Samsung Odyssey G5 Help

lukeirelan-hill195

Afternoon all,

Have got a Samsung Odyssey G5 to game on, but am having issues with the screen 'blinking'. It's absolutely fine if I have the screen refresh rate at 60hz, but as soon as it is at 120hz or 144hz it will consistently blink and 'displayport' or 'hdmi' will appear in the top left of the screen depending on what it is plugged in to. This happens regardless of if I am gaming, or screen is just on the desktop, for example whilst writing this post on the other screen, the G5 is blinking every 30 seconds or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Afternoon all,

Have got a Samsung Odyssey G5 to game on, but am having issues with the screen 'blinking'. It's absolutely fine if I have the screen refresh rate at 60hz, but as soon as it is at 120hz or 144hz it will consistently blink and 'displayport' or 'hdmi' will appear in the top left of the screen depending on what it is plugged in to. This happens regardless of if I am gaming, or screen is just on the desktop, for example whilst writing this post on the other screen, the G5 is blinking every 30 seconds or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
What screens do you have plugged in and by what connection type?

What GPU do you have in your build?

lukeirelan-hill195

What screens do you have plugged in and by what connection type?

What GPU do you have in your build?
Thanks for the reply.

Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12

Samsung Odyssey G5 and then just a standard Lenovo Thinkvision. Both currently displayport connections.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Still the same issue. Fine on 60, but blinks when 120 or 144.
Are you sure the DP is plugged in fully? Similarly with the power cable. The power cable especially has to be pushed quite firmly in.

Sorry to ask, but you've got to start at the basics.

Try in a different display port.

lukeirelan-hill195

Yep, happy all cables are fully plugged in. I assume that the fact the screen works fine when set to 60hz confirms this as well?

Have tried both display ports and also HDMI and still the same issues when set to 120 and 144.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yep, happy all cables are fully plugged in. I assume that the fact the screen works fine when set to 60hz confirms this as well?

Have tried both display ports and also HDMI and still the same issues when set to 120 and 144.
Make sure the monitor firmware is on the latest version as below:

lukeirelan-hill195

Make sure the monitor firmware is on the latest version as below:

Have just updated the firmware, but still exactly the same issue. Have tried back on 60hz again and works absolutely fine.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And as simple as that! Thanks for the help.
Awesome! Really pleased.

You have to be a little careful with cables, especially if buying them off somewhere like Amazon, you get a lot of dodgy sellers not highlighting that they're an older socket version which is no longer compatible.

Similarly when buying adapters say from VGA to HDMI, a lot of seller will list basic cables without telling you that you need an active converter in the chain, so the cable will never work.

Glad it's working though (y)