Samsung LC49RG90SSUXEN 49" Back in stock

PhiBeh

Hi to one and all just purchased the Samsung LC 49R g90ssuxen 49 inch monitor from Samsung shop free next day delivery and 2 year warranty It fabulous

PhiBeh

Yes Amazon have 14 this morning . When I set up The monitor I could only get 60Hz till I realised I had the hdmi lead connected used the Display port cable sorted 120Hz. Thanks for your reply . Take care stay safe and enjoy

steaky360

I was away to respond suggesting it actually goes to 240Hz (assuming your GPU supports DP 1.4), but I think my monitor is the other model...

You too, its an epic monitor none the less :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was away to respond suggesting it actually goes to 240Hz (assuming your GPU supports DP 1.4), but I think my monitor is the other model...

You too, its an epic monitor none the less :)
Yes, @PhiBeh thats the older model, I’d go for the G9 which is quite substantially better and the same cost.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Judging by the fact that Samsung's their own site simply shows a stock alert rather than where to buy (normally, they give links of places you can buy from), I wouldn't be surprised if the ones on Amazon were pre-recall ones. Unless you can guarantee that it isn't a June 2020 one (those seem to be the ones with the issues), I would avoid buying them for now.

Just to add: Sites like Overclockers and eBuyer don't have them in stock and I'd expect them to be in stock there before Amazon
The pre recall ones aren’t for sale, if you get one accidentally, Samsung will just swap it for a refreshed one. The pre recall ones were recalled completely, so it’s not a valid product.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, it's odd as it's Amazon themselves rather than a 3rd party....and it is showing as in stock so not sure what's going on. It does have the exact same price as the price listed on the official Samsung site, as do the other sites
It's legit I think, Amazon do tend to get stocks ahead of other people.

D

Deleted member 103489

Samsung just alerted me of stock for the Odyssey G9, so cancelled amazon order and chose the 7th of october delivery through them.. could have chosen nex't day.

D

Deleted member 103489

well here is the samsung odyssey g9

Never mind the small table I have much bigger one, but yeah just had it set up now and seems to hold up ok with my computer lol

no dead pixels to report.

Attachments

• 120869280_803948513701564_1624044955831816217_n.jpg
    120869280_803948513701564_1624044955831816217_n.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 120844567_351090999433048_1040414898823231732_n.jpg
    120844567_351090999433048_1040414898823231732_n.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 159

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Soo love the curve on this thing, also going to be amazing for my 3d rendering etc.

Also i am sure games would be incredible on this to
Absolutely, for both gaming and productivity, it's an absolute winner.

The curve is supposed to be completely natural as in your eyes will be the same distance from the screen wherever you're looking from.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
well here is the samsung odyssey g9

Never mind the small table I have much bigger one, but yeah just had it set up now and seems to hold up ok with my computer lol

no dead pixels to report.
Out of interest, how would this monitor set up/fit in a corner set up? Is there enough curve to have the stand pretty far back into a corner?

D

Deleted member 103489

Out of interest, how would this monitor set up/fit in a corner set up? Is there enough curve to have the stand pretty far back into a corner?
Hard to say really due to the length of the monitor,
it has rather extrem curve to this however the stand may prevent you putting it that far back. However you will get away with this if you planned to have it sitting their in the corner as the curvage will work for corner wall.

I will try this out for you tomorrow though to confirm

steaky360

If you’re willing to mount it to a wall you could get it into a corner - gets rid of the stand problem.

You need a sturdy mount though and secure fixings to the wall (concrete or studs, don't rely on plasterboard)