Samsung G7/G9 Odyssey Lineup

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Do you two rate the new Samsung G7 Odyssey's coming out in 1-2 weeks? There's a 27 and 32 inch

They seem cheap for what they are? Or is that my naivety?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Do you two rate the new Samsung G7 Odyssey's coming out in 1-2 weeks? There's a 27 and 32 inch

They seem cheap for what they are? Or is that my naivety?

I've not seen the pricing or anything on those monitors in particular.... but....

Samsung make some of the best panels going. Most manufacturers actually use either Samsung or LG panels.
The G9 Odyssey is just ridiculous. If the family is anything to go with then they are going to be fantastic monitors

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
I've not seen the pricing or anything on those monitors in particular.... but....

Samsung make some of the best panels going. Most manufacturers actually use either Samsung or LG panels.
The G9 Odyssey is just ridiculous. If the family is anything to go with then they are going to be fantastic monitors

They're both cheaper there than on the Samsung site. £450 for 27 and £510 for 32. I've not seen them cheaper anywhere

Both discounted from the RRP

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
At 240hz they are priced to compete but they look designed to obliterate the competition.

There is a lot of buzz around the G9. The G7s look fantastic as well though.

The curve thing is legit. I've never gotten into the curved aspect myself (with my TV), but my Dad did and it's noticeable. For gaming, a 1000R 49" monitor a couple of feet away would be almost 3D I imagine :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

They're both cheaper there than on the Samsung site. £450 for 27 and £510 for 32. I've not seen them cheaper anywhere

Both discounted from the RRP

Yeah that's very.... VERY... competitive pricing. It would be hard to justify even the top end 165hz MSI offering with that sort of kit for less than £100 more.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Yeah that's very.... VERY... competitive pricing. It would be hard to justify even the top end 165hz MSI offering with that sort of kit for less than £100 more.

Haha I am learning!! They're due out July 7. And then the 49 Odyssey 9, £1279 pricetag, is 1-3 weeks later. I've seen conflicting dates for that one.

In terms of GPU, what would you really want to get the most of these beasts? Possibly a next gen job?

(Sorry for butting into consull's thread)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@keithbeaks Your eye was spot on about this range, not only fantastic value but truly great quality, review of the G7 here by Hardware Unboxed who are highly regarded for their thorough testing methodologies:

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Some G9's are being recalled 😬

I bought a 32" G7 for work, realise my GPU isn't worthy of it, and it's fantastic. I have a match on the G7 and bet on my other monitor.

Will look at getting a GPU when the next gen are out from both Nvidia and AMD.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Some G9's are being recalled 😬

I bought a 32" G7 for work, realise my GPU isn't worthy of it, and it's fantastic. I have a match on the G7 and bet on my other monitor.

Will look at getting a GPU when the next gen are out from both Nvidia and AMD.
Yep, looks like the issue is pretty major, they've not actually issued an all out recall, but they've removed listings from marketplaces for now:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Such a shame. At this price though it has to be perfect.
I don't think Samsung will pull it, they must have noticed the attention these monitors have warranted.

If they get it right, even if they lose a few hundred million on an original dud release, they'll reap the benefits.

This would be the go to monitor for almost any enthusiast!