Ryzen with free games?

Aralon

Hi guys, I am currently pricing around for a new PC. I am planning a system based on a Ryzen 7 3700X with a RTX 2080 Super. Places that I have priced, offer a bundle with the processor that includes 3 months of game pass and a choice of either Outer Worlds or Boardlands 3. I am just wondering, if this is offered here too as when I was building a system there was no mention here at all of it.

I did notice that with the Black Friday deal, you get a free copy of the new COD, is this applied to the RTX 2080 super too or just for the Black Friday deal?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
re COD: the COD:MW + RTX bundle is apparently ending soon (Nvidia T&C said it planned to end 18th Nov - but if PCS are still listing it then I guess they still have available codes - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/campaigns/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-bundle/terms-conditions/ )

It's not just a black Friday thing, it's an nvidia thing and has been around a couple of months.

PCS were definitely listing the free games with the R7 3700x. I'm not sure why they currently aren't. The 3800x still gets both free games (3700x only having one) but ofc has a price premium that won't be worth it for most people.
Perhaps they ran out of codes for a bit but will resume when supply returns? You'd need to ask PCS directly, as the forum is mostly for the customer community and we can only speculate like you. If you do ask them, let us know what they say :)

If you want to post a budget and prospective spec for feedback, go ahead. Even if you're happy choosing your own components, there can always be hidden deals squirrelled away in the PCS configurators (X SSD cheaper and faster than Y) to maximise value.

Aralon

So I rang up, and I was informed the CPU deal that I mentioned only applies to the 3800x and higher. The copy of CoD goes with the RTX 2080 super. The guy on the phone did say what the lowest GPU you have to buy to get the deal, but I forgot what it was. Very nice guy on the phone, didn’t get a name though.

For my system though, I plan to use it mostly for VR. I only play at 1080 res atm, I do plan on upgrading to 1440 very soon.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Probably RTX 2060 - the lowest RTX card - I think the bundle is with all RTX cards.

Anyway, 2080 Super sounds like a good choice for VR, and for 1440p gaming. I'm sure there will be some monitor deals in the coming days across the internet :)

I posted a few suggestions on models here:

The Asus TUF VG32VQ which seems to be some kind of iteration on the XG32VQ, bringing token HDR400, is currently on special offer in a few places. It might be the first 1440p 144hz out of the door for Black Friday deals. if you like fairly large, curved, VA panels, worth a look.