SD Card reader not working.

Hello,

I have a built in card reader on my new laptop. I have a Canon SX530 HS camera with an "Ultra Fast 32GB SDHC" SD card for the camera. I have taken a few photos on the camera and now I would like to plug it into my laptop to transfer the images over.

When I insert the SD card and "click" it in place, the Laptop does a beep noise to tell me it's detected the card. However when I got to "My PC" it doesn't show an additional drive. When I go into control panel and go to devices it shows the SD card slot but it shows an error. When I troubleshoot the problem it tries to reinstall the drivers but it says it failed and that it doesn't know what to do to fix the problem. According to the drivers they're up to date. I leave the country next weekend and I would like this to be working before I leave so I can take plenty of holiday photos.

My Laptop Spec's are:

Chassis & Display Octane Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700k (4.2GHz) 8MB Cache
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 - 8.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1, G-SYNC
1st Hard Disk 1TB WD Blue™ 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 545MB/sR | 525MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD Blue™ 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 545MB/sR | 525MB/sW)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor 1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ WIRELESS-AC 1535 M.2 GAMING 802.11AC + BLUETOOTH 4.1
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS, 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS, 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Battery Octane Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (82WH)
Keyboard Language OCTANE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language

Try installing / reinstalling the card reader driver.

If your laptop is the Clevo P751DM2-G (you can confirm the model number by looking on the underside of the chassis) you can get the drivers here: http://www.clevo.com/en/e-services/download/ftpOut.asp?Lmodel=P7xxDM2/P7xxDM3&ltype=9&submit=+GO+

Some clevo laptop features are reliant on Control Centre, so you may also want to try installing that if the driver alone doesn't help.

I had a look at that site you suggested however when I click a link to download the drivers it loads for about 5 minutes before giving a "page could not load" error. :/

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would be tempted to try another card, even a cheap low capacity one, just to be certain it's the reader and not the card. I realise it's worked in your camera but you need to prove it's not the card first.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Clevo website is a bit twitchy sadly.

I'd keep trying it periodically. You may also have the drivers in your PCS account download section.

As well as ubuysa's suggestion above