Samsung Monitor 1440p Broken?

Vaio

Enthusiast
So I ordered this monitor from amazon and it arrived today

Long story short, the power supply plug is for EU. Contacted Samsung and they said due to the monitor not being manufactured in the UK they couldn't help me??? what...

Anyways, I had an old figure 8 power adapter lying around from a virgin media box (they use samsung power supply) and now it's working.

However, HDMI 1 works fine, HDMI2 I get this below screen.. please tell me it's not broken? I'm losing the will with these monitors.. I've had 3 different ones so far and all of them I've had to send back due to some sort of quality control issue.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 3.39.15 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 3.39.15 PM.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 168

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I ordered this monitor from amazon and it arrived today

Long story short, the power supply plug is for EU. Contacted Samsung and they said due to the monitor not being manufactured in the UK they couldn't help me??? what...

Anyways, I had an old figure 8 power adapter lying around from a virgin media box (they use samsung power supply) and now it's working.

However, HDMI 1 works fine, HDMI2 I get this below screen.. please tell me it's not broken? I'm losing the will with these monitors.. I've had 3 different ones so far and all of them I've had to send back due to some sort of quality control issue.
i wouldn’t accept it , I’d go back to amazon. If Samsung won’t deal with you because it’s not a uk config then the warranty is worthless.

Vaio

Enthusiast
i wouldn’t accept it , I’d go back to amazon. If Samsung won’t deal with you because it’s not a uk config then the warranty is worthless.

Literally fed up with bad quality control on monitors. 3 monitors, from 3 different brands and there has been something wrong with them. 2 from Curry's and now Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Literally fed up with bad quality control on monitors. 3 monitors, from 3 different brands and there has been something wrong with them. 2 from Curry's and now Amazon.
That is unfortunate.... on the plus side, at least those places have decent returns policies. I know it doesn't make it any better now you've had 3 duffs, but believe me, some places you would have had a fight returning them.

Vaio

Enthusiast
That is unfortunate.... on the plus side, at least those places have decent returns policies. I know it doesn't make it any better now you've had 3 duffs, but believe me, some places you would have had a fight returning them.

Could it possibly be that HDMI 2 is 144hz and my laptop is only outputting 59HZ according to display settings? I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference tbh

Vaio

Enthusiast
Wouldn’t make a difference.

Back to the drawing board it is... Due to the lack of 1440p monitor's right now, I'm tempted to just get a 1080p for the time being. Even though I want a monitor for my PC, the reason why I need one fairly soon is for my work as well. Looking at spreadsheets on a laptop isn't fun

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Back to the drawing board it is... Due to the lack of 1440p monitor's right now, I'm tempted to just get a 1080p for the time being. Even though I want a monitor for my PC, the reason why I need one fairly soon is for my work as well. Looking at spreadsheets on a laptop isn't fun
What about argos? It's in stock...

Vaio

Enthusiast
What about argos? It's in stock...

Yeah I tried that it shows in stock on that screen then when I go to add it to my trolley it says out of stock

They do have 32"... although I think that would be massive for sitting right in front of lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I tried that it shows in stock on that screen then when I go to add it to my trolley it says out of stock
Ah, gutted, that's a shame.

The only other place that says they have stocks at reasonable cost is eBuyer.... I bought an SSD off them a couple of weeks ago and paid about £10 for next day, took a day to process, but did come next day courier which I was happy with.

Vaio

Enthusiast
Ah, gutted, that's a shame.

The only other place that says they have stocks at reasonable cost is eBuyer.... I bought an SSD off them a couple of weeks ago and paid about £10 for next day, took a day to process, but did come next day courier which I was happy with.

That's cool! I've never purchased from there before. The only difference with that monitor compared to mine is the freensync ability on mine, I don't think that's available on that model. Exactly the same, apart from that.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
I would avoid Argos if possible, they are having a nightmare with their online ordering system/stock checking, also if you buy anything from them they aren't accepting any refunds until their standalone stores open. I ordered a Razer Blade 15.5in i7 laptop, took my money but couldn't deliver (couldn't actually give me a delivery slot either), customer services can't help as they just haven't got the staffing levels. In the end i had to email the MD and one of his team cancelled the order and then i came here and got a custom built laptop (which is a monster in comparison) for pretty much the same sort of money.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's cool! I've never purchased from there before. The only difference with that monitor compared to mine is the freensync ability on mine, I don't think that's available on that model. Exactly the same, apart from that.
Daaaahhh!!! Sorry about that, thought i'd got the same model!

Is this decent?

It's a TN monitor
If you're ok with TN then the Nitro's are excellent. IMHO, and I know I'm probably in the minority here, but TN's are so good these days that the benefits between them and IPS is a far reduced from what it used to be.

Vaio

Enthusiast
Also - how important is freesync? it seems as though the monitor that I have isn't even a UK model, so how easy it's going to be to purchase another one I'm not sure? I'm wondering if I just purchase the one you linked? UK model without freesync.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also - how important is freesync? it seems as though the monitor that I have isn't even a UK model, so how easy it's going to be to purchase another one I'm not sure? I'm wondering if I just purchase the one you linked? UK model without freesync.
Freesync is worthwhile these days, pretty much does away with screen tearing.

Vaio

Enthusiast
Freesync is worthwhile these days, pretty much does away with screen tearing.

I've started the returns for the Samsung with Amazon. I knew I wasn't going to have any issues, especially when there's an actual fault.

I think I am most definitely going to purchase this one

However, before I buy it, will AMD freesync still work with my RTX? I'm assuming the term freesync is loosely used interchangeably?

Thx