3

Me again.. just seen the new Ryzen come live.

I just changed that to a Ryzen 7 3700X + Gigabyt X570.

Comes @ £1094.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Me again.. just seen the new Ryzen come live.

I just changed that to a Ryzen 7 3700X + Gigabyt X570.

Comes @ £1094.
As I said, it would be worth waiting for the new RAM to be listed as it will make a big contribution to overall performance on the X570 platform. 3600MHz is the optimum on Ryzen 3000

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
When you say streaming what exactly do you mean?
This.

It looks like you're only using the PC to host the game capture card, i.e. you are not streaming games you are playing on PC but rather streaming games you are running on a console?

Possibly with a little light video editing?

In which case R5 3600 + X570 Gaming X seems more than fine.

Boyci3

This.

It looks like you're only using the PC to host the game capture card, i.e. you are not streaming games you are playing on PC but rather streaming games you are running on a console?

Possibly with a little light video editing?

In which case R5 3600 + X570 Gaming X seems more than fine.

You are right sir, I play Xbox One and stream through an old PC with an AMD FX processor. (Built this 7 years ago!)
I don’t use the computer for anything else.

Do you think the R7 will be a waste ?