Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3

D

Deleted member 41971

She hums and sings and rigs me to the interwebs, it's exactly what I'm looking for in the perfect woman.

living the life

Warner Brothers | Her film trailers by filmmaker Spike ...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ah, thanks, hadn't even considered doing that, but yeah, makes sense.

It's a damn fine phone this one, a damn fine phone @AgentCooper
Yeah if you have any scaling issues on the main screen then head to the front one, the Insta360 app is ok for most things on the main screen but for some things I have to flip over to the front one or change it to just use half the main screen by opening something alongside it

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That really looks the part. I'm not sure I could make piece with such a large device for a daily driver but it really does look like it's an excellent all-in-one.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That really looks the part. I'm not sure I could make piece with such a large device for a daily driver but it really does look like it's an excellent all-in-one.
The beauty of a fold is that when folded its no bigger than a common mobile phone @Scott

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The beauty of a fold is that when folded its no bigger than a common mobile phone @Scott
And given how huge it is folded out, it really isn't at all bulky or unweildy, I must say though, I've always been a big screen guy and leapt on the first Note when it was released.

But considering it's metal surround and "glass" screen, it really is surprisingly light.

Really impressive job.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Calling all Android users....

Do you use antivirus and if so, which one?

It certainly used to be an absolute necessity on android, but I'm assuming things may have improved?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've never used AV on a phone in my life and never had a single problem. It's entirely possible I'm just lucky but I like to think I'm just not gullible :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've never used AV on a phone in my life and never had a single problem. It's entirely possible I'm just lucky but I like to think I'm just not gullible :D
I'm the same never used anything apart from common sense

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm the same never used anything apart from common sense
I always lacked in common sense.

Back in the day it was a certainty that most people ran custom OS and bootloader which came with a load of security issues.

I have no intention of doing that on this device (aside from the fact unlocking the bootloader disables the cameras - NAUGHTY SAMSUNG), so it immediately reduces a lot of risk there.

I think I'll still install a firewall so I can monitor traffic as I'm inherently paranoid.

D

Deleted member 41971

I always lacked in common sense.

Back in the day it was a certainty that most people ran custom OS and bootloader which came with a load of security issues.

I have no intention of doing that on this device (aside from the fact unlocking the bootloader disables the cameras - NAUGHTY SAMSUNG), so it immediately reduces a lot of risk there.

I think I'll still install a firewall so I can monitor traffic as I'm inherently paranoid.

may be an interesting read

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Came across this Quora post which is actually really well summarised at a good techy level:

D

Deleted member 41971

Came across this Quora post which is actually really well summarised at a good techy level:

some info on samsung security updates

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Android is based on Linux I believe? I've never used (or needed) anti virus on any Android phone. It's just more FUD from the anti-malware companies trying to get you to pay for their (unnecessary) services.

BTW. It looks chilly in Liphook....:cool:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
BTW. It looks chilly in Liphook....:cool:
it's freezeballs!!! Feels more like October than August!

Another massive bonus on Android is the My Phone companion app on windows 10, very very impressive, it's obvious this is only going to improve ginormously in Windows 11.