Samsung G9 on order finally!!!

D

Deleted member 41971

@SpyderTracks - what do you think? Warning or a ban? 😜

whatever you decree my overlord.

Bowing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm sorry to here about your predicament, your monitor should be here soon enough,

Unless it gets broken, or the driver forgets it, or someone steals it, or a multitude of things really, flood, earthquake, fire, you never know really.

anyway, nighty night, sleep tight.
Lols, literally had palpations!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I`ve been doubtful of these mega superwide screens as they are a bit unwieldy and fairly take up a huge space on the desk . As sceens grows larger than 35-38" it makes it hard to have anything beside it , such as speakers or headset stands . I do realize the immersion and the added experience using one , coming from 24" to 35 " , but given the size it seems to me to be almost tooo big :)
This is not an unpopular opinion. I think it depends what kinds of games / tools you use on the PC.

Space has no importance for me, my PC room is so utterly over cluttered at the moment as it's so small, but all this is planning for moving in a year or so to a larger property where I intend to have my PC in the front room along with a dedicated room for my audio system and records. But I've never been worried about space, I'd rather have to make do but not be hindered by my tech choices in anyway.

Tech comes first, music a close second, space comes last

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
This is not an unpopular opinion. I think it depends what kinds of games / tools you use on the PC.

Space has no importance for me, my PC room is so utterly over cluttered at the moment as it's so small, but all this is planning for moving in a year or so to a larger property where I intend to have my PC in the front room along with a dedicated room for my audio system and records. But I've never been worried about space, I'd rather have to make do but not be hindered by my tech choices in anyway.

Tech comes first, music a close second, space comes last
That sounds like a true geek`s reasoning :) When I got my 35" screen I was considering a wide range of screens to use and added pro`s and cons for each . Size , resolution , features and design . At that time 49" had been released and also 43" super wide . Picking a screen is not just only about matching it to the GPU , but also about all the other stuff . And for me the 35" or even 38" now seems like a better allround montor than the immense Samsung G9 :) The G9 is a true statement of what can be done for monitors .... but it is very deep and like I said unwieldy :) It is kind of comparing a Bugatti Chiron to a Porsche Panamera in a sense :) Both a very fast cars , but only one is a " this can be done regardless of cost " kind of car :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
but it is very deep and like I said unwieldy
Literally makes no difference to me the physical attributes or design, but it is definitely a chunky chassis, no doubt about it. It's simply the performance I'm interested in. Personally though, I really like the design on this monitor. But it could look like a long pizza box and I'd still buy it. I have Noctua fans on my corsair cooler radiator, the original brown ones. Don't give a damn that it looks like a 70's tragedy, only care that they're the best performing fans on the market (or were at the time).

But it's the aspect ratio that grabs me more than anything. I'm bored with normal aspect ratio, I didn't find any mind blowing improvement from 1440p to 4k personally for gaming, not like I did from 1080p to 1440p, and actually preferred 1440p for it's overall performance.

But this 32:9 aspect ratio means that you just have far more of the picture in display, so for the kinds of games I play, you're seeing things come into view far earlier, you're getting much larger landscape views in games like Death Stranding, Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Horizon Zero Dawn for instance and from the people who own one on the forum, it makes a huge impact in these kinds of games.

If I was just playing FPS games, then it wouldn't be as appealing to me.

Last edited:

steaky360

Literally makes no difference to me the physical attributes or design, but it is definitely a chunky chassis, no doubt about it. It's simply the performance I'm interested in. Personally though, I really like the design on this monitor. But it could look like a long pizza box and I'd still buy it. I have Noctua fans on my corsair cooler radiator, the original brown ones. Don't give a damn that it looks like a 70's tragedy, only care that they're the best performing fans on the market (or were at the time).

But it's the aspect ratio that grabs me more than anything. I'm bored with normal aspect ratio, I didn't find any mind blowing improvement from 1440p to 4k personally for gaming, not like I did from 1080p to 1440p, and actually preferred 1440p for it's overall performance.

But this 32:9 aspect ratio means that you just have far more of the picture in display, so for the kinds of games I play, you're seeing things come into view far earlier, you're getting much larger landscape views in games like Death Stranding, Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Horizon Zero Dawn for instance and from the people who own one on the forum, it makes a huge impact in these kinds of games.

If I was just playing FPS games, then it wouldn't be as appealing to me.
Not going to lie, its glorious.

I have this monitor and it is mahoooosive lol. Great for games such as Icarus, and even War Thunder is awesome with a wider aspect view. You are right in that it takes up desk space and speaker placement is tricky. Luckily I had the Sound Blaster Katana sound bar which actually sits great on the stock stand.
Top tip when updating the Firmware. Make sure to take out the USB to PC cable first or you will get the common error that it cannot read your usb stick! I hope you enjoy it :)
WST Room 1.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have this monitor and it is mahoooosive lol. Great for games such as Icarus, and even War Thunder is awesome with a wider aspect view. You are right in that it takes up desk space and speaker placement is tricky. Luckily I had the Sound Blaster Katana sound bar which actually sits great on the stock stand.
Top tip when updating the Firmware. Make sure to take out the USB to PC cable first or you will get the common error that it cannot read your usb stick! I hope you enjoy it :)
Awesome, thanks very much for the pointer (y)