Samsung Notebook = Lady in distress!

111akasha

Hello everyone ,
I have an issue with my new laptop and although it seems there is no solution and I am stuck with it.....I might as well give it one last try.
The issue is that when I use use caps (which I do liberally) a display pop up comes on saying caps on caps off,is a big thing and it also stops you typing for a couple of seconds.I use caps a lot and never want to disable the caps key but every time this display pops up saying caps on caps off,is extremely annoying.
The laptop's original price was fairly high and of course as many do they are quick to highlight the good features but forgot to omit that buying this pc included buying this imposed feature,this silly annoying display pop up,if I had known I Would Have Never Ever bought it.I have completely gone of Samsung and will never ever ever ever again buy one of their products.
I know other people have been able to take this feature off by messing with the registry keys and other serious stuff which someone like me without a degree in computing should never do unless told step by step I guess.
Samsun'g treatment of my asking for help was pretty appalling,considering my issue meaningless but I spent money on a product which did not warm me of this stupid feature.Why Include such a thing as something forced on the user? Why not make it an option that those few that want it can activate?
I am going to include some details about my new notebook in the vain hope someone can tell me there is something I can actually do about it,is really distressing for me and now I am stuck with a pc that I don't want....if only I could make this silly display pop up go away.
Is a 14 inch Samsung notebook Series7 Chronos NP700Z3C-SO1UK
Windows7 Home Premium 64bit ,8 gig
I guess that if it's a software thing only an expert could do anything about this.Hope anyone has any ideas. :)

P.s : Actually this notebook has some great features such as great graphic card and very silent fan but evrything has been spoiled for me.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
It depends how it is being done - probably its some specific Samsung software adding the popup in which case you are probably looking at registry settings to correct it (although it's not as daunting as it sounds).

One thing you can check is in the bottom right hand corner of your windows screen (just to the left of the clock/date) - there should be icons for whatever utilities are running in the background. By rightclicking on these they may let you enter setup where you can see if there are any caps lock related settings. Alternatively they may allow you to close down the utility - you could try this and see if the problem goes away.

On the other hand if it's Windows providing the popup then you should be able to find the setting within 'Control Panel > Keyboard' (or possibly 'Control Panel > Ease of Access Center'