Screen recorder

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Good morning everyone :)
I have a recording available via Adobe Connect, I can only access it by logging in with my personal account. I would like to download a clip from it (including audio). I am clueless on what software to use and how to do it, any advice will be appreciated.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Are you viewing it in a browser? Do you know what format it is in?

Im not sure if it will work but if your using chrome you could use FVD Downloader which is available from the extensions store.

If you try it in Firefox also it seems to be more relaxed about what you can download.

Other than that you can get screen capture software however the audio synch on them are pretty grim.

The last time i struggled getting a recording off the machine i actually set up my phone with a tripod to record it. IT was nothing illegal i might add.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't know the format but I have to use adobe connect to sign in and play it. I am looking for more like a recorder of the sound and video, perhaps similar to what it is used to stream video game play. Select part of my desktop and record it or stream it.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I have a program at home for recording game footage it lets you select a window to record, i will have a plays bout with it tonight and let you know what its called etc.

The FVD downloader will let you download any MP4, Mkv, Flash, FLV videos playing on your browser, i dont know if Adobe connect has a browser based login or if its just a desktop app

Think i have also used one called Camstudio it might be what your looking for.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well with the new drivers and GeForce Experience, it seems that Nvidia would have what you are looking for, its either that or something like Hypercam which leaves a watermark but is free

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Well with the new drivers and GeForce Experience, it seems that Nvidia would have what you are looking for, its either that or something like Hypercam which leaves a watermark but is free

Is hypercam easy to use? Can I record and/or stream?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
My daughter uses HyperCam on my old computer and it looks pretty easy to use,you can record anything from a Microsoft Windows Screen,not sure about streaming or if it works with Adobe Connect though.
HyperCam 2 is a free download so worth a try,but as Wozza said it applies a watermark.

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
Fraps should work fine, i'm sure there is a free version / trial and if you're playing a video it should be able to record it

sted

Rising Star
I did use MSI Afterburner a while back for recording, up until Shadowplay came along.

MSI.jpg

Just change the settings to whatever suits.

One problem I had with it was the sound toward the end when choosing to stop recording would sometimes suddenly break off before the video itself ends, but usually ending the recording a little bit after worked to oppose that. That said it's been months since I used it to record and there may be an updated version by now that possibly addresses any issues like that--although I used it to record in game, it may not have that problem at all for recording the desktop/browser.

Other than that it is free.

Attachments

• MSI.jpg
    MSI.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 318

sine0

If your looking for screen capture, over the years I have tried loads.
there is a great option to use ffmpeg and a frame buffer plugin but that
only captures screen images and you have to sync the audio separately

by far the easiest is http://wmrecorder.com/products/wm-capture/
I know the site looks like a first served google result and it is payware
but it work great and is easy. they have a trail version which you can use
for your need anyway