Screen Issue

hoshCC

Hi, I got my laptop just 3 weeks ago, till today all seemed perfect functionally. This morning I turned it on, and just watching Netflix the screen turned off and never went on again. I tried to connected with an HDMI cable to my tv but nothing (I’m sure that the cable works fine, cause we use it with my boyfriend’s laptop). The screen is completely dead, it doesn’t show any brightness (not even the logo or the BIOS). The keyboard seems to work, the lights are on (if I press the button Fn+1 the fan goes in the turbo mode, as it should). I don’t know what happened all the sudden, It’s brand new like already said and I treated it like a jewel. If u need I can upload some videos or picture. I’m 100% sure that’s an hardware problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I got my laptop just 3 weeks ago, till today all seemed perfect functionally. This morning I turned it on, and just watching Netflix the screen turned off and never went on again. I tried to connected with an HDMI cable to my tv but nothing (I’m sure that the cable works fine, cause we use it with my boyfriend’s laptop). The screen is completely dead, it doesn’t show any brightness (not even the logo or the BIOS). The keyboard seems to work, the lights are on (if I press the button Fn+1 the fan goes in the turbo mode, as it should). I don’t know what happened all the sudden, It’s brand new like already said and I treated it like a jewel. If u need I can upload some videos or picture. I’m 100% sure that’s an hardware problem.
Can you post your full specs from the order page?

hoshCC

Chassis & DisplayNova Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable2 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
BatteryNova Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you get a torch (torch on your phone should do) shine it directly at the screen and take a look from the side, can you make anything out?

I'm wondering if the backlight has blown (although that wouldn't explain why HDMI out isn't working).... it's either that or the GPU has completely failed, but I would expect that to give some error beeps on boot up.

hoshCC

I tried with the torch but unfortunately I can’t see anything from any side.
And when I boot it up I can just hear the fan.
I don’t know if this is important too, but now the keyboard is flashing with different colours. And by the way thank you for answering, even at this time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I tried with the torch but unfortunately I can’t see anything from any side.
And when I boot it up I can just hear the fan.
I don’t know if this is important too, but now the keyboard is flashing with different colours. And by the way thank you for answering, even at this time.
Ah, if the keyboard is flashing, it may be overheating.

I'd turn it off and leave it off until the morning, then come back on here and we'll go through some temperature monitoring. Don't use it in the meantime.

hoshCC

Hi, so I waited till now before turn on the computer but nothing changed. The screen still won’t work and the keyboard is still flashing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, so I waited till now before turn on the computer but nothing changed. The screen still won’t work and the keyboard is still flashing.
You'll need to log an RMA then with PCS. They are open tomorrow, I think from 9AM, you can call them on 0333 011 7000