sandy bridge

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Sandy Bridge is going to slot into Intel's existing line-up. It will be better than most of the Core i3/i5/i7 on the market today, but not all.

Concord

Sandy Bridge is going to slot into Intel's existing line-up. It will be better than most of the Core i3/i5/i7 on the market today, but not all.

im disagree with that. It will give slight performance, like up to 5 % maybe, but price will be up to 20 % more . So they found another way to get money, """"create""""" new socket with new name and sell it much higher, with adding few % in performance

Concord

for me it is hard to believe in that prices. never seen so cheap prices for latest cpu

Core i7 2600k
4/8
3.4/3.8GHz 8MB 95W 317 usd

Intel Core i7 965 @ 3.20GHz 6,804 about 900 usd

and 965 worse then 2600

I dont see a point make such prices.... they will kill they own market

I am deffo moving to Sandy bridge combo just waiting for on their full cpu line up and roadmap. I have had a look at the gigabyte, MSI and ECS P67 and all look very sexeh :D. Really love the black and white look of the ECS board.

In regards to performance I was reading an early benchmark

"The Core i5 2400, which runs at 3.1GHz, but its version did not have Turbo Mode enabled (which will boost each core to 3.4GHz when needed). It did, however, have Hyper-Threading enabled"

"The CPU itself, the i5 2400 managed to play runner-up to the Core i7 980X Extreme in most benchmarks, though in some cases it trailed the Core i7 880 when Hyper-Threading wasn’t enabled. It routinely bested the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, AMD’s fastest desktop processor"

So there you go a "low end" i5 owning AMDs fastest and taking on the i7 and proving it has some serious grunt. In terms of graphics power many also believe it will be the end of low end cards from people like Nvidia...

"The graphics benchmarks not only showed that Sandy Bridge’s integrated graphics are far superior to previous integrated graphics solutions, but were also on par with a budget discrete card like the Radeon HD 5450. In other words, it can offer playable frame rates at low settings (and low resolutions) for games like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and Dawn of War II"

Last edited: