Samsung LC49RG90SSUXEN 49" Back in stock

steaky360

So that's a shame, I rolled the drivers back but I can't even select 240Hz now :( (it was there with the later drivers)

But I also notice there's an update as of today!

D

Deleted member 103489

This is getting tried tonight!!

So that's a shame, I rolled the drivers back but I can't even select 240Hz now :( (it was there with the later drivers)

But I also notice there's an update as of today!
Yeah noticed update for this to now says 457.09 and it's update from the link i gave you.

Maybe some still had problems with 456.98

I am still on 456.98 and getting 240hz within the nvidia control panel

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 123

steaky360

So I hadn't enabled 240Hz on the monitor.

But tried that and.. sadly.. black screen still :( Had to reset the monitor to get it to turn back on :( boo woe is me.

Super chuffed (and a little jealous) that you've got it to work @Jamie85 ;)

D

Deleted member 103489

So I hadn't enabled 240Hz on the monitor.

But tried that and.. sadly.. black screen still :( Had to reset the monitor to get it to turn back on :( boo woe is me.

Super chuffed (and a little jealous) that you've got it to work @Jamie85 ;)
Ahhh sorry about this steaky, just to be sure though

Did you download ''Windows 10 64-bit Standard Driver''

Ignore the nvidia update.. this is not fix for the 240hz and you should download the ''GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 456.98'' version
so has to be the hotfix driver update (would be nice if nvidia had this in their geforce experience panel)

Once installed go to nvidia control panel and in change resolution you will have the option to select 240hz.

The screen wil go black for few seconds and countdown timer to confirm ok.

If you manage to get this far, your screen may be appeared stretch, just chnage adjust desktop to 100%, somehow still sets to 200%

steaky360

I tried it with the hotfix driver and it just gave me a black screen same as the other drivers.

Using DDU between to clean install each update so no conflicts there.

Will try again tomorrow evening, away from the computer now - cheers for the assistance 👍👍 will get there eventually I’m sure!

D

Deleted member 103489

I tried it with the hotfix driver and it just gave me a black screen same as the other drivers.

Using DDU between to clean install each update so no conflicts there.

Will try again tomorrow evening, away from the computer now - cheers for the assistance 👍👍 will get there eventually I’m sure!
Keep me posted steaky... weird how it does not work we both have zotac 30 series cards.

Hopefully you get better luck tomorrow.

steaky360

Tried with hotfix driver again and same issues, I don't really get a chance to select anything because when I go into the monitor settings and select 240Hz I get the black screen and my PC locks up. I have to reset monitor to default to get it to come back on (at 120Hz) :( booo.

D

Deleted member 103489

Tried with hotfix driver again and same issues, I don't really get a chance to select anything because when I go into the monitor settings and select 240Hz I get the black screen and my PC locks up. I have to reset monitor to default to get it to come back on (at 120Hz) :( booo.
Does it not let you select 240hz through the nvidia control panel.. this is when you should get 10 second countdown window to confirm the display settings.

steaky360

Does it not let you select 240hz through the nvidia control panel.. this is when you should get 10 second countdown window to confirm the display settings.
Not unless I select 240Hz on the monitor first, and as soon as I do that. Black Screen :(

1604148004366.png

Only thing I can do after the black screen is hard-reset and reset monitor to factory settings otherwise I boot up to an immediate black screen.

D

Deleted member 103489

Not unless I select 240Hz on the monitor first, and as soon as I do that. Black Screen :(

View attachment 19363

Only thing I can do after the black screen is hard-reset and reset monitor to factory settings otherwise I boot up to an immediate black screen.
You know what's weird though @steaky360
when i install the 457.09 the 240hz no longer works so have to keep at the 456.98 hotfix driver update.

Not to sure what that's all about.

D

Deleted member 103489

Forgot to say @steaky360 when you installed the usb firmware for the monitor did you make sure to install the drivers below that to for the displayport.. This may just solve your problem if you have not done so.

D

Deleted member 103489

Also i would avoid updating the drivers to 457.09 for now >

link

This update goes back to the black screen problem. Strange for Nvidia to do this when they had working driver for 456.98
lets hope nvidia address this with their next driver update

But yes stick with 456.98 for now.

D

Deleted member 103489

Hey @steaky360 how is it going?

Their is a new update for the samsung g9 monitor 1008.1 and this now takes away all the problems for the 240z black screen... when updating everything works perfect and i can now install my nvidia drivers with ease.

I am having zero issues now

This is from samsung website but not for the uk just yet.

Note.. their is some korean but don't worrie about the language barrier this will auto save the dng file to desktop

Just add the file to usb and plug into services and install.

I have it installed

I do not need to use hotfix driver now :)

Also the response for everything is much faster.. those flickers i would get at 240hz in games have gone and
just makes the monitor run like it was suppose to

steaky360

@Jamie85 Does it solve the issue of it being such a big screen that it takes 6 hours to move the mouse from one side to the other? ;)
Thats not a bug, that's a feature!

Hey @steaky360 how is it going?

**Snip**

So I did get it working previously with the hotfix drivers but as @SpyderTracks has mentioned previously about max pixel push power it caused an issue with my second monitor so didn't really look into it too much more after that.

Will get the updates installed at some point this week and give it a go! Nice to hear it all seems to be working now!

steaky360

@Jamie85 so finally got round to installing new monitor firmware and it works as you described flawlessly!

For anyone else looking to get this absolute beautiful monitor - install the firmware noted above and it'll run brilliantly!

I turned the resolution down on my second monitor so I can still have two screens - so win win :)