Ryzen 9 3900 (ETA: 06-09-2020) Is it worth the Wait?

Grals

I was looking into buying the 15''6 Nova AMD Laptop, and I was expecting to have it around the 20th of August. I wanted the Ryzen 9 but I thought about buying one less powerful, the Ryzen 7 3700X.

Should I wait for the Ryzen 9 or the Ryzen 7 should be enough? Is there so much difference? Thank You.

Grals

Well, from the gaming side of things, it won't make a difference as games are GPU heavy (older flight sims would benefit from a higher CPU). Music production: I would say an R7 would be plenty but it depends how intensive the software you are using is, how any tracks involved etc

The difference between the R7 and R9 is the processing power as the 9 has more cores and threads so can work quicker on multi-threaded tasks.

I'd be inclined to say: If you can afford it and can wait, then I'd go with the R9 as laptops cannot be upgraded. Better to be over-specced in a laptop than under-specced. Or go for another laptop (unless the R9s are delayed on all of them of course)

Thank you so much. That's the kind of response I wanted to recieve.
Regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, from the gaming side of things, it won't make a difference as games are GPU heavy (older flight sims would benefit from a higher CPU). Music production: I would say an R7 would be plenty but it depends how intensive the software you are using is, how any tracks involved etc

The difference between the R7 and R9 is the processing power as the 9 has more cores and threads so can work quicker on multi-threaded tasks.

I'd be inclined to say: If you can afford it and can wait, then I'd go with the R9 as laptops cannot be upgraded. Better to be over-specced in a laptop than under-specced. Or go for another laptop (unless the R9s are delayed on all of them of course)
You can upgrade the CPU in the Nova as it's a desktop variant so it's not soldered on like on normal laptops (Nova is a DTR).

That being said, for your uses, I would probably still opt for the R9, it's just a mahoosive processor!