Samsung G9 on order finally!!!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got an Ergotron MX arm holding up my Apple Studio monitor. It was originally bought for my 27" 5k iMac that I forgot to order with the VESA mount, so it was heavier than expected as I couldn't remove the extra 1KG of metal stand. That was about £150 almost 10 years ago.

Been on there since 2015, and the only 'droopiness' issue I had was when I tried to extend the arm too far...but there are allen-key bolts to admits the spring tension, but even at their max tension the 11kg iMac was right on the limit of what it would support with the arm fully extended. Once I adjusted it so that it was at slightly more acute angle it was fine...and has been since.

I suppose your other option - if you're going to set it's position and leave it - would be a more solid + significantly cheaper wall mount?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I suppose your other option - if you're going to set it's position and leave it - would be a more solid + significantly cheaper wall mount?
The desk is going to be in the middle of the room so needs to be a desk mount.

BUT! I just messaged my lovely nerdy cousin who has the CRG9, and he just so happens to have the Ergotron HX plus the HD bracket which he’s no longer using! Should have messaged him first.

Amazon have already despatched but can get that returned.

What an absolute bonus!!!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
BUT! I just messaged my lovely nerdy cousin who has the CRG9, and he just so happens to have the Ergotron HX plus the HD bracket which he’s no longer using!

dude needs to get on the giveaway thread, never know whats behind the sofa

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So unfortunately, my cousin responded and he is using his Ergotron, never mind.

BUT, the Amazon arm arrived today, it's all fitted and so far fingers crossed, it's looking pretty damn stable. I thought the arm would be ok, but I didn't expect the bracket to be able to hold it.

But it's been up now for a couple of hours and not moved.

I don't think it's as easily adjustable as the Ergotron, and the bracket is quite hard to get tightened enough while in place properly without having a second person.

Still needs some minor adjustment, but it will do for now. We'll see if it stands the test of time!

Until I can get these speakers off the desk it's the best I can do

20240305_215728135_iOS.jpg

20240305_215709658_iOS.jpg

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

BUT, the Amazon arm arrived today, it's all fitted and so far fingers crossed, it's looking pretty damn stable. I thought the arm would be ok, but I didn't expect the bracket to be able to hold it.

I don't think it's as easily adjustable as the Ergotron, and the bracket is quite hard to get tightened enough while in place properly without having a second person.

Still needs some minor adjustment, but it will do for now. We'll see if it stands the test of time!

View attachment 40388
View attachment 40389

does look cool

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
just a hint but i take you like family guy in the pic
What's family guy?

I'm a Seth Macfarlane superfan, think the guy is a legend. Except for The Cleveland Show, that SUCKED!

First line of this kinda sums it up:

But even The Orville which I completely ridiculed before eventually watching as it was such a catastrophic rip off, I ended up loving.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have a Samsung G3, is it worth to upgrade to a G9 if I don't do gaming so often?
I wouldn't say so no. There are plenty of ultrawides at the same resolution and size without being so heavily gaming focussed for half the price.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

View attachment 40388
View attachment 40389
It's holding, hasn't budged at all since mounting it.

I thought the bracket mount may gradually loosen and slip, but no, sturdy as anything.

I'd say definite success, really impressed for under half the price of the Ergotron.